Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Purchased typhoon

I'm cautious about flying in 20 mph gusts and won't consider flying at all in 30+ mph winds.

That screen shows ground level gusts. If you go to "Wind Profile" on UAV Forecast you'll likely see that that gusts are even higher at 100'

Take
take me to yuneek forum then says website name and white screen I may have to try from computer I’m on iPhone and may not download files I’ll come to look on cp to see if will open from there I actually have to go buy a laptop in few my tower one is old and outdated with vista and just been wanting a upgrade but will defiantly come back to get them

I want to at least discharge batteries to like 50% but was thinking if I just let it sit turned on for awhile and just let it get familiar with satellite but that gonna take a bit to discharge both unsure if leave them fully charged over night

I'm cautious about flying in 20 mph gusts and won't consider flying at all in 30+ mph winds.

That screen shows ground level gusts. If you go to "Wind Profile" on UAV Forecast you'll likely see that that gusts are even higher at 100'
Yeah your right get even worse the higher it gets

I want to at least discharge batteries to like 50% but was thinking if I just let it sit turned on for awhile and just let it get familiar with satellite but that gonna take a bit to discharge both unsure if leave them fully charged over night

No problem leaving them fully charged overnight if you're going to fly tomorrow.

I have one more question what is the best geofence settings to have default or comfortable without losing site or losing connection

I am having trouble connecting GUI to cp says I need a usb driver at bottom says the connection method is serial port com9 baud 115200 any ideas

Geo-fence only works in Smart Mode. If you're an experienced pilot of other aircraft and know how to use the sticks you likely won't be using Smart Mode.

By default Smart Mode creates a Smart Circle of 26' radius around the pilot holding the ST16. The Smart Mode Geo-Fence is 300' by default with a max altitude of 400'.

I'd say use your eyes. Keep the aircraft at a distance so that you can easily visually discern front/back and left/right of the aircraft. The ST16 will also provide distance on the screen in the lower left.

For your first few flights I'd say focus on controlling the aircraft visually. If you hover you can safely look to see where the battery VOLTS are on the TH battery. It will vibrate and put warning messages up on the screen when the battery gets low. I'd recommend landing before then until you're really comfortable flying the TH. You don't need to panic about low battery warnings on your early flights.

Geo-fence only works in Smart Mode. If you're an experienced pilot of other aircraft and know how to use the sticks you likely won't be using Smart Mode.

By default Smart Mode creates a Smart Circle of 26' radius around the pilot holding the ST16. The Smart Mode Geo-Fence is 300' by default with a max altitude of 400'.

I'd say use your eyes. Keep the aircraft at a distance so that you can easily visually discern front/back and left/right of the aircraft. The ST16 will also provide distance on the screen in the lower left.

For your first few flights I'd say focus on controlling the aircraft visually. If you hover you can safely look to see where the battery VOLTS are on the TH battery. It will vibrate and put warning messages up on the screen when the battery gets low. I'd recommend landing before then until you're really comfortable flying the TH. You don't need to panic about low battery warnings on your early flights.
Oh ok I see I saw my hieght at like 100 and distance 91 so in angle mode I have no geo fence correct if so good but so it’s different than the breeze if you set breeze to what ever on pilot mode say it’s set at 50 ft and I can’t go any further that doesn’t apply to the typhoon in angle mode geo fence only for smart mode if that’s what I understanding so how would I remove smart mode if wanted to

I’m sorry I see now that geo is for smart but the one below says maximum height from home in angle and smart is 122 meters still I’m unable to connect to test motors as video mentioned widows10 don’t think works with GUI tells me two drivers I’ve tried installing both of x32 and x64 but believe what this cp has is x86

I’m sorry I see now that geo is for smart but the one below says maximum height from home in angle and smart is 122 meters still I’m unable to connect to test motors as video mentioned widows10 don’t think works with GUI tells me two drivers I’ve tried installing both of x32 and x64 but believe what this cp has is x86
I also didn’t know the conversion for feet to meters so guess that’s where I got confused I get it thanks much 400 feet is way further than I need any how I mistooken 122 as ft instead meters my fault thanks much I didn’t get to fly today wind wouldn’t let up tomarrow supposed to be better

I can't help you on the Yuneec GUI as I'm a Mac guy not a Windows guy.

You can roughly convert meters to feet by with a quick calculation 1 meter = 3 feet.

Make sure you've got the ST16 set up to show you feet instead of meters. That will help a lot.

Go to:

- Settings
- Other Settings
- for Measurement Unit choose "Imperial"
- Set Advance Mode to On if you're comfortable flying the sticks in angle mode and you're not a raw newbie

Based on all the questions you are worrying about more stuff than you need to. You don’t need to be concerned about making and posting a video. Learn to fly first, play with the camera later

If you select a clear open area there’s no need to go further than 100’ in any direction or more than 30’ high. That’s more than enough to learn the controls and maneuver the aircraft in every direction and learn how it flies. Pick days with winds below 10mph for now. Take off is always optional. Landings are mandatory.

Last edited:
Reactions: NorWiscPilot
Yeh I would say forget smart mode, the only good thing it is for (in my opinion) is if you get disoriented switch to smart mode then pull the right stick down and it will fly to you, but I never use it and I doubt you will as you have RC experience. If you do get disoriented you can hit RTH and it will fly back to you (slowly) then when you are ready go back to Angle mode and fly her yourself again.

Yeh I would say forget smart mode, the only good thing it is for (in my opinion) is if you get disoriented switch to smart mode then pull the right stick down and it will fly to you, but I never use it and I doubt you will as you have RC experience. If you do get disoriented you can hit RTH and it will fly back to you (slowly) then when you are ready go back to Angle mode and fly her yourself again.

Or learn the green arrow!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval