Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

RUMOR - Yuneec Making Changes

Instead of them moving from California to the UK. They should just move to Texas. A great state for businesses. They could strive here and they would be closer to me. :cool:

Speaking of Texas. Anyone there with advanced knowledge and understanding of small gas two stroke engines, that has the ability to work directly with engineers, dynos, and spreadsheets, might find a pretty good job with Martin UAV as a propulsion technician. Martin makes the V-Bat, a VTOL long duration, long range UAV.

Rumors suggest they are going to be ramping up production quickly fairly soon. Location is around Prosper, TX. Job details can be found at Indeed.com under a job title of Propulsion Technician. Not mentioned in the description, but I suspect anyone with heavy fuel use in two stoke engine design would have a leg up.

It could be a great opportunity for someone looking to get involved in high end UAV’s.

Last edited:
Not even. The serious players moved away from model airplane engines, even the better ones. They might use parts, but not the total design. They’ve totally bailed on carbureted engines. Poor fuel economy, finicky tuning, inefficient carb design and manufacturing, more restricted altitude, less power.

This is a field I am extremely familiar with. The company already has the engine selected, tested, and implemented. For reasons that won’t be mentioned I’m reasonably sure I know who they want but they aren’t going to get that person.

Not even. The serious players moved away from model airplane engines, even the better ones.

You might want to give Dave Johnson a call and let him know his thriving UAV business is imaginary ?
But I get your overall comment. Many larger UAVs are using purpose made designs. BTW, DA's UAV engine are injected IIRC.

I know of his business quite well. I’m also well acquainted with his UAV engines, as well as 3w’s. DA’s long nose bottom end was designed by someone else. One of the things that kept them attractive for so long is they never ended up made in China. That’s a death knell in our military establishment. Copied, but not duplicated.

If you know anyone that would like a really good deal on new, original model DA50/100 top ends and a few other parts, let me know. Got a few in the shed and I could use the space.

Reactions: Phaedrus
From my point of view, I would recommend it. See my post, below.
im am really sorry i bought a 540 drone,problems,PROBLEMS,but it looks badazz,if i want a rock solid drone i use my hubson or xk,if u want a hex build it from h.k.,really look into hubson,i fly the 501 s never had any problems with it ,really good video,20 min flight time and no false battery low levels,under 200.00 the photo is from the stock hubson camera

im am really sorry i bought a 540 drone,problems,PROBLEMS,but it looks badazz,if i want a rock solid drone i use my hubson or xk,if u want a hex build it from h.k.,really look into hubson,i fly the 501 s never had any problems with it ,really good video,20 min flight time and no false battery low levels,under 200.00 the photo is from the stock hubson camera

Are you referencing an H520 to a Hubsan 501S? That is like referencing a 777 to a Cessna 150. No comparison at all except in basic functionality. The cameras aren’t even close either.

I know of his business quite well. I’m also well acquainted with his UAV engines, as well as 3w’s. DA’s long nose bottom end was designed by someone else. One of the things that kept them attractive for so long is they never ended up made in China. That’s a death knell in our military establishment. Copied, but not duplicated.

If you know anyone that would like a really good deal on new, original model DA50/100 top ends and a few other parts, let me know. Got a few in the shed and I could use the space.

My point is he is still selling lots of engines to the UAV market. Maybe not the "serious" ones perhaps, but still selling them.

The market is maturing, gravitating towards purpose built heavy fuel engines and away from those with an aero modeling origin or consuming gasoline. If Dave has taken that route more power to him and I hope his success continues. I’m aware that at least one of his UAV twins is produced to meet somebody else’s design standards. Last time I paid any attention to their independent heavy fuel effort was 3 years ago. His guy had a ways to go but I’m sure they’ve improved since then.

Reactions: Phaedrus
From a friend with good contacts and knowledge. Yuneec will be moving their office, however, will be keeping its retail locations stateside. Waiting for further info.

Taking another path, let's just hope that any changes Yuneec elects to make go in a positive direction for a change.

Now, this is really a scary rumor since in my opinion, Yuneec has the worst customer service I have ever encountered. My drone with only 2 hours of flight time has been at National Radio since the end of December, and they still don't seem to know the problem. All I get is a run around from both NR and Yuneec. Very dissatisfied customer here. o_O
That’s a matter of experience. I couldn’t be happier about the service here in Europe.

I sent in my crashed H and 2 weeks later I received a brand new one.

I called them for a problem with a system update and after 2 minutes on hold and a 15 minute talk the H was up and running.

If you ask me yuneec has the best customer service ever.

Reactions: Addison
Instead of them moving from California to the UK. They should just move to Texas. A great state for businesses. They could strive here and they would be closer to me. :cool:
There's already a UK base, so wouldn't make sense. But they could learn alot about customer service from them.

Reactions: DoomMeister

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis