Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Now I understand the "Fly Away"

A little update. Still waiting for CarolinaDronz to ship my new H. They must have had a busy Christmas. Just got off the phone with Yuneec to obtain the RMA number. It appears I won't be paying for shipping after all. They provided a shipping label. Very generous of them.

In speaking with the CS rep she mentioned things are a bit hectic there now that Christmas is past. A lot of resources are being consumed dealing with new, inexperienced H owners. No surprises there.

Robbi,

There's an effort underway to get linked up with some members of their CONUS R&D team. I'll let you know how that goes in a PM when more becomes available.

I was just at Yuneec yesterday and I can vouch for how busy they were. It was non-stop people coming in for service and repairs...though not all for the H. It seemed like primarily it was for the Q4K.

They have some real good people working there. Each may not know everything but each sure seems to go the distance to get you handled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They asked me if i'd ever seem a cat skeleton in a tree. I said no. They said" there ya go"

Sent from my LG-K373 using Tapatalk

Around my house you can find rattlesnake skeletons in the trees. Everyone knows rattlesnakes don't climb trees.... but inevitably, that's where my wife throws them when she kills one.

Good to hear from you again Burnt but as long as DJI retains control of the equipment it won't happen with my dollars. While they have Geo DJI is dead to me. I buy tools that I exercise control over, not nanny's managed by an outside agency.
Pat. In all honesty,I have never had the DJI Geo affect me whatsoever. Never turned it on.

Burnt,

With all due, DJI still owes me $1200.00 for a defective controller. That's just the cost of the controller, and yes that debt is over two years old. That doesn't include the value for the time spent with numerous e-mails to the dealer that eventually said it's DJI's problem, time in waiting for DJI to pick up the phone for several calls to their service center where the reps eventually finally stated they knew almost nothing about the A2 (it was a recent release at the time), the endless e-mails direct to DJI attempting to communicate with people that never offered assistance, only proposing one or more questions in unintelligible English with each new reply, review of a warranty policy that clearly stated the buyer was going to pay, it was just a question of how much, and the multi-month set back in the completion of a commercial project that had a drop dead time line. That alone left me out of pocket $7kon top of the cost of the A2 and deplorable customer service experience. The only reason I joined RCG back then was to get help with the issue, but such was not to be had.

So anyone that believes I should be gracious, accept the loss as simply regrettable, and pay them to have the opportunity to shove it and break it off again has a screw loose. They owe me and by God they'll fess up before there's ever a chance of seeing my money again. Geo is just more icing on the screw the customer cake. I bought my wife a Chrysler mini van in 2007. It was a PITA from almost day one and became even more so after Chrysler closed all their dealerships. I won't buy another of their products either. It's all about the customer. Any company can make something to sell to customers. If the product works right, great. If the product has an issue, especially known issues, and the company takes care of it, again great. But if the company fails or refuses to take care of it they are making a clear statement they don't care about the customer, only themselves. When dealing with companies like that there's no reason for customers to fund the company.

Pat I agree, after the treatment I got from DJI CS regarding my P3P I couldn't bring myself to purchase a Mavic. Not that I couldn't afford a Mavic or P4P it was just the bad taste I got dealing with DJI. I was coheresd to leave positive feedback by DJI CS after they shafted me.

My experience with Yuneec (and 3DR) was the opposite they went out of their way and outside warranty to take care of me.

At the end of the day I thought about it and my H returns more usable footage than my P4 antway so no big loss. Don't get me wrong I feel DJI has top of the line products but I'll look elsewhere for the time being. The new H or prototype Autel with 360 gimbal, retracts and 1" sensor have promise.

As I remember Burnt got burnt by DJI after paying full pop for 2 P4's to then see DJI drop the price right after, caveat emptor.

How good are you at climbing trees? 46' up is a bit of a stretch for a 64 year old guy. It's nested itself pretty well.

I bet a tree trimmer type of fellow would retrieve it for you for 100 bux or so.ething close. You could you at least salvage it perhaps

I don't know that a grapple would treat a plastic drone very well;)

Burnt,

With all due, DJI still owes me $1200.00 for a defective controller. That's just the cost of the controller, and yes that debt is over two years old. That doesn't include the value for the time spent with numerous e-mails to the dealer that eventually said it's DJI's problem, time in waiting for DJI to pick up the phone for several calls to their service center where the reps eventually finally stated they knew almost nothing about the A2 (it was a recent release at the time), the endless e-mails direct to DJI attempting to communicate with people that never offered assistance, only proposing one or more questions in unintelligible English with each new reply, review of a warranty policy that clearly stated the buyer was going to pay, it was just a question of how much, and the multi-month set back in the completion of a commercial project that had a drop dead time line. That alone left me out of pocket $7kon top of the cost of the A2 and deplorable customer service experience. The only reason I joined RCG back then was to get help with the issue, but such was not to be had.

So anyone that believes I should be gracious, accept the loss as simply regrettable, and pay them to have the opportunity to shove it and break it off again has a screw loose. They owe me and by God they'll fess up before there's ever a chance of seeing my money again. Geo is just more icing on the screw the customer cake. I bought my wife a Chrysler mini van in 2007. It was a PITA from almost day one and became even more so after Chrysler closed all their dealerships. I won't buy another of their products either. It's all about the customer. Any company can make something to sell to customers. If the product works right, great. If the product has an issue, especially known issues, and the company takes care of it, again great. But if the company fails or refuses to take care of it they are making a clear statement they don't care about the customer, only themselves. When dealing with companies like that there's no reason for customers to fund the company.

Uh ohhhhh........I just bought an inspire 2 with X5S..........Hope I have good luck and not end up shafted. My H's will always be there for most jobs and I love them.

One thing a lot may not understand is that most of the better products out there do quite well. The percentage of "problem children" for the number of units sold isn't really all that high for what they are. None of what we are provided is super high end in product quality. It's adequate for the intended purpose, which is a budget level automated aircraft and cheap camera intended for the untrained masses. People like to think they are obtaining certified level equipment but they are far, far from it, They also like to think they are paying a high prices for what the are provided. Again, that is simply not the case. They are paying a price the manufacturers believe they can afford. If the makers thought they could afford more they would price them higher and make them even cheaper if such were possible.

Problem threads are usually started by people that are unhappy with something. Some are started in order to provide others information they might reference to avoid having a similar problem but such threads are not as common as the unhappy, why did this happen to me threads. Unhappy people are far more prone to vocalizing something. The happy people are having too much fun flying to bother with making forum posts. Unless they need something there's no reason for them to spend much time in forums, unless they are the type of person that likes to teach or share useful information. So posts about problems are more representative of the minority, not the majority.

Bottom line is the odds of you having an aircraft that works as it should are very good. Just read and follow the instructions and where something is not described well enough to make sense visit a location where others have already explored that topic and provided greater clarity. The vast majority of product issues are induced by people that either failed to read the directions or to follow them. Even if directions are incomplete they contain information that should be read and followed. Far too many don't. Enjoy that Inspire!

Reactions: Steve Carr

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval