Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Rubberized Switch covers

Not sure what the rattling is
The SD card slot on the ST16 could be a bit out of alignment with the ST16 plastic shell. Not really a big deal at all. Early ST16,s did have some loose fan to fan shaft issues,but haven't heard of that being an issue anymore.
Note sure what my rattling inside is but it is noticeable. Hopefully they will tell me what it was once they open it up. I could have opened it myself but didn't want to take the chance to void my warranty.

Bought my Thyphoon H Prof. in Germany....all metal.
Where to get rubber covers ?

Use heat shrink.that covers about 75% of lever. I use yellow for landing gear and red for RTH. You could put black on the others if need be.

The rubber covered St16 switch version was only the first batch so that Yuneec could keep an eye on the dealer demo and review models amongst others.

Reactions: Morten
I was told by my local Yuneec dealer that the dealer demo versions all had rubber switches so Yuneec could know which dealers sold their demo stock... All the current ones come with metal switches...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I was told by my local Yuneec dealer that the dealer demo versions all had rubber switches so Yuneec could know which dealers sold their demo stock... All the current ones come with metal switches...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Whatever the reason, I just happen to like them. It's a much larger surface now with a great tactile feel, at least to me. :D

Greg

I had originally heard the metal was a later addition and had overall better quality however I've seen no difference. I noticed that my H-Pro has shorter switches and are plain metal. The shorter switches are a good move for packing and overall durability.

I had originally heard the metal was a later addition and had overall better quality however I've seen no difference. I noticed that my H-Pro has shorter switches and are plain metal. The shorter switches are a good move for packing and overall durability.
Personally I like the vacuum caps because they are rubber. Some of them or others designed as switch caps look like the Plastidip vinyl material and won't be as flexible. I also think your finger adhere better to the rubber.

I personally like the look of the non rubber switches, especially when you add my Smart mode guard. i:)i

I personally like the look of the non rubber switches, especially when you add my Smart mode guard. i:)i
I agree, the glossy appearance of the Platidip does look better but I settled for a personal balance (preference) between form and function. I am curious to know what your Smart mode guard is though? I haven't yet used any of the smart modes (due to an unrealistic fear of a flyaway) so I've stayed in angle mode. Hate the thought of bumping it by mistake.

I agree, the glossy appearance of the Platidip does look better but I settled for a personal balance (preference) between form and function. I am curious to know what your Smart mode guard is though? I haven't yet used any of the smart modes (due to an unrealistic fear of a flyaway) so I've stayed in angle mode. Hate the thought of bumping it by mistake.

I don't want to use smart mode and was afraid of hitting the smart switch by accident so came up with this solution. Simple and really works.

My solution to the Smart toggle issue.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430