Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New video about H Pro Realsense

Reaction score
Here is the link of the latest video our friend in Germany has made about H Pro Realsense. It this test he simply lets the H Pro follow him while he is driving around in a park on his bicycle.

Nice job Fan Tho Mass

Reactions: Rayray
I am impressed with the H being able to avoid objects.
I am not impressed with the ability to keep up and keep the rider in the frame.

Yes very impressed that it avoided a ton of things. I don't think it can go faster and be safe. They can mostly likely keep the rider in the frame more with a updated. But not speed it up.

You can see the potential,
Not sure if firmware can make it faster, but it should make it keep the rider more inframe.
Now if they can get it to keep up with a trail rider going full out I would really be impressed.

I am impressed with the H being able to avoid objects.
I am not impressed with the ability to keep up and keep the rider in the frame.

How does the H see left and right. When it is in front of you is it watching it's behind. Seems like it needs 360 degree coverage to always avoid stuff. Can anyone explain.

How does the H see left and right. When it is in front of you is it watching it's behind. Seems like it needs 360 degree coverage to always avoid stuff. Can anyone explain.
That's why there is a 360 degree camera. The camera is always pointed at you (the following object), the H is always flying forward!

Reactions: abinder
That's why there is a 360 degree camera. The camera is always pointed at you (the following object), the H is always flying forward!

So if it gets in a 5 foot dead in maze, would it know how to back out of it...

Fan Tho Mass used in his video´s an updated H Advance which Yuneec Europe has equipped with a RealSence module. Fan Tho Mass also did not received the new ST16 with the third antenna.

Most say that he really tests everything, started on foot and now let the H following him in Follow me mode while riding a bicycle.

So far RealSence does work very well, only problem is that this system need it’s time to make the correct decision. By automatically flying slow the system gets the time it needed to scan its surroundings.

So if it gets in a 5 foot dead in maze, would it know how to back out of it...
RealSense remembers the last 30 seconds flightpath, so yes it will finally know it's way out. But it can take some time :)

You can see the potential,
Not sure if firmware can make it faster, but it should make it keep the rider more inframe.
Now if they can get it to keep up with a trail rider going full out I would really be impressed.

I assume that you have some control over how close, how high and what position relative to you it tries to keep - so it will be able to do a better job of keeping the target in frame. These are just test videos so it's not clear how well it will work when someone sets out to do a 'proper' film.

Watching this video it all seems good until it gets to the point where it looks like its going to hit the branch at 2:37 and the video was cut to another scene, I've noticed this on several other videos that's been produced lately this makes me a bit suspicious why make the cut, when the video is suppose to be portraying how good the RealSence is, why not make the video in its entirety unless their is something to hide, these comments are just my own observation, perhaps someone can tell me differently the reason for the cuts.

Watching this video it all seems good until it gets to the point where it looks like its going to hit the branch at 2:37 and the video was cut to another scene, I've noticed this on several other videos that's been produced lately this makes me a bit suspicious why make the cut, when the video is suppose to be portraying how good the RealSence is, why not make the video in its entirety unless their is something to hide, these comments are just my own observation, perhaps someone can tell me differently the reason for the cuts.
Well, just after the cut, the typhoon crashes, and he sits on his bike for two weeks in the park waiting for a replacement unit, which he uses to film the other scene. Without the cut, it would be a reeeeeeally long video, with most of it being a shot from the ground at a weird angle, with many interruptions to the video as he changes out batteries every twenty minutes on the crashed unit. And you don't want to see what he does after ten days of twenty minute battery changes, that much sleep deprivation drives you crazy.

Well, just after the cut, the typhoon crashes, and he sits on his bike for two weeks in the park waiting for a replacement unit, which he uses to film the other scene. Without the cut, it would be a reeeeeeally long video, with most of it being a shot from the ground at a weird angle, with many interruptions to the video as he changes out batteries every twenty minutes on the crashed unit. And you don't want to see what he does after ten days of twenty minute battery changes, that much sleep deprivation drives you crazy.
BIG LOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a Pro, and have tested the RS almost a dozen times now. With RS active, the RS module always faces the direction of travel, doesn't care where the Vid cam is pointed. As it travels, at 10-11 mph, it "looks" left and right. As it detects an obstacle, it "scans" the object, a tree for instance, in 3D, then "looks" for a way around. The RS has only a front field of vision, so it must turn, pan, to operate.
Mind you the RS module itself does not turn, it is fixed toward the front. So it turns the craft to "see". Hope this is not confusing.

Watching it do its stuff is pretty amazing, spooky almost at times, and the H may move in ways you do not anticipate.

Reactions: Tecneek
I have a Pro, and have tested the RS almost a dozen times now. With RS active, the RS module always faces the direction of travel, doesn't care where the Vid cam is pointed. As it travels, at 10-11 mph, it "looks" left and right. As it detects an obstacle, it "scans" the object, a tree for instance, in 3D, then "looks" for a way around. The RS has only a front field of vision, so it must turn, pan, to operate.
Mind you the RS module itself does not turn, it is fixed toward the front. So it turns the craft to "see". Hope this is not confusing.

Watching it do its stuff is pretty amazing, spooky almost at times, and the H may move in ways you do not anticipate.
do you think that you can push up to 20mph ?

Don't think so, Eric. Maybe they will change that in the future. Once you are in the clear, just switch RS off and zoom away.

It's just an observation, but when the RS gets into a 'corner' at times it can take some time to find its way out. I suspect the cut is just because a minute or so of a camera staring at a tree is boring :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval