Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

October 28th Firmware update - H and ST16

After updating with the Oct 28th firmware how is it doing?

• It seems to fly same.

Votes: 44 51.8%
  • It flies better than before.

Votes: 16 18.8%
  • I have a new issue with the way the H flies.

Votes: 13 15.3%
  • I like the new features and plan to use them.

Votes: 59 69.4%
  • I don't plan to use the new features.

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • I deleted the flight data as recommended in the video.

Votes: 67 78.8%
  • I seem to get better pics/video with this firmware.

Votes: 13 15.3%
  • I see no difference with the camera pics/video.

Votes: 22 25.9%
  • I have a new problem with the camera or gimbal. Gimbal tilts to the side or is not level.

Votes: 11 12.9%
  • I have drifting issues.

Votes: 3 3.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally got to test fly the H after updating a couple days ago.. had trouble updating the H with the OTA so did it with SD card .. cleared data in flight mode folder .. calibrated the compass .. passed, went inside on a level table and calibrated the accelerometer .. passed .. then the gimbal, at end of gimbal calibration it was a bit off center to the left but a restart corrected that .. now to the flight test .. turned both on and let them sync, waited for GPS and Sat's (20 for both), checked all my telemetry, knobs, levers and everything was a go .. shot up about 25' and hovered testing my sticks, left, right, forward, back, up, down, seemed good so up, up and away, that's when I noticed the sticks seemed to be very touchy, just barely push and the H is moving, also noticed a bit of drift to the right that I never had before but then there was wind gusts at about 15 mph, so I'm blaming the drift on the very touchy sticks and the wind plus clearing all the flight mode data, I'm assuming it may take a few flights for the H to get GPS and Sat data back into it's little brain and everything will be fine, so other than very touchy sticks and a bit of drift which is by no means requiring a Yuneec CS call .. oh ya .. it did hover in place pretty solid .. didn't try all the new features but the panorama and cruse worked well and I'll get to all the others as time goes .. over all .. I'm happy !!

Foot Note: I've come to the assumption that a simple re-boot on both the H and the ST16 during and after updates and calibrations does wonders.

Reactions: KnR
Well my slight drift to the right is back. I noticed over the days that during each of my flights (6+), the H would fly perfect for the first part of each flight. Forward movement was straight and when I let off on the stick, the H stopped and hovered in place. But then, after a few minutes into each flight, it would develop a slight drift to the right while pushing the stick forward. When I released the stick, small toilet bowling would start. Each time between flights I would calibrate compass and accelerometer to try and fix. But no luck, and now off to Yuneec it goes. I sent them my flight logs to review and they said "We have reviewed your flightlog and we do not see any abnormal flight. We do see slight movement as if it is compensating for wind but that is all." I would understand and expect a drift if I had GPS OFF, but not with it ON. Then I get another email the next day and they said "After reviewing your telemetry we are unclear on what may be causing this issue. We will have are tech's repair and inspect the your unit." I guess someone took a closer look at the logs and discovered something???????? Their CS has been great and with the improved turn around time, I hope to have it back in the air soon. Keep you updated.

I tried to install the new firmware this morning and it did not go well. The ST16 part went fine but the H part some how got messed up. Gimbal went dead and could not vet any versions to show on the about screen except the camera version. The ST16 showed the correct versions. So an hour and half on phone with support and now my camera is on the way to them. They are cross shipping me a new camera/gimbal. The tried everything including the update file for a bricked H and that did not help. Not happy but things happen and I still love the Typhoon H. So just remember things can still go bad when installing this firmware.

Reactions: Brian Mackey
Well my slight drift to the right is back. I noticed over the days that during each of my flights (6+), the H would fly perfect for the first part of each flight. Forward movement was straight and when I let off on the stick, the H stopped and hovered in place. But then, after a few minutes into each flight, it would develop a slight drift to the right while pushing the stick forward. When I released the stick, small toilet bowling would start. Each time between flights I would calibrate compass and accelerometer to try and fix. But no luck, and now off to Yuneec it goes. I sent them my flight logs to review and they said "We have reviewed your flightlog and we do not see any abnormal flight. We do see slight movement as if it is compensating for wind but that is all." I would understand and expect a drift if I had GPS OFF, but not with it ON. Then I get another email the next day and they said "After reviewing your telemetry we are unclear on what may be causing this issue. We will have are tech's repair and inspect the your unit." I guess someone took a closer look at the logs and discovered something???????? Their CS has been great and with the improved turn around time, I hope to have it back in the air soon. Keep you updated.

Did you re-calibrate the ST16 ?

Reactions: Dirtrider71
I did the update and the H is flying good. The only problem I seem to be having is when I touch either of the game pads an instruction screen pops up and I can't get it to go away. I have to reboot the ST16 to clear it. Does anyone know how to get this annoying screen to disappear?

I did the update and the H is flying good. The only problem I seem to be having is when I touch either of the game pads an instruction screen pops up and I can't get it to go away. I have to reboot the ST16 to clear it. Does anyone know how to get this annoying screen to disappear?

I experienced same problem.....Today it solved...
The solution is Font size....(settings(android) - display - font size - 'normal')
My font size was huge...ㅠㅠ
and (ok, cancel) button appeared....^^

Greetings!

Reactions: MikeB
Hit the Back button (arrow curving to left). botoom right of screen.

Reactions: Brian Mackey

Yep, I've been through that. Go into the PAD, into screen, and set the type size back to Normal. That'll give you the part you're missing now.

I tried to install the new firmware this morning and it did not go well. The ST16 part went fine but the H part some how got messed up. Gimbal went dead and could not vet any versions to show on the about screen except the camera version. The ST16 showed the correct versions. So an hour and half on phone with support and now my camera is on the way to them. They are cross shipping me a new camera/gimbal. The tried everything including the update file for a bricked H and that did not help. Not happy but things happen and I still love the Typhoon H. So just remember things can still go bad when installing this firmware.

Almost identical to my experience... only difference is mine showed no update info for camera at all. ST16 showed correct update,
so at least that worked, however the wireless was totally dead, so I had no way of binding because the camera was not showing
up at all. Called Yuneec and after some attempts, the techs decided that the Typhoon itself was not an issue, because in binding
mode the ST16 would find the aircraft, but the not the camera. They decided the camera was bricked and immediately gave me
an RMA, return label and informed me that as soon as the camera shows up in their UPS tracking software, they will cross-ship
a replacement camera.

This is going to happen on occasion with something as technologically complex in such a small package. I seriously could not
be happier with my interactions with Yuneec TS thus far.
18.gif

Last edited:
Hi guys, quick question if you don't mind. Done the updates after a long think because my h has never given me any probs.

Anyway like I said done the update and everything seems great so far, only issue i have found is when i set my rth altitude it goes back to zero every time exit the screen. I have to re set it every time.

Is this not right? If i forget to re do it what altitude will it return to me?

A bit anxious about hitting the return to home atm tbh

Any advice would be hugely appreciated

Thanks
Clive

Almost identical to my experience... only difference is mine showed no update info for camera at all. ST16 showed correct update,
so at least that worked, however the wireless was totally dead, so I had no way of binding because the camera was not showing
up at all. Called Yuneec and after some attempts, the techs decided that the Typhoon itself was not an issue, because in binding
mode the ST16 would find the aircraft, but the not the camera. They decided the camera was bricked and immediately gave me
an RMA, return label and informed me that as soon as the camera shows up in their UPS tracking software, they will cross-ship
a replacement camera.

This is going to happen on occasion with something as technologically complex in such a small package. I seriously could not
be happier with my interactions with Yuneec TS thus far.
18.gif

happened to my friend here yesterday as well!

Uploaded the b25 firmware today, then flew for 11 minutes. No control issues before or after. All features are in my menu, however, I do not have three options in burst mode (only one, 5 pics per second) and only have one option in panorama mode (8 pics per revolution). Still a very happy TH owner.

Uploaded the b25 firmware today, then flew for 11 minutes. No control issues before or after. All features are in my menu, however, I do not have three options in burst mode (only one, 5 pics per second) and only have one option in panorama mode (8 pics per revolution). Still a very happy TH owner.
After you bring up the menu for photo type and choose panorama or burst, you will notice an icon to the right side of the screen which looks like a lens iris. Click on this and you will see the option s to change pano type or number of shots in burst.

Hi guys, quick question if you don't mind. Done the updates after a long think because my h has never given me any probs.

Anyway like I said done the update and everything seems great so far, only issue i have found is when i set my rth altitude it goes back to zero every time exit the screen. I have to re set it every time.

Is this not right? If i forget to re do it what altitude will it return to me?

A bit anxious about hitting the return to home atm tbh

Any advice would be hugely appreciated

Thanks
Clive

bump...

I'd like to know about this too... thx!

I did today another three flights.
For the first flight I didn't any calibration. I wanted to reproduce the "I don't want to land" situation: no way.
I think I can confirm now that diving has three stages. Full speed, which is about 3m/sec, from 10m to 5m height about 1.5m/sec, under 5m about 0.75m/sec.
When I had the "I don't want to land" situation, a couple of days ago, I noticed that the copter was behaving the same, but seemed confused about height movements. It was no more able to detect the real vertical speed. Seems nothing to do with actual height.
No way to reproduce it today.

But I had a little of bowl at the end of the flight. I tried yawing it and it disappeared. Something related to imu drift and battery becoming empty, or lower voltage?

I did then another compass calibration.
At the beginning of the second flight I had worst bowl, now that's amusing.
I did exactly as follow:
- pushed the copter toward North in a forward motion. Drifting a lot to the left and some bowl at the end, went back rearwards.
- pushed the copter toward North, with the quad yawed 90°. Almost straight.
- did that in all orientations and the drift was corrected. Straight as a linear.
Are we facing to some drift correction and integrative values mystery?
All the rest of the flight rock solid.

Did a third flight, but this time to take pictures and have fun, as this was the main purpose of that buy = : D

Ric

Finally got to test fly the H after updating a couple days ago.. had trouble updating the H with the OTA so did it with SD card .. cleared data in flight mode folder .. calibrated the compass .. passed, went inside on a level table and calibrated the accelerometer .. passed .. then the gimbal, at end of gimbal calibration it was a bit off center to the left but a restart corrected that .. now to the flight test .. turned both on and let them sync, waited for GPS and Sat's (20 for both), checked all my telemetry, knobs, levers and everything was a go .. shot up about 25' and hovered testing my sticks, left, right, forward, back, up, down, seemed good so up, up and away, that's when I noticed the sticks seemed to be very touchy, just barely push and the H is moving, also noticed a bit of drift to the right that I never had before but then there was wind gusts at about 15 mph, so I'm blaming the drift on the very touchy sticks and the wind plus clearing all the flight mode data, I'm assuming it may take a few flights for the H to get GPS and Sat data back into it's little brain and everything will be fine, so other than very touchy sticks and a bit of drift which is by no means requiring a Yuneec CS call .. oh ya .. it did hover in place pretty solid .. didn't try all the new features but the panorama and cruse worked well and I'll get to all the others as time goes .. over all .. I'm happy !!

Foot Note: I've come to the assumption that a simple re-boot on both the H and the ST16 during and after updates and calibrations does wonders.

On one of the other sites, it was noted that the new FW update did make some adjustments to the stick sensitivity. They are touchy when in rabbit mode. However, if you put it in Turtle mode they are much smoother.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech