Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New Update

Has anyone here tested what this "Support for dynamic Return to Launch depending on the battery capacity" is? Like, how does that work? I did not notice any changes in the menu.

Has anyone here tested what this "Support for dynamic Return to Launch depending on the battery capacity" is? Like, how does that work? I did not notice any changes in the menu.

As I understand it, it allows to establish a different home when the drone is in the air discarding the home established in the takeoff.

For example, this allows you to take off, move to another place and automatically land (RTL) in another home established in that other place.

These are assumptions of what I think "dynamic Return to Launch" means. Now, we add that it depends on "depending on the battery capacity", it can be (I repeat, they are my assumptions) that when it is in RTL mode and you see that it doesn't have enough battery to reach the current takeoff or home point, it allows you to establish another home. I don't know if it has to be in RTL mode and click on the screen to set another home or something similar.

Let's see if someone can solve the doubt :rolleyes:

My interpretation is similar to what you write in the second part of your post - I think it means that the copter will try to estimate how much battery it needs to get back to home point based on distance, and will alter the battery voltage level at which battery failsafe RTL will be executed. Similar to DJI.

I will be making some test flights soon, I'll try to cover that.

I confirm, turtle slider work well now.
On the other hand, the Gimbal calibration crashed several times
Flight Controller: 1.4.21
E90 Gimbal: 2.40.0

My interpretation is similar to what you write in the second part of your post - I think it means that the copter will try to estimate how much battery it needs to get back to home point based on distance, and will alter the battery voltage level at which battery failsafe RTL will be executed. Similar to DJI.

I will be making some test flights soon, I'll try to cover that.

I reached out to a tech support rep at Yuneec asking for an explanation of what dynamic return to launch is. His reply was:

Dynamic return to home will cause the H520 to fly back and land at a spot that is 13-26 ft from where the transmitter was located at when the RTH function was activated. This is in contrast to Return to Launch, which returns to the same spot it took off from, and is best used in situations where the pilot will be moving away from the launch point during the flight.

I reached out to a tech support rep at Yuneec asking for an explanation of what dynamic return to launch is. His reply was:

Dynamic return to home will cause the H520 to fly back and land at a spot that is 13-26 ft from where the transmitter was located at when the RTH function was activated. This is in contrast to Return to Launch, which returns to the same spot it took off from, and is best used in situations where the pilot will be moving away from the launch point during the flight.

Very interesting, and I think it's very important to have it clear to be able to use it effectively.

The Dynamic return to home is going to land in an area between 4 and 8 meters from the location of the ST16S at the time of activating the function.

Thank you for the information. Now it is clearer its function and how it works :)

Reactions: BigAl07
Ok, so that clears it up perfectly, but why on earth would they mention battery capacity in the changelog when naming this new function..?

Edit: a question for a 100 points. Where is this option in the menu?

well that was new when I hit 9 percent on batt it went to Autoland however I was hovering 10ft over the rtl point and it went up 160 ft then headed 26ft west then landed. batt was at 6 percent when it landed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atas77my