Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

RUMOR - Yuneec Making Changes

I thought the facebook post said a reduced staff presence in US, and concentration of the company to Europe?

It appears my decision to buy an assortment of spare parts for my 920 last year was a good one. I just need to be careful with the landing gear as actuators were made from unobtanium.

With confirmation of the rumor the bottom just fell out of the market for used H-480’s so I’ll retain my pair and use one for parts if and when they are needed. Not that the market for used 480’s was good to begin with...

A prediction; Lacking a U.S. presence, the dealer/retail sales network for Yuneec products will soon disappear.

... Yuneec sells more product in the U.S. than in any other country. We have the population numbers and disposable income others don’t. To abandon the location you sell the most product in is indicative of issues, real or anticipated, outside of sales volume or general margin profitability. Such a move would also severely limit customer service and consumer recourse.
I agree, but as we have watched over the years Yuneec has made some bad decisions.?
It's like throwing darts at a board, you either hit or miss your target.:rolleyes:

I agree, but as we have watched over the years Yuneec has made some bad decisions.[emoji51]
:

To be candid, I often wonder if they’ve made any decisions beyond” what can we make with the parts we have left?”. Sad to see them on the path they are on. For me the questions revolve around “why”.

[MOD EDIT] Original quote removed at OPs request.

Good enough. Lots of rumors floating around. Thanks for clarifying this for us.

Last edited by a moderator:
To be candid, I often wonder if they’ve made any decisions beyond” what can we make with the parts we have left?”. Sad to see them on the path they are on. For me the questions revolve around “why”.

I keep thinking about Apple. For nearly a decade the pundits were saying they were dead meat. Not so much as it turns out. All I know is I will happily keep using my H+. If I contributed to confusion by passing along rumors, then I apologize. We all seem to feel like something is going on and rumors fill the information vacuum.

Darn! with these rumors, I was planning selling my H parts, at inflated prices. :rolleyes:
I should have bought some apple stock yesterday, last I saw it was up 22%.

While I hope that Yuneec maintains a North American presence, in a Global Economy, it really is not the end of the world. If they lose their North American distributors, that would be a problem. In Canada, BestBuy only carries the Breeze and the Mantis. I purchased my Q500 4K from them in late 2016. When I went to look for an H, I went there first. Was I ever disappointed. They told me that they do not carry the larger drones now. Not even the DJI Phantom 3 or 4. I had to order my H through McBain Camera's. All of my parts... eBay, Amazon. So, Global Economy has already hit for me. My parts come from China and some from the U.S. Very little from Canada.

Regardless of what transpires, Yuneec’s platforms generally serve us well. Barring firmware update issues and users unfamiliar with these systems they are quite reliable and not prone to sudden failures.

Some may think I lack faith in Yuneec products, something that is certainly not true. Once stable, Yuneec products work great. It’s why I spent so much on a 920 as I knew it would function well over the course of the next several users. I do often question their management though as some of their decision making appears at best chaotic.

Global Economy.

All that’s really necessary for them is a physical presence in the continental US for Repair, warranty, distribution and warehousing. The management and executive side of the company can be anywhere.

For the last 17 years I’ve done IT support for a massive financial institution. I worked from home full time. As long as I had an Internet connection, I could be on a beach in Cozumel, a ski lodge in Colorado, on my sailboat in the marina, in my underwear on the couch. Didn’t matter. I worked with US teams, India teams, UK, Japan, Germany.... all via video conference, teleconference, MOC (instant message), email.....and we could be working on a server in Florida or a data center in London. The only time when time of day came into play was with India shift change....if any of them missed a train they’d have to hire a $$$ cab ride home. Otherwise we were worldwide, 24x7x365. It’s really cool to have a videoconference session with San Francisco, Hyderabad and Virginia while we make live changes to a server solution in Kansas City.

Unless they stop marketing in the US or fail to innovate, I wouldn’t worry.

Now, this is really a scary rumor since in my opinion, Yuneec has the worst customer service I have ever encountered. My drone with only 2 hours of flight time has been at National Radio since the end of December, and they still don't seem to know the problem. All I get is a run around from both NR and Yuneec. Very dissatisfied customer here. o_O
Pilot error or a genuine fault?

Hopefully NOT. One must be able to trust the businesses they deal with, and any business that works against their customers cannot be trusted.

Even worse case scenario, spares would be available for a length of time, a lot of it is quite easy to repair, at a push we could keep them going for a few years, there wouldn't be a new model but surely something else would come along, best enjoy them and let others worry about the finances.

Reactions: ChuckBridges

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OneIndiaPestControl