Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

orange flashing light after last firmware up date and compass warning message

Reaction score
Hi everyone i have some issues after my last typhoon H update.a compass warning message like in the photo joined is appearing while im flying!Never had any issue like that before the latest update and im flying in the same location everytime without any problem.Anyone with the same issue?
thanks

Attachments

• 20180620_233311[1].jpg
    20180620_233311[1].jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 25
If you are getting an orange flashing light on the main Status LED then the aircraft is in bind mode and needs to be bound to the ST-16.

If you are getting an orange flashing light on the main Status LED then the aircraft is in bind mode and needs to be bound to the ST-16.
I know that but this is not the case.I have a orange and purple flashing light .Its binded already

Last edited:
You may have experienced a compass failure. I would not fly it again until you have worked this out with Yuneec. Compass failure has been associated with most fly aways, so your risk is high if you continue flying it in this state.

Reactions: dan met
You may have experienced a compass failure. I would not fly it again until you have worked this out with Yuneec. Compass failure has been associated with most fly aways, so your risk is high if you continue flying it in this state.

you re right! just tested it and it had a wrong behavior so i went back to an ealier update

Did you do the firmware update via OTA? I’ve had problems with either Yuneec server or local server timing out during updates. That’s no good in my opinion. I only use the SD card method and do the ST first, rebind to model, clear out SD card, put Hex .bin file on card into camera and update accordingly. The last and only firmware available has been great and worked fine across all my THs (6 now - don’t ask... I’m obsessed) and actually helped clean up one that had pervasive compass warnings but no noticeable flight misbehavior. I had replaced the GPS/compass board twice on this model. It took changing the status LED and a firmware reinstall to fix.

If your GUI is on a laptop, you can hook up the H, set it outside and look at the satellites it’s finding. A properly calibrated and working GPS/compass module finds GPS coordinates much faster then one with problems. If it’s “thinking” too much then for sure push Yuneec for a warranty issue. That’s a whole other issue that’s frustrated many and you may discover buying a new GPS/compass module is quicker then dealing with warranty.

Did you do the firmware update via OTA? I’ve had problems with either Yuneec server or local server timing out during updates. That’s no good in my opinion. I only use the SD card method and do the ST first, rebind to model, clear out SD card, put Hex .bin file on card into camera and update accordingly. The last and only firmware available has been great and worked fine across all my THs (6 now - don’t ask... I’m obsessed) and actually helped clean up one that had pervasive compass warnings but no noticeable flight misbehavior. I had replaced the GPS/compass board twice on this model. It took changing the status LED and a firmware reinstall to fix.

If your GUI is on a laptop, you can hook up the H, set it outside and look at the satellites it’s finding. A properly calibrated and working GPS/compass module finds GPS coordinates much faster then one with problems. If it’s “thinking” too much then for sure push Yuneec for a warranty issue. That’s a whole other issue that’s frustrated many and you may discover buying a new GPS/compass module is quicker then dealing with warranty.

yeah you re right and i did what you ve mentionned with sd card and so on but same issue either with euro or standard firmwares!I ve heard that my H is from an earlier version which is more sensitive about electromagnetical issues than the newer version so it will give me the same issue everytime

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TroyBoy