Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New typhoon H owner from Missouri.

Reaction score
Hello all, I purchased a used Typhoon H Pro about a week ago. really liking it so far except video range is only about 100 feet. I switched over to the flat antenna and it hasnt really fixed the problem. also the camera begins to tilt every now and then. I have to land and do a complete system restart to clear it.

Welcome.
The flat antenna needs always pointed to the H, Mushroom antenna not so.
Try re-calibrating the camera on level ground for the tilt problem.
100 feet? hmmm others have to chime in on this?
here's the latest manual for the H, If you don't already have one.

Attachments

• TYPHOON H USER MANUAL Vcho3-2.pdf
    4.5 MB · Views: 1
thanks, yea its kinda strange, I just read on here where another person had range problems and turned out being a broken wire leading to the antenna mount.

I tried the mushroom antenna first then swapped out for the square patch antenna, cleared up some of my twitchy video problems. but range is still questionable.

Take a look and hopefully if that's the case you should be able to fix it easily.

I've been flying well over 2 years (92 hours) and only once used the flat antenna.

I've been flying my TH for over 3 years exclusively using the mushroom antenna...I don't have a patch antenna. I know that I have a video range of at least 500mtrs (legal maximum to fly out is 500mtrs in the U.K.) using the mushroom so I can say that you definitely have a problem...but of course you already know that.

Look for broken wires to the camera, a depressed pin on the shoe, or an improperly secured mushroom or patch antenna on the ST16. The antenna for video at the camera (aircraft) side is situated within the camera shell itself...below the sensor towards the front of the shell.

Reactions: Clayton B.
update just checked the antenna wire connection inside the st16. the connection was good and taped, I did remove the wire and tested with meter. wire is good. also I did find a loose main connection to the 5ghz board, the small white plug with a bundle of ketchup and mustard wires. fixed that then replaced cover. tested with mushroom antenna, gets better range now.

update just checked the antenna wire connection inside the st16. the connection was good and taped, I did remove the wire and tested with meter. wire is good. also I did find a loose main connection to the 5ghz board, the small white plug with a bundle of ketchup and mustard wires. fixed that then replaced cover. tested with mushroom antenna, gets better range now.
What sort of range are you getting now?

I tested with a rubber ducky antenna I had laying around and still getting about 600-700 feet.
im happy with that for now.
gonna test after dinner for interference. I just realized we have a wifi extender that broadcasts in 2.4 and 5.8ghz. we dont use the 5 ghz bandwidth.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval