Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Now this is a productive device.. STEADY DRIVE

I’m keeping tabs, y’all [emoji23]
I got my worksite and calendar mixed up due to the YuneecPilots Forum. [emoji23] I should be back on track this weekend.

It’s always about the tools that serve our individual endeavors the best. As we do many different things our tool sets differ accordingly to make our work happen the way we want it to.

Arruntus, perhaps it time for you to place your order so you can tell me how well it works:)

• Haha
Reactions: AH-1G
Arruntus, perhaps it time for you to place your order so you can tell me how well it works:)

I'm mounting a new hexacopter, an 800, and if I tell you what I've paid for all the new parts and sensors, you're scared. For now it is impossible for me, later can be, first I want to see the videos of colleagues, I would have no problem if I consider that to me, is going to contribute something, taking everything into account, why not? :)

For now what do you think if we ask the rest of our comrades to enlighten us? ?

Reactions: biltno
Let's go back the wonder years of survey, and mapping, even in cinematography. What do RC joysticks have? The first drone, without the apps, and how the veterans in the then tackle the problem of achieving the dolly cam?

If you have flown the first DJI Phantom or i1 before the intelligent mode tap fly, course lock to achieve a dolly cam effect, you would know what I am taking about. The first version of course lock, tap fly, and Litchi App, operators will tell you the horror stories of the past that is why someone vets use the plastic fork method to lock one’s course, when achieving a smooth dolly effect or survey operators use a DYI tool to achieve a manual heading hold. Fast forward to present. Construction operators relies on manual flight, except for mapping, and progressive time lapse.

IMG_1284.jpg

My method above in locking the pitch is not new, this is a learned method passed down to the operators of the past. And we can agree that this is a manual tap fly, course lock, or cruise control, and now this method has been brought back, refined into a quality device by an operator, with credibility.

I support this, because it’s GENIUS! The only physical add-on to the Yuneec vehicle that I disagreed, with is the Bird “Cage” that was hyped for inspection use.. Where are they now? And where are the operators, who claimed that they are inspectors?

Circling around: The problem, with apps is that you are in the mercy of an app beyond your control. Let’s take Litchi for example “gimbal not centered” error or “compass recalibration” error when entering an intelligent mode is alarming. As a DJI flyer, every error, you have to exit the mode, land and reset, which will prompt you to do a compass calibrate and when in doubt do an IMU calibration on the field. Yuneec flight mode. Got get me started... That is why field operators old and new has relied on an old and proven method. Manual stick inputs.

Safety: The SD t is not being used on a vehicle being flown at 80mph i2, 70mph i1, 45mph P4P, 44mph M2P. My Typhoon H Plus clocked at 30mph, I don’t know about the H520. But we are not maxing out speed, when we are doing asset management, and survey, also when flying a survey or asset management missions, we fly to a crawl. Manual flight will test an operator’s patience as well as accuracy. As a drone operator, claiming of putting food on the table, subjected to using an app, an operator who cannot complete a manual flight and lacks the “tool” to help her or him in aiding the fundamentals of flight. Man, in my book that’s someone, who’s going through an “illusion of grandeur” because it is not easy flying in the trenches.

I’m going to back track and include this to my first statement. Flying on an App in high winds, and the sUAS switches to ATTI or none GPS. If you are not competent with your flying skills to notice small or drastic changes of your vehicle “asta la bye bye”

Why do I fully support the SD as an aiding device that can help us operators in the field? Because we have been there, done that, some of us don’t have the luxury of spending time in one site, flying one contract, and wear a badge of an honorary weekend drone operator. Some of us are Ninjas.

Last edited:
And using the SD makes you look more professional than a plastic end piece from a (fork, spoon) that you just ate from.;)

• Haha
Reactions: BigAl07
And using the SD makes you look more professional than a plastic end piece from a (fork, spoon) that you just ate from.;)

They consider me as a young cat, but been in this game for years, who hustles like an animal.

Reactions: Ty Pilot
I haven’t been able to get that video to play on my phone yet. Prolly work if I used a laptop and went direct to the video site.

Edit:

Seems the video isn’t recognized when using Tapatalk but runs fine through the YuneecPilots app.

Last edited:
Reactions: BigAl07
L'ho comprato. Spero che arrivi presto. Io sono abbastanza esperto nel pilotaggio di droni e yuneec in particolare, ma penso che "melius est abundare quam deficere". Prima di giudicare l'oggetto lo proverò. Sono convinto che in alcune situazioni (riprese in stile film lento e fluido) possa essere di notevole aiuto.

Google Translate:
I bought it. I hope it arrives soon. I'm quite experienced in drone and yuneec piloting in particular, but I think "melius est abundare quam deficere". I'll try it before judging the object. I am convinced that in some situations (slow and fluid film style shooting) it can be of considerable help.

The Latin in quotes is : How rich is better to fail.

Last edited by a moderator:
L'ho comprato. Spero che arrivi presto. Io sono abbastanza esperto nel pilotaggio di droni e yuneec in particolare, ma penso che "melius est abundare quam deficere". Prima di giudicare l'oggetto lo proverò. Sono convinto che in alcune situazioni (riprese in stile film lento e fluido) possa essere di notevole aiuto.
can you translate to english?

Luigi is one of the first Italian Plus owners getting a Steady Drive. Luigi, it went out Wednesday and takes six to ten business days.

I bought it. I hope it arrives soon. I'm quite experienced in drone and yuneec piloting in particular, but I think "melius est abundare quam deficere". I'll try it before judging the object. I am convinced that in some situations (slow and fluid film style shooting) it can be of considerable help

@AH-1G

Use Google Translate and select the option to detect language, paste in the copied text and convert to English.

Easy-peasy ?

Reactions: AH-1G
@AH-1G

Use Google Translate and select the option to detect language, paste in the copied text and convert to English.

Easy-peasy ?

Oh yeah? Try plugging in any typical Trump tweet, and see what it translates as... and better yet, what language does it end up auto-detecting? :eek:

This is my public post.

The "Steady Device" is made for the Yuneec ST16 and ST16s controller that allows the operator a hands free pitch or roll movement by locking the directional input of the right stick, while controlling the gimbal, allowing the operator to compose shots or focus on any subject. You can even yaw as the drone is moving. The ultimate solution for the Yuneec Typhoon H Plus.

My thoughts here.

I gave is it a rating of 6 for construction work. But for creating a creative portfolio in real estate, or cinematography, I give the SD a rating of 10, a must device to have.

@RPR It has nothing to do with the subject, but it is with respect to that "complement" made of steel plates for the excavator that I suppose it is for shoring the trenches. I've worked as an excavator driver for a few years and I've never seen him before. And I'm perplexed, this hanging on chains and I do not understand very well, if it was fixed to the arm, you could do strength, is just to profile the walls? I imagine that because there are many sandy areas?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval