Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Problems with the H since release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I learned this long ago as a rule of thumb, and I can always say its worked for me. #1 problem with electronics is heat!
My rule of thumb.. If your not comfortable. Neither is your electronics.. Ok i'm a crazy old guy but try it.

I live in Florida and never fly in the heat of day or when its really humid out.. In the summer i'll fly 1-2 hours before sunset..
I agree, but I don't think it was that uncomfortable of a day, a high of 88 degrees, also my flight was around 7PM so it was cooling off. I have never had an issue with my P2 in any temps. I noticed the hot smell after every flight, just thought it was how it was, now I'm not so sure, I may contact Yuneec and see what they have to say before any more flights.

I would love to see an adapter to install a CGO4 on the H. Can it carry it? I dont know the payload of the H vs. the CGO4 weight. anyone?
Not even close.

You do know the CGO4 is just a Panasonic GH4 which is a full frame DLSR. If it could hold that, it would be the best UAS on the market by far. Especially pound for pound. You want the CGO4 or a DSLR, you better go get yoself a Tornado.

I agree, but I don't think it was that uncomfortable of a day, a high of 88 degrees, also my flight was around 7PM so it was cooling off. I have never had an issue with my P2 in any temps. I noticed the hot smell after every flight, just thought it was how it was, now I'm not so sure, I may contact Yuneec and see what they have to say before any more flights.

I have been very curious about testing the H battery for its internal resistance, but have not received my H yet:mad:
From what has been talked about so far, I am suspecting it has too low, or marginally adequate C rating which would cause high operating temperature on this hex.

I have been very curious about testing the H battery for its internal resistance, but have not received my H yet:mad:
From what has been talked about so far, I am suspecting it has too low, or marginally adequate C rating which would cause high operating temperature on this hex.

It is a rather inexpensive 4 cell battery, so I'm guessing it's a pretty basic design which meets all requirements but doesn't exceed them.

Not even close.

You do know the CGO4 is just a Panasonic GH4 which is a full frame DLSR. If it could hold that, it would be the best UAS on the market by far. Especially pound for pound. You want the CGO4 or a DSLR, you better go get yoself a Tornado.
Weird doesnt look like a Full Frame DSLR camera.
CG04.jpg

CGO4
And while I get that the CGO4 is supposed to be a GH4 it clearly isnt quite a Full frame is it. At least not like an actual GH4
1391744846000_1028453.jpg

one might say those two aren't even close, by comparison. Either way I was only asking what the payload of the H was and how much the CGO4 weighed.

Weird doesnt look like a Full Frame DSLR camera.
CG04.jpg

CGO4
And while I get that the CGO4 is supposed to be a GH4 it clearly isnt quite a Full frame is it. At least not like an actual GH4
1391744846000_1028453.jpg

one might say those two aren't even close, by comparison. Either way I was only asking what the payload of the H was and how much the CGO4 weighed.
I stand corrected:
Tornado CGO4

It appears the CGO4 is a micro 3/4 frame and not full frame. Some shady advertising when the cGO4 was released.

Thank you for correcting me. I had no idea. Jesus.

lol, Does anyone on these forums know the weight of the CGO4 and the payload of the H?

lol, Does anyone on these forums know the weight of the CGO4 and the payload of the H?
Copy and pasted: (No idea the payload of the H but it's insignificant but will be able to carry the modular additions that it will have so the hex will help). On the Tornado, possessing a flight time of 24 minutes, the H920 Tornado can fly for 14 minutes longer than the average drone. It can carry 1,600 grams or 3.53 pounds in addition to the weight of its built-in components, which is a slightly above average payload capacity.

The flight time measurement given is the amount of time the drone will fly with no additional weight added, so keep in mind that as you add additional weight, the flight time will decrease.

I received my H on Friday and have had 4 successful flights over the weekend. Tried to fly it today and the motors won't arm, Everything fires up as normal after the long wait for the camera but the ready icon (top right) does not turn green. GPS status said ready, even tried it with the GPS off but the red button would not fire up the motors. I connected it to the GUI and got green ticks for all sensors and even did a motor test successfully. Anybody else come across this?

View attachment 569 View attachment 569 View attachment 572 View attachment 569 View attachment 572 View attachment 575 View attachment 572 View attachment 569 I just received my H on 3/17 and noticed a rattle in the transmitter, was not about to send it in to see what it was and wait who knows how long. Took it apart and yes it was the intake fan motor just roaming all around inside the radio. Put it back on and heard a small click like it locked back on, hopefully that is the case. Then I went to put in the sd card to check that out and it went and fell inside the transmitter, bad design there. If you put it in at a angle can fall inside. So that was the second tear down, then came #3. After got it back together one of the slider on the back of the radio got turn around and had to take it apart to get it turned around. One pic is of the sd card holder and you can see how there is a gap from the case.

see pics on post 17
I have the rattle as well and my SD card fell into the st-16 today. I tried to open it up but didn't want to void my warranty so I stopped before taking off the rear sticky things on the sides. Is it safe to take these off and open the controller just enough to have my SD fall out?

I received my H on Friday and have had 4 successful flights over the weekend. Tried to fly it today and the motors won't arm, Everything fires up as normal after the long wait for the camera but the ready icon (top right) does not turn green. GPS status said ready, even tried it with the GPS off but the red button would not fire up the motors. I connected it to the GUI and got green ticks for all sensors and even did a motor test successfully. Anybody else come across this?
which mode are you in? if smart mode, i think you have to use the auto take off and definitely be 15-20ft away before the motors will start up. If in angle mode make sure you are holding the red button until the motors start up.

which mode are you in? if smart mode, i think you have to use the auto take off and definitely be 15-20ft away before the motors will start up. If in angle mode make sure you are holding the red button until the motors start up.
I was in angle mode and held the red button for a long time. I think that I have messed up my ST16 config - I was having problems with the camera button in that it took three presses to fire the camera so i changed the settings as others have done with the video button which worked. I now see that in the settings the throttle, B1 (red button) and B3 (camera button) are all linked. It must be a problem on the ST16 as i can put the H into team mode and the wizard will arm the copter.

Well, I decided to try flying again, this time temps were about 70 degrees, first flight, no issues, popped a 2nd battery in, at the end of the 2nd flight I had the same issue, landing gear would not deploy. After hand catching again, I turned off the H and back on, only the right side landing gear moved a couple degrees downward and then stopped. Turning off and back on the H did the same thing. Tried the other battery, same issue. Waited about 15 min, turned on the H, both gear returned to the correct position. Going to call Yuneec today.

Well, I decided to try flying again, this time temps were about 70 degrees, first flight, no issues, popped a 2nd battery in, at the end of the 2nd flight I had the same issue, landing gear would not deploy. After hand catching again, I turned off the H and back on, only the right side landing gear moved a couple degrees downward and then stopped. Turning off and back on the H did the same thing. Tried the other battery, same issue. Waited about 15 min, turned on the H, both gear returned to the correct position. Going to call Yuneec today.
B4 is the video button. You can reset all or just the B3, then work on them again. I adjusted mine.

FYI, Yuneec had me send the H back for repair/replace, now the waiting game until I get it back since I live on the east coast

FYI, Yuneec had me send the H back for repair/replace, now the waiting game until I get it back since I live on the east coast
The landing gear lifespan will most likely be a problem for many in the future due to the fact it's a moving part and is subject to much more impact/abuse than other parts. Only time will tell.

The good news is that the landing gear is modular unit (plug and play), so it's super easy to remove and install a new one.

Not even close.

The GH4 is not a full frame DSLR. It is a micro 4/3... It is an amazing camera I own 2, but not full frame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mariarussii11