Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Range difference H vs H pro

Is there a range difference between the typhoon h and the h pro?
So far as I know, the only difference might be the video range and that would only be due to the patch antenna. With stock equipment on one of the very first H's produced, I could get over 3000' with a very clear line of sight and no interference. I never fly that far anyway, but I did test it in a remote setting. Realistically you will loose video signal in many areas with trees or buildings and an improved antenna on the 5.8GHz side helps greatly.

I have a round antenna on my ST-16 and I also have a rectangular one with a yellow sticker on it that came in the box of accessories. What is the difference?

Well... as a matter of fact... the one is round and the other is not, while it is more or less rectangular.
Another fact is already been talked about often on this forum: the square one is more directional then the round one.

There are all kinds of difficult words for discribing these facts, but that is what it means. The square has longer, more focussed range.

Apart from the differences obtained between the square antenna and the mushroom antenna there would be no discernible difference between the H and H pro. A greater factor in range lies with the firmware...whether it is the EU firmware or U.S firmware: EU firmware is more limited regarding control range.

Apart from the differences obtained between the square antenna and the mushroom antenna there would be no discernible difference between the H and H pro. A greater factor in range lies with the firmware...whether it is the EU firmware or U.S firmware: EU firmware is more limited regarding control range.

Are you stating that the US version is 200mw and the EU is 100mw?

That looks like an assumption to me.
Nobody is stating anything nor reciting any factual numbers, if I read Flush's reaction well.

o_O

Does anyone know what portions of the 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands are used by drones? Are they the same frequencies and channels as WiFi with the same transmitter power limits?

I ask as some WiFi frequencies/channels are restricted to 25mW max and some may range as high as 200mW also depending on country.

In my mind these are rather low power outputs for flying significant distances between the controller and the drone.

Happy New Year!!!

Ron

Yes, for instance in Europe we have very low power and the transmitter is hopping frequencies for best results as well.
Nevertheless it is very well possible to fly the H far out the VLOS with these tiny outputs.

I find this almost miraculous!

As best I can tell searching the web, Spektrum is owned by Horizon Hobby which is a US corp headquartered in Champaign, IL. Design and manufacturing of the RC gear however may be done anywhere as that is not something I could find.

I've found that in the US the FCC allowed 1W in the 5GHz band for WAP in 2014 or 2015. That may not expand to other uses though. It may also be something to keep in mind if operating in urban or indoor environments.

Here's are pretty good links on the channels, etc.

U-NII - Wikipedia

List of WLAN channels - Wikipedia

As best I can tell searching the web, Spektrum is owned by Horizon Hobby which is a US corp headquartered in Champaign, IL. Design and manufacturing of the RC gear however may be done anywhere as that is not something I could find.

I've found that in the US the FCC allowed 1W in the 5GHz band for WAP in 2014 or 2015. That may not expand to other uses though. It may also be something to keep in mind if operating in urban or indoor environments.

Here's are pretty good links on the channels, etc.

U-NII - Wikipedia

List of WLAN channels - Wikipedia

Yuneec does manufacture Horizons products, just can't be sure which ones.
Yuneec International - Wikipedia

Last edited:
Yuneec does manufacture Horizons products, just can't be sure which ones.
Yuneec International - Wikipedia

So you assume they make Horizon products.
You use Wikipedia as a source. You think Wikipedia is a source for facts?

Wikipedia is an open community, say a forum. The hefty looking references are more then once just an article, like in your school's newspaper.

:confused:

Reactions: PatR
Ah.

Assumptions by some people are worth more or more credible then assumptions or deductions by other people?

Interesting.

lol

did not see anything of that in your earlier posts or on your referral to Wikipedia, but I may be wrong.

An easy way to find out would be to call Horizon CS and ask. Yuneec made some Blade products but nobody mentions which ones. Spectrum radios came into being before Yuneec started making hobby grade products and it’s possible they use a secondary manufacturer/supplier for their transmitters, as Horizon does the same. Horizon Hobby makes very little, contracting out to numerous jobbers for manufacturing different brand items. Tower/Great Planes does similar.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stacyminniti