Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

OMG best drone ever in the history of the Galaxy!

Reaction score
There are an amazing amount of reviews of DJI's latest. I find it amazing that so many people have fallen completely in love with something they haven't even seen yet, with the best camera ever, making the most beautiful pictures they have never seen.

I'm not sure how DJI created such a cultish "fan" base out of a bunch of equipment buyers, but I bet a lot of companies would like to understand their recipe.

They make good stuff, don't get me wrong...but their "following" is way beyond product appreciation. They could put four toothpicks on a hot dog and get hundreds of perfect reviews before it hits the market.

How do you turn a simple product into what looks like a religion? I'm sure Yuneec would like to know but you have to give kudo's to DJI's marketing department because I believe they have gone beyond Apple's business model.

Reactions: AeroJ and biltno
There are an amazing amount of reviews of DJI's latest. I find it amazing that so many people have fallen completely in love with something they haven't even seen yet, with the best camera ever, making the most beautiful pictures they have never seen.

I'm not sure how DJI created such a cultish "fan" base out of a bunch of equipment buyers, but I bet a lot of companies would like to understand their recipe.

They make good stuff, don't get me wrong...but their "following" is way beyond product appreciation. They could put four toothpicks on a hot dog and get hundreds of perfect reviews before it hits the market.

How do you turn a simple product into what looks like a religion? I'm sure Yuneec would like to know but you have to give kudo's to DJI's marketing department because I believe they have gone beyond Apple's business model.
Well, from what I've seen from some respected reviewers, their latest offering (Mavic 2) the reviews have been a bit muted and at least two saying they are disappointed!

I look at it the same as Harley Davidson (hope i don't offend anyone here). How that brand has become an icon of the motorcycle world; not only here in the states but around the world, is beyond me.

DJI seems to be on a similar path. My first drone was a DJI and I liked it and I am sure they have some good points but once you look through the hype they're just another brand with their own bag of issues.

It does make me smile the sheer amount of 'church of DJI' people there are out there - I kind of came here to get away from all them :) But I'm sure we all watch their progress with interest whether we fly them or not, and the Mavic 2 updates certainly do appeal to those of us whose main thing is image quality on a hobby-end budget...

The H+ finally has a very nice camera but with a minor issue according to TyPilot. (JPEG over sharpen images)
Since I'm still flying the H, I use Lightroom and Photoshop to help improve the quality my pictures.

Last edited:
I look at it the same as Harley Davidson (hope i don't offend anyone here). How that brand has become an icon of the motorcycle world; not only here in the states but around the world, is beyond me.

DJI seems to be on a similar path. My first drone was a DJI and I liked it and I am sure they have some good points but once you look through the hype they're just another brand with their own bag of issues.
Great response could not have said it better so i wont!

DJI was able to fill a NICHE in the model industry. Before they came out with the Phantom 2, most of the commercial drones cost 10 Grand or thereabouts and therefore was out of reach of most people. The only other drones were in the $10.00 to 50.00 range and no camera. Even though the P2 seemed a bit spendy, people were all over it, as was I. I got one and of course had to use a GoPro 3 camera in order to fly it with First Person View. It was great. Then came the Phantom 3 Standard and people really went nuts to buy one. I was one of them. I finally bought the Phantom 3 Pro and Phantom 4, then the Mavic and the Spark. Each was different, but fun to fly. So all you had to do was get your hands on one and fly it, after that, like myself, you were hooked on DJI products. It wasn't just good marketing, but the biggest driving force was Customer Satisfaction. Everyone loved to fly a Drone in the First Person and still do even today.

How many have you bought hoping it would be The One that did all you needed or wanted to do? Drone manufacturers have done a great job in releasing new products that almost fulfill the needs and almost fix the problems in the last one. They know they have an endless list of suckers that will buy each new release as soon as they hit the streets.

Reactions: NorWiscPilot
How many have you bought hoping it would be The One that did all you needed or wanted to do? Drone manufacturers have done a great job in releasing new products that almost fulfill the needs and almost fix the problems in the last one. They know they have an endless list of suckers that will buy each new release as soon as they hit the streets.

Same applies to just about anything with the so-called “planned obsolescence, right?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TroyBoy