Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

RUMOR - Yuneec Making Changes

Global Economy.

All that’s really necessary for them is a physical presence in the continental US for Repair, warranty, distribution and warehousing. The management and executive side of the company can be anywhere.

For the last 17 years I’ve done IT support for a massive financial institution. I worked from home full time. As long as I had an Internet connection, I could be on a beach in Cozumel, a ski lodge in Colorado, on my sailboat in the marina, in my underwear on the couch. Didn’t matter. I worked with US teams, India teams, UK, Japan, Germany.... all via video conference, teleconference, MOC (instant message), email.....and we could be working on a server in Florida or a data center in London. The only time when time of day came into play was with India shift change....if any of them missed a train they’d have to hire a $$$ cab ride home. Otherwise we were worldwide, 24x7x365. It’s really cool to have a videoconference session with San Francisco, Hyderabad and Virginia while we make live changes to a server solution in Kansas City.

Unless they stop marketing in the US or fail to innovate, I wouldn’t worry.

A sensible post at last.

@Good time Charlie

I actually still have an Atari 800 and 800XL. Some of the games were actually quite good and have never been ported to another system with any satisfaction.

It was also a system where any programming had to be clean and concise. There was no room for bloat in those days.

I hope to see Yuneec pull a rabbit out of their hat and produce an affordable system with great stability and standard battery usage to get rid of the proprietary battery game. Preferably a list of acceptable battery specs ( capacity, weight, C rating) to be used with the system. This would be the base aircraft to which the rest of the system would be customizable.

The other half would be a gimbal that can accept a variety of cameras for various uses. Photo/video, SAR (infrared and night vision), multispectral for agriculture or environmental studies, and high resolution inspection and mapping.

Along with this would be an SDK package that would allow third party development of software to utilize the functionality of the system.

Kinda like LINUX is superior to Windows.

Yes and no. With the 3DR the user has far more flight mode options open to them, greater stability, near perfect home point acquisition, more speed laterally and vertically, much longer range using telemetry radio, preflight waypoint planning, Google Earth map imports and storage, terrain following using Google Earth elevation data, etc., etc.

The X8 also allows for continuation of a mission to completion should a motor fail. I can personally vouch for that. Then there’s the ability to employ different payloads. So practical flexibility of most 3DR platforms has exceeded that of the H, H Plus, and 520 as far back as 2014. None of them are noted for wearing out.

I have not been paying attention. Is the 3DR X8 available??

No longer as of about 2015. They were phasing them out as the Solo was being introduced. Just slightly larger than an H-480 it has considerable latitude in payload capability and battery selection.

There were two versions, the original using Pixhawk where the user had options to add their own camera/payload, gimbal and FPV and a second that was heavily weighted towards mapping using a Pixhawk/Pix4D integration. When Pix4D was created the code was written in a manner that made it compatible with Pixhawk guidance software. Normally the system ended up equipped with a Canon or Sony camera flat mounted to the airframe to enable very good terrain captures.

I have one of the originals and it’s still a great little rig while my employer had a couple of the mapping versions. Another company later developed and released a gussied up line similar in capability, called the Mavrik, but employed a forward facing front mounted gimbal, allowing a Sony a6000 to provide imagery in a -90*/+90* arc from the horizontal. No pan capability but yaw was so smooth it wasn’t often necessary. But at $6k a pop for the smaller unit they could not compete with the cheaper and less capable P2. They closed up their consumer side and now only focus on industrial, government, and military fixed wing systems.

Original X8
3dR-X8.JPG

Mapping X8 on Right
Unboxed-2.JPG

Last edited:
This really throws a wrench into things. Where I work is currently putting together a UAV team, and we're looking to buy at least 4 H520's, with service plans. I have convinced them that DJI is a horrible choice, mainly due to the Chinese server login process, and that 6 is way better than 4. I personally would never buy a DJI product, but after seeing this, I'm starting to wonder if they would be a better option for my employer. And after my experience with KAV recently... ha! That place is a joke.
As i know, it not true, US office is still open as normal, and US is the key market and Yuneec shuold provide better production and service.

So what other rumor can we get started, to see how many others are going to freak out?:eek:;)

I’ve been sober for 12yrs... But the popcorn that I had while reading all of this was delish.

Hey RPR, thats bad for your teeth?

@Phaedrus it's okay, and anyway, you did preface it correctly as just a rumor and perhaps something that we should be aware of.
Yea, I just had a root canal yesterday, OUCH!?
You should have seen that needle they stuck in my mouth:eek:

Last edited:
As i know, it not true, US office is still open as normal, and US is the key market and Yuneec shuold provide better production and service.
That is what we all want.
Sadly, we seem to have gotten sucked in to yet another rumor. Yuneec and other manufacturers have long been targets of these attempts to discredit competition. There appears to be growing support for this type of misinformation by those who have drank the Kool-aid. In this case, Drone U was the lead. They should be neutral, dependable and ethical. Another operation that is no longer trustworthy, obviously aligning themselves with a single manufacturer. Do they not know or understand that competition leads to innovation and and fair pricing? One can only speculate that special manufacturer perks are part of this process which rewards those willing to sell their soul.

Well now we are back on our toes again. It had been a while since the last wave of counter intel was released. It's funny though, I don't know of anyone who flies a Yuneec or Anafi or whatever that goes through their day thinking: 'how can I cause confusion in the &^* camp'

With all that has gone on over the past few weeks, I am optimistic for the future of Yuneec's current line up and the ones coming down the pike.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stone