Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Q500 motors get very hot.

Reaction score
After 5 minutes flight at landing can not barely touch the motors and the metal part of the propellers.
Need help to find the problem if someone had experience with this issue.
Guess could be the motor bearings or not OEM propellers, also the battery get low voltage during flight
but show a higher voltage at landing.

Did the problem appear at the same time as when you installed the aftermarket props?

For what it's worth; Yes, non-OEM props can chew up a lot of battery and result in hot motors.
Not all, or course, but I played with several sets that came my way free of charge (which is pretty much what they were worth.) The level of noise seemed related to the inefficiency. The more noise they made, the faster they seemed to drain the battery.

Please tell us which aftermarket props you are using. There are very good ones outthere but also the complete opposite. My first guess are the propeller as well.

Worn out bearings usually sound very bad. If something is wrong with them you are likely to notice it.

Reactions: Mike Irish
This a second hand drone, I am using the propellers that came with the drone, they are not OEM, probably a cheap copy, will try to get the Yuneec propellers. But any recommendation for upscale propellers be very well welcome, hope this solve the problem.

Reactions: WTFDproject
I would go back to OME prop's
This guy has them and easy to deal with.

The motors all the same temp?
If so, then it's pretty much normal for a motor to get warm when working, if one gets really hot compared to the other's that's the one I would replace.

As for the battery issue, yeah it's normal for them to read a bit low when working then recover a bit after landing and the motors are at rest.

Thank you for the link Calvin, will see if all the motors get the same.

Looking for the propellers, Best buy has the propellers OEM kit for the Q500 at $17, already order.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval