Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

PixAero 6mm focus distance

Reaction score
Hi, folks:

My lenses (PixAero 3.77 & 6mm) are estimated to be here in April! I looked through the posts and found Eagle-Eye had used 50" for a focus distance on the 3.77. But does anyone have an idea of the focus distance for the 6mm? I don't think it's the same as the Peau 8.25, but anyone who can shed some light would really help me!

Thanks.

My focus test on the 3.77 was at a distance of 5 feet (60") from the front of the CGO3+ to the focus test grid. I would place the 6 mm at about 8-9 feet for an equivalent close focus point.

However, I did not install my own PixAero lenses, but had them installed through Carolina Dronz. My tests were to provide information on sharpness comparisons of the different lenses, after installation.

If you are doing the install yourself, I would use the video resources of YouTube for specific distances at which to focus at. This will be more critical with the 6 mm which will be less forgiving to focusing errors.

Last edited:
Thank you very much! That was a really fast response. I can't wait to get these lenses and dial them in. I'm using the Peau lenses right now, but from what I've seen on this board, the PixAero is really the way to go. I also notice you kept your sharpness to 6. I think I had dropped mine down to like 3 or 4 (I can't remember which), but I think I might just boost it back up again, because I find myself sharpening everything I shoot, I I don't really have time to do that anymore.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval