Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

RealSense owners who flew indoors

R

Rayray

Have any of you RealSense H owners flown indoors to test the IPS function? Kindly give results.
Thanks.

Reactions: KBflyer
Since Real Sense is predicated on three D representations of a scene I'm wondering how much light (actually how little) is necessary for this to properly work indoors, I'm planning on flying in some glacial ice caves this winter which don't have a great deal of light. I was testing the system last week but before I even flew my H Pro while doing compass calibration had three of the arms collapse (would not hold locked position). So it has been sent back for repair before it was ever flown.

That is great news, I guess someone misinformed me when they told me that light was essential for it to work properly. That's for the link to the article about how it works.

i'm wondering why the article states this however : Note: Range is very dependent upon the module and the lighting.

i'm wondering why the article states this however : Note: Range is very dependent upon the module and the lighting.
That's going to be in reference to the RGB camera and the typical use of combining the RGB image and IR for depth. I don't think the Obstacle Avoidance system needs the RGB camera.

RS says light must be sufficient. Maybe the 3rd cam, the Color Cam, needs visible light.

I am chicken to try my H Pro RS in Follow/Watch in the dark, lol. Inside, RS will definitely not work, w/o GPS RS will turn off.

The IPS dual sensors on the bottom are supposed to work indoors, again with enough light they say. I have no suitable indoor setting to try it, but my IPS does not seem to work outside to stabilize the craft w/o GPS. Seems like it should.

We evaluated the IPS with our test unit. The ultrasonic sensor works well and the unit maintained a consistent altitude indoors. However, the camera did not function for positioning and drift was consistent with a unit without IPS. Our consensus is on our 'Beta' unit, the indoor positioning is not yet completely enabled with the firmware loaded.

We evaluated the IPS with our test unit. The ultrasonic sensor works well and the unit maintained a consistent altitude indoors. However, the camera did not function for positioning and drift was consistent with a unit without IPS. Our consensus is on our 'Beta' unit, the indoor positioning is not yet completely enabled with the firmware loaded.

In other words, indoor or outdoor IPS lateral positioning does not work on these early H Pro's for some reason. Program I hope.

Hmm...Well, the IPS works well outside in Angle mode for height readout, below 10' or so ( the red arc that appears on the screen), and will not let you land with the legs up.

With OA turned on in Follow/Watch, the IPS is playing some part in avoiding objects, sees the ground as high as 30' or so. The entire RealSense comprehension/avoidance op is spooky at times, unpredictable. Once it avoids/passes an object, it seems to remember where it is and will not back into it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval