Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Prop falls off

Reaction score
Well You have to view this in Media file, not sure how to transfer to Discussion page. No damage, just my ego. Nothing dramatic happened, just surprised by the event. The good news is the stability when this happened. Hate to see when a quad prop falls off.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well You have to view this in Media file, not sure how to transfer to Discussion page. No damage, just my ego. Nothing dramatic happened, just surprised by the event. The good news is the stability when this happened. Hate to see when a quad prop falls off.

Yet another reason to buy a H rather than a Phantom 4. If that'd had happened with a Phantom you would have been picking up the pieces.

I found out the same thing on about my third flight. I got a little compliant and didn't check that the props were locked on. On takeoff at about five feet high, one slung off. The prop traveled farther than I thought one would.

Ahh thank you for transferring the file. I didn't even see it fly off. All I got was an immediate warning "engine malfunction or something like that and land immediately" My Pilot training came into auto mode: 1. fly the plane, 2. assess the situation, 3. find a place to land. Fortunately I was at the landing strip. I did have a real live event at Colorado Butts Army Air Field 1977, upon V2 rotate I lost critical engine power, leveled off declared emergency landed with out incident. Later found out a piston had a hole through it. I guess people leaned the engine too much?

Reactions: ThunderChicken
Ahh thank you for transferring the file. I didn't even see it fly off. All I got was an immediate warning "engine malfunction or something like that and land immediately" My Pilot training came into auto mode: 1. fly the plane, 2. assess the situation, 3. find a place to land. Fortunately I was at the landing strip. I did have a real live event at Colorado Butts Army Air Field 1977, upon V2 rotate I lost critical engine power, leveled off declared emergency landed with out incident. Later found out a piston had a hole through it. I guess people leaned the engine too much?
Or the ignition slipped the timing and the cylinder detonated and over a period time pitted the piston.
What type of aircraft did you fly?

Or the ignition slipped the timing and the cylinder detonated and over a period time pitted the piston.
What type of aircraft did you fly?
Several, Cessna 310, Cherokee 180, B24 R Beechcraft, Cessna 172 T41B for mountain flying and finally when I got out of the army I bought a Cherokee 140 wish I kept it. Had to go through my log book and see what I've flown. ALSO did a lot of NOE really dumb I should have been dead!

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vbd777