Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

No Motor startup. . .B1 button dead? New thread, Old problem.

Reaction score
So I recently received my TH w/Realsense. Went out for the maiden voyage today (after a full calibration with appropriate approval beeps) and several things presented:

moderate drift to the right and slightly descending at neutral stick positions
Left Yaw caused fairly rapid climb
Right Yaw caused slow decent.
Ailerons/Elevators appeared to work, (although I admit I limited the test due to the yaw issues)
Forward/reverse did drift significantly to the right
Throttle seemed semi normal, but not smooth. Was pretty jerky

I landed and shut down the drone. Checked the stick settings and reset those in the controller, to eliminate spurious settings. Turned drone back on and re-calibrated compass/accelerometer to try and eliminate drift.

Upon completion of calibration I found the motors would not initialize (per the start button) Indicator light blinks three times green outdoors, but no prop start. Indoors (props removes) I get three purple blinks with a second of rest between. Still I get no prop start.

I have tried multiple reboots,re-calibrations and resets on the controller. Tried with modes in angle, smart and even home (since I heard it didn't work anyway), but still no prop start.

EDIT: I was able to find a solution from Gyro108 in the not so distant past.

It would appear I broke the link between B1 and the throttle. After using his pics, I was able to get the H back up in the air again.

I went into the GUI and I can fire all motors in unison or one by one, so it appears they function when they receive a signal. What did I miss or is this a terminal failure mode?

Last edited:
DronePastor, I know that when I received my Typhoon H Pro, the Remote control was not properly calibrated itself, so that at neutral position the sticks would be giving an output other than zero. I did not try to fly it like this, I went ahead into the secret menu and re-calibrated it all, does your drone still drift? In the settings menu do the sliders appear to be anything but zero at neutral position? You might have solved all this already, though.

Cheers!

DronePastor, I know that when I received my Typhoon H Pro, the Remote control was not properly calibrated itself, so that at neutral position the sticks would be giving an output other than zero. I did not try to fly it like this, I went ahead into the secret menu and re-calibrated it all, does your drone still drift? In the settings menu do the sliders appear to be anything but zero at neutral position? You might have solved all this already, though.

Cheers!

As a matter of fact it does drift. not so much at neutral but when flying straight ahead it will drift to the left. makes me have to hold the right stick slightly to the right to fly straight.

This secret menu you refer to, is this the five tap secret menu of is there more?

As a matter of fact it does drift. not so much at neutral but when flying straight ahead it will drift to the left. makes me have to hold the right stick slightly to the right to fly straight.

This secret menu you refer to, is this the five tap secret menu of is there more?

Hmm, that's interesting. Not sure what would cause that other than maybe a motor control issue. I don't know how to help with that one.

The secret menu is the five tap on the about controller in the system settings, yes.

Have you checked out the hardware monitor on the ST16? Look at that before heading to the "secret" menu.

OK, so I was checking these things out when the controller advised me that the Realsense module could not be detected and I should reboot the drone. After several reboots, I still have no realsense module working. It worked fine the last time I flew it, so I don't know what to make of this. . .

Ron, didn't I read somewhere that you removed yours since you didn't use it much (or some reason I cannot recall)? How difficult is this to do or is it not an option since it shipped to me with it installed? I would like to fly but if this is keeping me grounded, I will live without it.

Any ideas from the rest of the crowd? Captain Drone?

I have 2 Typhoon H. One with RealSense and one without.

Do you have a RealSense module? Have you enabled it in the ST16?

The RealSense module adds sensors below the normal front facing Sonar and it adds 2 downward facing Sonars at the back of the H.

It looks like this:
View media item 728
Have you created another "model" of the the H in the ST16?

Well, it seems that tearing down and reinstalling the realsense module has fixed that bit.

five taps on the described button has revealed nothing. Correct me if I'm wrong;
From the home screen tap and enter "System Settings"
Once inside I am supposed to tap the "About Controller" button five times and it should bring up another menu?

All I get is the firmware update page after the first tap. . .What am I missing?

I have 2 Typhoon H. One with RealSense and one without.

Do you have a RealSense module? Have you enabled it in the ST16?

The RealSense module adds sensors below the normal front facing Sonar and it adds 2 downward facing Sonars at the back of the H.

It looks like this:
View media item 728
Have you created another "model" of the the H in the ST16?

Yes. I had it installed and working when I bought it and for some odd reason it just quit.

Seems to have fixed itself with the resetting of all the plugs and the subsequent reboots

Still cannot find this pesky "secret" menu I keep hearing about. I am beginning to think I am being played. . .

Yep. Everything seems to be fine there. No outputs when there shouldn't be and when it would be expected the output appears to be what I expect. It is mighty touchy, but seems to be an accurate signal

The key in getting the secret menu is tapping quickly... do those taps in about 2 seconds.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis