Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!
Reaction score
Got the Breeze and have been happily flying it for the past few months training for aerial photos/videos of our vacation. I put it up in the air while on the beach in Maldives. The Breeze lost connection multiple times and was not responding to inputs. I was finally able to regain control and land it. Upon reconnecting and launching the drone, it then flew away, then stopped and landed in the ocean a few feet from the beach.

I recovered the drone and put it out to dry. After several hours of letting it dry, I then plugged a battery in. The drone turned itself on and suddenly some smoke emitted from one of the rotor stems. I'm hoping this thing isn't shot, and if it is then at least I can be able to recover the photos/videos that I shot today.

Any ideas for recommended courses of action? Any idea why the drone loses connection randomly? I have found that the connection issues can sometimes result from trying to switch modes while in flight. I was flying the breeze with my android Samsung Galaxy 8 fyi.

First course of action would be to give your Breeze a bath in fresh water. Saltwater and electronics do not get along well. Use something large enough to fully submerge the Breeze and swish it around to rinse away all the salt deposits.

Shake as much excess water from the Breeze as you can and use a hair drier on the lowest setting and gently dry the Breeze. Monitor the temperature closely, you do not want to overheat and cause further damage. Let the Breeze air dry for at least eight hours.

Once it is dry you can attempt to connect and try to get your files downloaded. If that is successful, have someone hold the Breeze from the bottom side (staying clear of the propellers) while you try to fly the Breeze. DO NOT let the Breeze go airborne, try to ascertain if the motors are spinning equally then land the Breeze so the motors will shut down. If that went well, (I have my doubts since you mentioned smoke in your post) then try launching the Breeze and let it hover at takeoff height. If it hovers, try flying it and count yourself lucky.

Good luck and let us know how it went.

Last edited:
Lost control? A possible cause is temperature.
It might be warmer at beach than at home.
Flying OK with another battery could isolate the problem to the battery operating in hotter temperature.
Before flying, I always had the controller, iphone, spare batteries fully charged.

MaximusMarine89,

Welcome to the YuneecPilots community!

We are a group that shares our knowledge of the hobby/business and welcome pilots of all skill levels and backgrounds. Please read the Community Rules found at the bottom of the webpage, and make use of the Forum Search (it is restricted to this forum) for any question you have before posting. Chances are that the answer is waiting for your question. That being said, please join in and share your experiences with the community.

We appreciate when new members make use of the Introduction area of the forum to tell us a little about themselves and their interests in multirotor aircraft.

When giving the Breeze a wash in fresh water just be sure you took out the battery.

When electronics emit smoke/smell they have reached their end of life. Sorry for not having more positive words to this sad event.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval