Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

No Silky Smooth Here

Reaction score
Unless I am in avoidance and turtle mode mine is has touchy as before. And I seem to have picked up a drift to the left as well, no wind today, air is cold and damp like yesterday. went up to 100 feet and it stayed fairly stable but not sure what to think. wish I understood the telemetry file. At my normal levels 30- 40 feet it drift's

Interesting I've noticed some drifting at lower heights as well.. Two batteries in, did all the calibrations, flew at my "Area 51" test site and noticed a few things as well. BTW, my previous firmware was the one that was up for awhile then removed.

1) As you mention mine now seems to drift around little when its about 8-10 feet high. I'm in angle mode and when I first launch my H I do a couple quick checks. I bring it up to about 10 feet and let it hover. I then rotate right, rotate left, fly left, fly right, fly forward, fly backwards and let it hover... What I notice it will now drift around, maybe within a 12" area and altitude change of about a foot as well. Its not like its moving around the whole time, but you'll see it move a bit, stop, move a bit... At higher altitudes, say 20+ feet and above it seems stable.

2) Mine has lost the random twitching when going fast and coming to a quick stop. However, it now twitches when in "Follow Me" mode. It moves with me, but when I stop moving and it stops moving it twitches. I have to look at the video to see if its that noticeable

3) It may be my imagination, but it seems even in rabbit mode, its moving slower. Like its top speed in the rabbit setting has been reduced a bit. I'll check it next time. Not a big deal at all, just seem to notice.

While I like that I can no set the RTH height. That slider is so small its supper sensitive.. I'd like to see it either enlarged or be able to use the "D" pads to adjust it...

Some positive things I've noticed;

1) Mine no longer flashes orange when raising or lowering the landing gear
2) RTH landing seems less abrupt/jarring

Overall, I'm pleased with it. Just some thing I noticed...

Reactions: Brian Mackey
I hear ya Captain. I do notice prop-wash for sure when its a couple feet off the deck, but the altitude I was testing it with the new firmware is at the same altitude I always perform my "early flight" check-out and it was behaving different than before the upgrade... Prior to the upgrade, at this altitude it was extremely stable with very little movement. Again, its nothing that I feel is serious, just behaving different for me...

The Typhoon H will drift at low heights due to prop wash and lack of an IPS module. This is 100% normal.

Reactions: Rayray
I hear ya Captain. I do notice prop-wash for sure when its a couple feet off the deck, but the altitude I was testing it with the new firmware is at the same altitude I always perform my "early flight" check-out and it was behaving different than before the upgrade... Prior to the upgrade, at this altitude it was extremely stable with very little movement. Again, its nothing that I feel is serious, just behaving different for me...

Did you re-calibrate everything?

Yes. Guess I could have been more clear in my first response. By "all" I meant the CC, IMU, and camera/gimbal...

Part of my "early flight" (I would call it pre-flight but its already in the air) routine is to let it hover and see how its doing and perform some basic movements to ensure everything is responding as it should. Holding position is one of them. If it checks out, I'll then fly where I need to or do what I had intended for the flight.

Its part of my checklist I've been doing since I started flying my Blade QX350 and perform the same check on my "H", P4, and Inspire...

Did you re-calibrate everything?

Mine also seems no different in then before as far as flight. No silky, fine if moving but stop then go no diff.
Now if i can just get my gps to disable but thats in another thread.

I just got back from running 4 batteries through and got about 60 mins of flight with the new firmware update. All the new functions work fine, cruise, WB adjust, etc. and I really saw no real difference in flying characteristics them before the update. The wind was blowing here at 8mph and gusting to 15mph but the H held its own and did really well in staying still when I wanted it to. I am coming from large quadcopters background (home built quads w KK2 boards and purchased GPS quads) they would have been kites and blown all over the place with these winds and I would not have enjoyed flying them. I am so impressed with the H's ability to fight the wind and stay in place, we got it good with this machine. I am proud and extremely happy with my H! I really could not ask for anything else, well maybe I could.... A camera with a little better quality, but I am sure that is on the Yuneec horizon. But for right now it is fine and I can manage using the dng files and tweking in Lightroom until that day.

Updated my TH PRO last night flew 4 battery packs this morning everything works perfect, I am very happy with the TH PRO and the latest upgrade. The upgrade is a BIG welcome but not really a must have upgrade. I will wait to see what more YUNEEC will bring to the TH in the near future, perhaps follow DJI UI........But non the less I am very satisfied with the YUNEEC TH PRO .........TWO THUMBS UP

I have not flown my P4/ Inspire since I got the TH PRO ............As far the camera issues.....what issues? the camera works just fine for what it is.

Last edited:
Updated my TH PRO last night flew 4 battery packs this morning everything works perfect, I am very happy with the TH PRO and the latest upgrade. The upgrade is a BIG welcome but not really a must have upgrade. I will wait to see what more YUNEEC will bring to the TH in the near future, perhaps follow DJI UI........But non the less I am very satisfied with the YUNEEC TH PRO .........TWO THUMBS UP

I have not flown my P4/ Inspire since I got the TH PRO ............As far the camera issues.....what issues? is I have to say the camera works just fine for what it is.
I am fully and 100% with you Skyrider. The camera is fine for my needs and most of the general public, but if you pixel peep it can get a little pixelated. I shot for years w the GoPro Hero 4 Black edition and I put ithe H's camera right there with it a quality wise on the photos and vids. The more I work w the H's camera and video settings I am getting better qualify shots than the Hero 4 Black was getting. Just like anything the more you work w them the better you become and a better shots I can produce. Would I love a big full frame Sony sensor Oh yea! But for $1200 it is quite a machine and I really enjoy flying it. It is by far the best bang for the buck out there and the best UAV system I have flown. It does what I ask of it without any issues at all. I am way beyond pleased. Clear Sky's to you Skyviee ....PPS

Reactions: Brent
Stability in hover is primarily accomplished by the IMU (accelerometers/gyro). Generally, if you see some drifting or "hunting" during hover it means the IMU needs a calibration. These are the steps to get a good calibration.

1 Set a small piece of plywood on a level surface. Use a carpenter's level to make sure it's perfect. The kitchen table works just as well if it's level.
2 After the ST16 is booted, turn on the H and don't touch it until it is fully booted.
3 Do the calibration.
4 Shut off the H and restart again being careful not to move it during boot.

Most of the problems I've seen with this calibration relate to booting on an non-level surface or moving the H during boot. If you still think it's not right then hook it up to the GUI and do the calibration and watch the 3 axis settings to see if they are close to zero after the calibration. If not, then your H may have a faulty IMU.

Stability in hover is primarily accomplished by the IMU (accelerometers/gyro). Generally, if you see some drifting or "hunting" during hover it means the IMU needs a calibration. These are the steps to get a good calibration.

1 Set a small piece of plywood on a level surface. Use a carpenter's level to make sure it's perfect. The kitchen table works just as well if it's level.
2 After the ST16 is booted, turn on the H and don't touch it until it is fully booted.
3 Do the calibration.
4 Shut off the H and restart again being careful not to move it during boot.

Most of the problems I've seen with this calibration relate to booting on an non-level surface or moving the H during boot. If you still think it's not right then hook it up to the GUI and do the calibration and watch the 3 axis settings to see if they are close to zero after the calibration. If not, then your H may have a faulty IMU.

Thank you, Ill try that tomorrow

I gave it a quick run and they were 3 0 1 but I have to do it on something confirmed level like downstairs kitchen counter so will try again tomorrow

So, IMU calibration is not affected by things like home Wifi, large metal objects like the fridge (if calibrating on the kitchen counter) or the same things that can affect Compass Calibration?

So, IMU calibration is not affected by things like home Wifi, large metal objects like the fridge (if calibrating on the kitchen counter) or the same things that can affect Compass Calibration?

I hope not cause to check it with the gui my laptop is right up against it

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval