Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

No memory card

It's kept me occupied for a few hours of lockdown anyway.. Every cloud...….
Few enough of those these days. Unbelievable how a tiny strand of protein chain can cause so much havoc. Still hoping the plateau arrives soon.

Oh okay. Another thread on here states it will work which is why I bought it. Can you suggest the fastest card I can get which will be compatible?
Cheers
I have exactly the same problem, every San Disk card I buy that should work in my C23 does not.
I hadn't heard of the hack where you put a card in a C23 that is already on, I tried it today no change

• Sad
Reactions: brianpk
Reactions: brianpk
I have exactly the same problem, every San Disk card I buy that should work in my C23 does not.
I hadn't heard of the hack where you put a card in a C23 that is already on, I tried it today no change
I've just received and tried a SanDisk 32GB Extreme (not pro) and that was also unrecognised first time, but I switched the drone off and back on and it has recognised it, been formatted and captured images okay since. (But I'm still going to carry the original supplied card with me, just in case!)

I've just received and tried a SanDisk 32GB Extreme (not pro) and that was also unrecognised first time, but I switched the drone off and back on and it has recognised it, been formatted and captured images okay since. (But I'm still going to carry the original supplied card with me, just in case!)
Your post struck a chord with me. I always have power off when I change a card on my CGO3+. I have never had a problem with either of my cards (SanDisk 128GB Extreme V30 U3 and Panasonic 16GB Class 10 U3). I have done that to avoid putting any stress on the gimbal motors.

I am curious if you have hot swapped the SD cards in the C23.

I’ve done some further web browsing on standards for SD cards and have encountered the UHS standard. Is the 64GB Extreme Pro you are having issues with an SDXC I or SDXC II rated card? The I and II are the UHS rating.

Last edited:
Your post struck a chord with me. I always have power off when I change a card on my CGO3+. I have never had a problem with either of my cards (SanDisk 128GB Extreme V30 U3 and Panasonic 16GB Class 10 U3). I have done that to avoid putting any stress on the gimbal motors.

I am curious if you have hot swapped the SD cards in the C23.

I’ve done some further web browsing on standards for SD cards and have encountered the UHS standard. Is the 64GB Extreme Pro you are having issues with an SDXC I or SDXC II rated card? The I and II are the UHS rating.
Yes, with the Extreme Pro, if I insert it whilethe C23 is switched on it gets recognised, but not if it's already in when I switch the drone on. It's 32 GB SDHC UHS-1. The other markings on the card are a number 3 in the "bucket" shape and A1

The Extreme wasn't recognised first time, but seems to be working fine now.

Yes, with the Extreme Pro, if I insert it whilethe C23 is switched on it gets recognised, but not if it's already in when I switch the drone on. It's 32 GB SDHC UHS-1. The other markings on the card are a number 3 in the "bucket" shape and A1

The Extreme wasn't recognised first time, but seems to be working fine now.
Okay. I just wanted to be sure it was not an UHS II, as that would very likely be incompatible. There are now Extreme Pro cards out now with the SDXC II (using the UHS II high speed bus protocol) that are likely incompatible with our cameras.

I am digging into this a bit more to see if these cards are backward compatible in devices designed for UHS I. I will report later.

Reactions: Mike Irish
Here’s some more information I’ve found. Should help for those that do 4K video also.

Reactions: Euphered
I've just bought a SanDisk Extreme Pro microSDHC UHS-1 card to replace the supplied card.
But having formatted it in camera, it won't then take any photos, saying that there is no card.
An earlier thread lists this as a usable card in the C23.

Any ideas?
Did you ever find out why the SD card can't be found?

BTW...Can someone tell me exactly what (make, size, etc.) SD chip is/was shipped with a New Typhoon H Plus from Yuneec?

Last edited:
Did you ever find out why the SD card can't be found?

BTW...Can someone tell me exactly what (make, size, etc.) SD chip is/was shipped with a New Typhoon H Plus from Yuneec?
So, yesterday, 4/17/20, I got real interested in this post about memory card because my recently purchased SanDisk 128GB would NOT work after formatting.

I returned the SanDisk back to Amazon and replaced it with a Samsung 128GB chip today and BOOM...it formatted and is storing both photos and vids. Yes...as a newbie, I first panicked but now I'm grinning like a fool. Pleased. And now, I'm going to go play with my new bestie...TH+!

Last edited:
My saga with the Sandisk card didn't end at my last "this one's working" post.
I carried out my first commercial job using the Sandisk, consisting of three flights. All the photos displayed okay in the previews on the controller.
However, when I came to download the images from the card to my computer, there were two just folders - and all the images from the first (and longest) flight were missing.
Fortunately, I was able to return the next day and repeat the flight, having replaced the Sandisk with the original supplied card which worked fine, as usual. I shall never try another Sandisk in my HPlus.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ploomy