Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

October 28th Firmware update - H and ST16

After updating with the Oct 28th firmware how is it doing?

• It seems to fly same.

Votes: 44 51.8%
  • It flies better than before.

Votes: 16 18.8%
  • I have a new issue with the way the H flies.

Votes: 13 15.3%
  • I like the new features and plan to use them.

Votes: 59 69.4%
  • I don't plan to use the new features.

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • I deleted the flight data as recommended in the video.

Votes: 67 78.8%
  • I seem to get better pics/video with this firmware.

Votes: 13 15.3%
  • I see no difference with the camera pics/video.

Votes: 22 25.9%
  • I have a new problem with the camera or gimbal. Gimbal tilts to the side or is not level.

Votes: 11 12.9%
  • I have drifting issues.

Votes: 3 3.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is my memory going or was the Google PlayStore App on the ST16 in the previous updates???? If not, it's there now.

I just got a Typhoon-H and my ST16 does NOT have the Play Store app installed. I haven't done any firmware updates so I don't know if that changes things. I thought it was odd that there was no Play Store. There is only Gallery and Settings on my home page and in my loaded apps I have Browser, Calculator, Calendar, Clock, Downloads, Email, File Manager, FlightMode, Gallery, Google Settings, Maps, Movie Studio, Music, Settings, and Sound Recorder.
I thought it was odd that there was no Play Store as I could use a few different apps not available. Google Services isn't loaded either, which is weird because Google Maps is installed and GM relies on Services to run properly.
I'll be updating today and hopefully this will be changed.

Finally I did a several test flights after installing this V3 firmware. First flight all is good. Second flight was yesterday at night trying to catch supermoon, just up and down, nothing special in maneuvering, all fine.

Unfortunately today's first flight was bad and brought old problems with drifting and doing circles, and when hovering started to spin in place, very slowly, while I am not touching any controls. From one hover, it start circles more and more so I tried to stop so when I took control it twitched hard. Fourth flight with second battery, 5 minutes after previous, all is fine like nothing happend previously. This is what the problem is, not realiable.

And one thing just to report is that fan inside copter is sometimes buzzing, I hope it will not die already. I remember it was started buzzing after like 5 flights, now seems more often.

Finally I did a several test flights after installing this V3 firmware. First flight all is good. Second flight was yesterday at night trying to catch supermoon, just up and down, nothing special in maneuvering, all fine.

Unfortunately today's first flight was bad and brought old problems with drifting and doing circles, and when hovering started to spin in place, very slowly, while I am not touching any controls. From one hover, it start circles more and more so I tried to stop so when I took control it twitched hard. Fourth flight with second battery, 5 minutes after previous, all is fine like nothing happend previously. This is what the problem is, not realiable.

And one thing just to report is that fan inside copter is sometimes buzzing, I hope it will not die already. I remember it was started buzzing after like 5 flights, now seems more often.

Fan inside copter? There are two fans inside the ST16 but I've never seen any inside the Typhoon H.

Had the same issue yesterdy. The Tyhphoon was about to complete 2 layer panorama shoot, when the copter suddently became unstable and started a toilet bowl. I was able to get back control and land the drone (of cause my panorama was destroyed). I've noticed that at this time I only had 8/9 satellites on the ST16 and 12 on the Typhoon. I changed slightly my location and had again 17/18 satellites connected to the Typhoon and 15 to the ST16 and the bird flew again super-stable.

Have you checked how many satellites you had when your Typhoon started to behave crazy?

Cheers

Beat

Fan inside copter? There are two fans inside the ST16 but I've never seen any inside the Typhoon H.
It is under the copter, just behind gimbal and near to the IPS I belive, on that module. I have PRO with RealSense model. So when you stop motors you hear it no matter it is buzzing or not, you hear sound of it.

Had the same issue yesterdy. The Tyhphoon was about to complete 2 layer panorama shoot, when the copter suddently became unstable and started a toilet bowl. I was able to get back control and land the drone (of cause my panorama was destroyed). I've noticed that at this time I only had 8/9 satellites on the ST16 and 12 on the Typhoon. I changed slightly my location and had again 17/18 satellites connected to the Typhoon and 15 to the ST16 and the bird flew again super-stable.

Have you checked how many satellites you had when your Typhoon started to behave crazy?
Just checked telemetry and today's first flight where those problems arrised......always 18-20 satellites ! And no error_flags at all !
Second flight where everything was lookig fine, telemetry logged bunch of motor_status -1 . I never had motor status -1 and I don't know what that means actually

It is under the copter, just behind gimbal and near to the IPS I belive, on that module. I have PRO with RealSense model. So when you stop motors you hear it no matter it is buzzing or not, you hear sound of it.
OK, I don't have the IPS/Realsense. I was unaware there was a fan.

i don't know if my problem is firmware or not...but i'm seeing a few other members with the same drifting and TBE problem.....I sent everything in to Yuneec and they swapped me out a new ST16....Mine was rattling and buzzing and for some reason if i moved the right slider the craft drifted to the right....New ST16 is great...no rattling...very quiet in fact....However i am getting sporadic TBE....If i move the stick forward or backward it goes into TBE....did all the calibrations...different locations...NOTHING works....Yesterday it was so bad that i had a really hard time landing it....I don't feel confident flying it anymore and i will NOT send it in again....ITs been back to yuneec a few times already.....

I just got a Typhoon-H and my ST16 does NOT have the Play Store app installed. I haven't done any firmware updates so I don't know if that changes things. I thought it was odd that there was no Play Store. There is only Gallery and Settings on my home page and in my loaded apps I have Browser, Calculator, Calendar, Clock, Downloads, Email, File Manager, FlightMode, Gallery, Google Settings, Maps, Movie Studio, Music, Settings, and Sound Recorder.
I thought it was odd that there was no Play Store as I could use a few different apps not available. Google Services isn't loaded either, which is weird because Google Maps is installed and GM relies on Services to run properly.
I'll be updating today and hopefully this will be changed.

Just checked because I knew it wasn't there previously and low and behold the The Google Play store App "is" now on the ST16. It must have been included on the last V3 update and I never noticed it. There was a discussion on here in the past on how to add it with pro's and con's. hmmm, getting my ST16 charged up so I can update this new firmware from today.

Btw, there's a new software available.

Downloads - Yuneec

Controller Firmware
Firmware ST16 Controller STDv03.01.b27

Drone Firmware
Firmware Typhoon H STD V3.01 Gimbal:v1.25, Autopilot:v1.30, Camera:v3.2.26

Ok, so I have a question... as I mentioned in my previous post, in my case I was able to get the
ST16 updated with the Oct 28th update, but the camera got bricked attempting to update and was
sent back to Yuneec. Replacement camera arrives Thursday. They would not guarantee that the
replacement would show the October 28th firmware version, so I may still have to complete that
on arrival.

When that new camera arrives, do I try to complete the previous Oct 28th update on the camera,
and try some flights to confirm that everything looks good? Then subsequently do this latest update?
Or update the camera and ST16 with this new firmware? Can you skip a couple, or do you have to
do all updates in order?

If I can get the previous update completed, me thinks I'm going to be of the mindset of "If it ain't fixed,
don't broke it..."

I'm not implying that I think I will not update again, but I am a new owner with only a few days that
I've been able to start to learn the current features, much less new ones. I'd like to take CaptainDrone's
advice, "and get out there and fly"

Last edited:
A new set of updates was released by Yuneec today, 11-16-16, as most of you know. Be patient and wait for a new Sticky thread to post your results for this latest update. Please do not start new threads about todays' updates. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop