Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

No memory card

HC is HIGH CAPICITY
and... XC is EXTENDED CAPACITY. Xc card will give Issues as it is not backwards compatible.
Basically the newer card will not backwards format to anything the c23 can read.
This is the 32GB SDHC

I haven't cleaned the card, but it's straight out of the packet and works in a different camera. But then two other cards work fine in the C23- very confusing.

Brian, You have purchased a new card that will not be recognized by the older technology in the camera. you can fight this all you want. Sorry!
Size of card is not the issue, but more a firmware comparability issue. its like trying to shove the wrong key in a key hole, or a 3.5 floppy into a cd rom and wondering why it will not turn....

Reactions: brianpk
Brian, You have purchased a new card that will not be recognized by the older technology in the camera. you can fight this all you want. Sorry!
Size of card is not the issue, but more a firmware comparability issue. its like trying to shove the wrong key in a key hole, or a 3.5 floppy into a cd rom and wondering why it will not turn....
Oh okay. Another thread on here states it will work which is why I bought it. Can you suggest the fastest card I can get which will be compatible?
Cheers

Oh okay. Another thread on here states it will work which is why I bought it. Can you suggest the fastest card I can get which will be compatible?
Cheers

There have been several firmware changes to the C23 camera and sizes from 4GB to 128GB have been used successfully with it. Most of the firmware changes also included fixes for different SD cards.

The Sandisk brand is usually very reliable, but there have been clones released on the market that look very much like them.

I would try contacting SanDisk customer support and see if they can help. You will likely have to send them good well focused photos both front and back of the card. They should be able to identify if this is a genuine card and possible replacement if it is.

Let’s also keep this discussion respectful people. Any more personal affronts here and action will be forthcoming.

There have been several firmware changes to the C23 camera and sizes from 4GB to 128GB have been used successfully with it. Most of the firmware changes also included fixes for different SD cards.

The Sandisk brand is usually very reliable, but there have been clones released on the market that look very much like them.

I would try contacting SanDisk customer support and see if they can help. You will likely have to send them good well focused photos both front and back of the card. They should be able to identify if this is a genuine card and possible replacement if it is.

Let’s also keep this discussion respectful people. Any more personal affronts here and action will be forthcoming.
Thanks. I've only bought the H Plus in the last month or so, so it's not a case of it being on 3 year old firmware or anything. I did buy the card from a large reputable dealer here in the UK so I wouldn't think there's any other route than contacting SanDisk, as you say.

Thanks all for your suggestions.

Reactions: DoomMeister
I'm not an expert on these, But I did see on a yuneec video that there is different firmware in each - UK vs US have different firmware. But I'm sure I will be corrected if not

That part of the firmware, North America vs EU, has to do with the WiFi bands and power levels for the 5.8GHz WiFi.

Some information on this Breeze 5 GHz WiFi differences

Reactions: Mechanic
I thought it was for all h's and their counterparts, Thanks for clarifying.
The WiFi regulations in the EU are why Mavic Mini owners are on the warpath. The FCC version can use much higher power than the EU version. They are hardwired so firmware can’t change it.

The Yuneec products are the same hardware wise and firmware is used to conform to regulations. I used the article by @airborne because it is simple and straightforward. What applies to WiFi for the Breeze applies to our cameras and any other WiFi devices.

I've been playing again this morning and I think it must be a connector issue.
If I insert the card while the camera is switched on it gets recognised. Switch off and back on again - not recognised.
Strange though that two other cards work fine and this card works fine in other devices.

I think I'll buy another one and see if that works properly.

I've been playing again this morning and I think it must be a connector issue.
If I insert the card while the camera is switched on it gets recognised. Switch off and back on again - not recognised.
Strange though that two other cards work fine and this card works fine in other devices.

I think I'll buy another one and see if that works properly.
If you compare the physical dimensions with the cards that work, as well as the physical location of the contacts, do you find any differences? I think there is a physical device or an electrical contact that detects when the SD card is seated. The new card may be just shy of some tolerance or the card slot on the camera may be at the edge of tolerance.

connection pins may have different spacing... is that what you mean Doom?
There is supposed to be a universal standard on pin outs for each size cards available, however manufacturing processes are not always the same quality as others, thus there will be slight variations in spacing between the pins. Cheaper cards more likely to run into this. This may not be your issue either, But Doom may be onto something here if yours is an intermittent issue. Has that card ever been fully functioning in the cam?

If you compare the physical dimensions with the cards that work, as well as the physical location of the contacts, do you find any differences? I think there is a physical device or an electrical contact that detects when the SD card is seated. The new card may be just shy of some tolerance or the card slot on the camera may be at the edge of tolerance.
I can't see any differences with the naked eye, but there must be something.
I've just ordered a Sandisk Extreme (not Extreme Pro) - hopefully that will work. Thankfully memory is so relatively cheap these days.

connection pins may have different spacing... is that what you mean Doom?
There is supposed to be a universal standard on pin outs for each size cards available, however manufacturing processes are not always the same quality as others, thus there will be slight variations in spacing between the pins. Cheaper cards more likely to run into this. This may not be your issue either, But Doom may be onto something here if yours is an intermittent issue. Has that card ever been fully functioning in the cam?
No, I've used the supplied card to date, with no problems. There must be some tiny discrepancy in the contacts.
I've ordered another card now (an Extreme rather than Extreme Pro) - hopefully that will work.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
simsone