Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

S10+ Video Start/Stop doesn't work

Reaction score
I just recently acquired my Q500 (within the last two weeks). I'm trying to use the video start/stop button on the ST10+ controller, but it is not responding. Any suggestions?

Does the record button (B2) work when you test it in hardware monitor?
Does the snapshot button(B1) work?
Is the correct camera selected in the camera select menu?
What camera are you using?
What error message is displayed when the video fails to start?

On the mainscreen of the ST-10, select "flight settngs" at the bottom of the screen
Press OK on the next screen
Select "Hardware Monitor" at the bottom of the menu that comes up.
Press the video (B2) button, and see if the associated icon changes positions. (Same general idea will check all the other control inputs while you are there)

Good. At least it eliminates the camera.
The button is not soldered in. It has a plug that fits into the "Button/Slider" board inside the case. If you have some sharp nosed tweezers, or small needle point plyers, you can get the plug out without dismantling much, maybe not anything other than opening the case. Watch a couple YouTubes on opening the case. Pretty easy, but there are a couple really flimsy wires you have to watch out for as you open the case.

The button itself is removed by unscrewing the silver/grey collar on the outside. It's supposed to use a special tool to reach the notches without harming the button, but you may be able to get it off without damaging the plastic using more normally available tools. Once the collar is loose, it doesn't just slip off the button. You have to pull on it pretty hard with your fingernails to get it past the button part. The remaining part of the button comes out from the inside.

I'm not sure where you can get an OEM replacement. And I'm not entirely sure it's just a standard momentary contact button, but it might be.

Reactions: Jafo

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dharminder