Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Photo and film setting

Reaction score
I come from a inspire and solded it because the weight whas really a big thing for me. The typhoon is a great alternative with the 360 cam. But one thing i noticed is the lack of settings for photo and film. Where is the setting for the contrast, color and brightness. It's now to oversharpend and don't like it. In the dji app i turnd everything down and do processing in premiere. I miss a lot of setting in the st16 like 16:9 ratio for pictures and so on. Mabey i don't look good and is it somewhere hidden ?

I was carrying out my own experiments on this yesterday. There are 4 pre set colour options for both Video and Photos - Natural, Gorgeous, Raw and Night. Video allows resolution and frame rate changes obviously but with photos you are stuck with 4000x3000 or in other words 12mp with no aspect ratio change.

The 1080p 120fps looks rubbish. It may be 1080p but i think it is upscaled VGA for what it looks like.

When shooting video I like the look of gorgeous mode as it really makes the colours pop and interestingly this mode compared to all the others consistently has nearly twice the mbps rate than the others.

For stills photography the camera seems a little dissapointing to me only ISO and shutter speed settings in Manual, it would be nice to be able to bracket shots, something that is important when using a camera with low dynamic range.
For video Im not sure what to go with yet, can you film in RAW? I found I needes 60fps for smooth pans so have played a little with 1080x60 fps
I assume you are supposed to leave the protective filter on when filming/shooting?

Do you think that yuneec comes in the future with more options. Now i think the typhoon h is good but the app is lacking big time with good options.

Do you think that yuneec comes in the future with more options. Now i think the typhoon h is good but the app is lacking big time with good options.

I hope so, I started a thread the other day asking what their updates had been like for their previous drones - eg. how regular they are, are they just bug fixes or do features get added. But didnt get much of a response so maybe I think a lot of people here are new to Yuneec. Fingers crossed.

Yes, I am hoping (a big hope) that they will introduce a beeter camera seeing as it is supposed to be a modular system
I would happily pay for something decent that would bolt on

I think that is a big hope but it is not unreasonable to expect improvements and features via software updates

I also have a Q500 and the only new feature I can think of that came out was watch me mode. The new firmware's tended to be bug fixes or improvements to existing features. I think they were restricted by processing power with the Q500 so things may be different with the H.

Reactions: gregreh
I started out with the video set to raw mode but found it impossible to work with, or should I say too long to work with in post. I use a Phantom 3 in S-Log and quite happy colour grading that footage but the Yuneec is something else. I have it set to natural for video currently which is a decent start and raw for stills which is handled well in Lightroom.

I have to say I am struggling a bit with the video output overall.

Yes, I am hoping (a big hope) that they will introduce a beeter camera seeing as it is supposed to be a modular system
I would happily pay for something decent that would bolt on
They upgrade camera, should just slide on, like the CGO3+ does to make it easy

I started out with the video set to raw mode but found it impossible to work with, or should I say too long to work with in post. I use a Phantom 3 in S-Log and quite happy colour grading that footage but the Yuneec is something else. I have it set to natural for video currently which is a decent start and raw for stills which is handled well in Lightroom.

I have to say I am struggling a bit with the video output overall.

I want to get into colour grading my footage more and understand that you need as natural or flat image as possible to be able to do this. Could you explain why the raw mode on the H does not let you do this and why you are struggling and why the 'Phantom 3 in S-log mode' is better? Thank you

I want to get into colour grading my footage more and understand that you need as natural or flat image as possible to be able to do this. Could you explain why the raw mode on the H does not let you do this and why you are struggling and why the 'Phantom 3 in S-log mode' is better? Thank you

With the dji app you can give color- contrast a - value so everything is really flat and great for color grading in premiere or other program. In the typhoon there is nothing to change exept the mode lik natural.

His videos are pretty good and I have not seen all of his videos but he is very careful not to pan the camera often which helps with a constant metering. But if you look at this video
from 2 weeks ago at exactly 1 minute in the camera is thrown by the transition of the water to the ice. In some ways its nice to see.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop