Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Now this is a productive device.. STEADY DRIVE

@arruntus
In some areas the dirt is very loose, and also depending what is being done in the trenches they will temporary assemble a steel wall to protect the workers.
Crane raising prefab slab walls.
YUN00027.mp4_000084150.jpg

Last edited:
@arruntus
In some areas the dirt is very loose, and also depending what is being done in the trenches they will temporary assemble a steel wall to protect the workers.
Crane raising prefab slab walls.
View attachment 16567

aaaaaaa so it's just a shoring section. Here we use another type, but in the end it's the same. Thx AH-1G :)

P.D.: Nice picture

Reactions: AH-1G
I found a video of how to use them, but just the example I found in exaggerated. It's in Ecuador. Here they don't even let us do it from afar, in spite of the shoring, the situation of the two workers in the ditch is very dangerous, you unintentionally hit them with the ladle, you move the shoring and you bury two people. Unthinkable, I would refuse to do it that way. Then there are accidents............ :mad:

@arruntus
This worksite is a marshland, and turned into a landfill, years ago as far as I can remember, before this build. In some areas the soil is not as rigid. The walls are to protect men working in the trenches.
I only see this being done in locations sites close to the bay or water. Could that be the reason why?

@arruntus
This worksite is a marshland, and turned into a landfill, years ago as far as I can remember, before this build. In some areas the soil is not as rigid. The walls are to protect men working in the trenches.
I only see this being done in locations sites close to the bay or water. Could that be the reason why?

No doubt, I don't know why it got into my head that it was a complement to the excavator and not a shoring. Normally, in sandy or soft soils, or with a lot of water, the shoring was simply for safety reasons.

That security, which may seem silly, has already claimed many lives. For this reason, I, who have taken several courses on occupational risk prevention, set maximum trench heights according to the type of shoring. Without shoring no more than 1.5m deep. It is incredible the force that the earth can do, I have touched myself on one occasion to dig very carefully to take out a companion in a ditch that did not reach 1.5m and had rammed him in such a way that he could not breathe.

Then I see things like the video I put on the other thread and my blood is boiling. There are two people with 2 metres without shoring, in a ditch of more than 4 metres, the material for emptying the edges (which puts pressure on the walls) has not been moved far enough, slopes should have been made from the surface for at least the first two metres and the shoring should have been inserted in the last 2 metres to effectively protect the workers. These measures can vary according to the consistency of the materials, but in this case, which 99% of the time nothing happens, if it happens, we are talking about 2 dead people. Even with the excavator in that position you don't have time to excavate, and take them out alive. A person without air, with pressure in the rib cage, can last between 2 and 4 minutes, from there brain damage and death ?

P.D.: Sorry about the offtopic

Congratulations! If you're like me, and I know I am, you'll love it! Yes it is SO MUCH more than cruise control ever tried to be. Once you start using it, its potential will start to unveil itself. The more you use it, the more potential you realize it has. Your imagination will become its only limitation.

I have become so comfortable with it, it's my default means of control and I leave it on all the time. The only reason I take it off is when I fly a CCC mission and want to use the joystick for gimbal control.

Reactions: thetrecker
ordered looking forward to getting this I like the cruise control but this looks to be the best option all round
You will enjoy this if you liked the cruise control feature. The lag you used to see in the yaw while using cruise will be gone and video from the flight will be smooth as silk.

I can say that the flight becomes fabulous by releasing the thumb of the throttle.
Having made a dozen flights the previous weeks with the sample of RPR (GaG). o_O
I did not have anything else on hand being on vacation. I took what I had on hand.
Even with this, we quickly understood the system and the ease and the softness of flight that it provides, to coordinate flight and slide and better focus on the action of the camera.
This made me do a great slide-rotation over a herd of horses during the last flight.
In short, adopted system. only one regret, only to discover it now.
Do not begrudge me, so I returned four plates.
One to 25%, 50%, 75% and 100% of the action of the handle.
As in addition, we can modulate the speed using the Control Rate Slider (K3), it's perfect.
Next week, I'll set the speed range, mini, middle and max of each plate.
As some flights deserve different speeds, it may be better for me.

With the Steady Drive you're able to stop.
Speed control is a given also with K3.
I like to see people using the above in panic mode?

Reactions: thetrecker
I can say that the flight becomes fabulous by releasing the thumb of the throttle.
Having made a dozen flights the previous weeks with the sample of RPR (GaG). o_O
View attachment 16853
I did not have anything else on hand being on vacation. I took what I had on hand.
Even with this, we quickly understood the system and the ease and the softness of flight that it provides, to coordinate flight and slide and better focus on the action of the camera.
This made me do a great slide-rotation over a herd of horses during the last flight.
View attachment 16854
In short, adopted system. only one regret, only to discover it now.
Do not begrudge me, so I returned four plates.
One to 25%, 50%, 75% and 100% of the action of the handle.
As in addition, we can modulate the speed using the Control Rate Slider (K3), it's perfect.
View attachment 16855
View attachment 16856
Next week, I'll set the speed range, mini, middle and max of each plate.
As some flights deserve different speeds, it may be better for me.

[emoji23] Know you are getting it.... Do not ever knock it unless you try it.

I did it because I wanted to keep the sleeves in place and not only have the rod.
On the same flight, I can fly manually and automatically.
A small swipe makes the plate jump and the stick returns to neutral.

RPR think he was the one who had it with ice cream sticks? I think it's very good.

The important thing is that it is a useful tool :)

P.D.: More than humor, it's admiration. I don't know if I would have a head, for so much invention. And less now, that this week I've returned to work and I don't even count the amount of jealousy I've found. I haven't caught up yet o_O

RPR think he was the one who had it with ice cream sticks? I think it's very good.

The important thing is that it is a useful tool :)

P.D.: More than humor, it's admiration. I don't know if I would have a head, for so much invention. And less now, that this week I've returned to work and I don't even count the amount of jealousy I've found. I haven't caught up yet o_O

Mine is actually made from plastic forks.. [emoji23]

• Haha
Reactions: arruntus
Speaking of plastic. And way off the subject. As I'm here reading these posts, my neighbor is walking his dog and carrying plastic bags with him.
Here, if your dog poops you have to pick it up and dispose of it. Not allowed to leave the mess on the lawn.
Now why do dog owners watch dogs poop????? I'm mean, where's the privacy?

Speaking of plastic. And way off the subject. As I'm here reading these posts, my neighbor is walking his dog and carrying plastic bags with him.
Here, if your dog poops you have to pick it up and dispose of it. Not allowed to leave the mess on the lawn.

xDDDDDDDDddddddd I hope is not contagious ????

• Haha
Still off subject! It depends on the size of the dog. When we still had our Toy Poodle if you didn’t watch you would never find it. Squirrels left bigger ones!!!

Last edited:
  • Haha
It depends on the size of the dog.
My nephew has an old bull dog. Mainly just a huge, deaf, blind sack of slobbering love. Except when he poops. Yeah, you can find it. I'm not certain, but I believe he has to notify the local airport so they can route air traffic around it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval