Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Poor H can't do any of these stunts

Reaction score
I know the H is not an FPV drone but after watching this video I am considering getting one. I am not only impressed by the flying skills of the drone pilot but also how good the video quality is.

Reactions: SkyDoctor
Personally I don't see anything impressive. This guy is bad for the hobby flyer and professional. It is the most blatant case of disregard for safety I have yet to see. The engineer of the train was clearly not impressed.

Hopefully someone tracks this guy down and reports him to the FAA and locally. From the look of things on his channel, should be quite easy. Even his sponsors may be on the hook for this one.

Regardless. I hope some see his technical talent and let their other opinion cloud their judgment.
Tony2016, It's not clouded judgement, especially if you are referring to mine. People that pull stunts like this are the ones that are making it difficult for professionals and the industry.
I see no technical talent in a drunk driver that can hold a cup of beer without spilling it while driving either.

Make it difficult how? People do all kinds of stunts with motorbikes, bicycles, and cars. It affects me in no way at all as long they do it away from anyone. The auto and bike industry are totally fine.
Actually, I am sure this video got people interested and wondering what he's flying and what is this FPV drone thing. It will make the FPV drone community get larger quicker.

If you can do whatever he did with your H or if you're also a FPV drone flyer, good for you.

If you're angry because he did some stunts you do not approve of and therefore everything he did is not impressive, that's your opinion.

I don't see the correlation with your drunken driver and beer analogy. Surely he won't get any sponsors and if there's some video of a person like that, it will hardly get any comments or likes.

Did he risk any lives? Hardly. The train can crush his little drone like it's nothing. Only the part where he came close too the train driver was not necessary.

The debate is did he get too close to the train and caused a safety or disturbance issue.

Reactions: SkyDoctor
WOW!!........Tony2016 you are missing the whole point here. Make it difficult how, you ask. The more videos that are released with flagrant disregard for the law is going to make it more DIFFICULT for everyone. There are many hobby flyers that don't care about laws, just their own pleasure or bragging rights. Was the video a demonstration of extraordinary skills? Absolutely. It was breathtaking to say the least, but it also broke a slew of laws. This has the potential to bring more restrictions than we already have down on us. There are major differences between hobby flyers who fly for fun and others that fly for a business. When I say we, I am including myself as I have taken the time to learn the rules and to pass the test to achieve my FAA Part 107 certification to legally fly for a living. We have a much bigger stake here than saying "what's the big deal?" To us it is a big deal. Many of us have invested heavily in what we see as a great opportunity. We have a dream and we are working hard to make it a reality. So when you say the debate is between the bird and the train, you are way off base. I have no desire to do the things that he did. I am not jealous of his skill, and I don't have an opinion as to approve or disapprove of his actions. You seem to be interested in the skill to do the kind of things that he did in the video and there is no reason to chide you to aspire to that level. Look at the FPV Racers. Their skill is also great. But doing this recklessly is going to be bad for all of us. The laws and rules I mentioned earlier pertain to all of us. I don't think Murray was saying he disapproved of his skill, but his actions. If I found someone doing commercial work that was not 107 certified would you think I would be wrong to disapprove?

The only thing I was impressed by was the length of that train. We don't have trains like that in England.

Tony, I don't think you understand what is at play here. There are rules and regulations that should be observed. Usually somebody will one up this guys footage and then who knows. I am not impressed!
FAA does not like this type of recklessness,

Last edited:
Pretty soon we will only be allowed to fly inside our houses. Flight rights will be a thing of the past.

Other than flying beyond his VLOS, what laws were broken here? I don't think you can make a case for public safety. The only thing in jeopardy there was the drone.

More importantly, how did the pilot retain video signal and flight control while flying through steel bridges, under a train car, INTO a train car, etc.? I understand he was not using GPS and probably not COMPASS but there still had to be 100% radio communication for the type of flying he was doing.

Other than flying beyond his VLOS, what laws were broken here? I don't think you can make a case for public safety. The only thing in jeopardy there was the drone.

More importantly, how did the pilot retain video signal and flight control while flying through steel bridges, under a train car, INTO a train car, etc.? I understand he was not using GPS and probably not COMPASS but there still had to be 100% radio communication for the type of flying he was doing.

He had communication because the signal from the drone to the TC has been around for a lot longer than multirotors. They have made that pretty solid these days. As far as laws being broken not yet But FAA would have a field day. I’m scheduled to take my certification test this month. What I’ve learned there were a few Things he did. This is what will get you and I not flying where we want. Is that what people want?

Reactions: Peeta
No "absolute criminal activity" (laws broken), but, as many others have already pointed out, the OP was violating TOO MANY FAA regulations... I don't think anyone on these forums would disagree with his piloting skills (mind you, to me it simply indicates too many hours at home bludging around on his Playstation - WipeOut.. [emoji23])... It's more a matter of what he is promoting. Which, simply put, is the statement that "I can do what ever I want, wherever I want"... Find an abandoned warehouse...

Reactions: Murray Martz

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wiebeedigital