Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Serious Belief

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Who truly.believes we
will not be able to fly
our Drones as hobby ?

For those of us who
have common sense
and fly in a safe place.
Would you let someone
with a uniform , someone with so called authority
come up to you and say
I am taking your Drone
away from you ?
Seriously what would
you do ?
Hmmmm
think real hard before
you answer.

No offense
Pat need not
answer.
Unless you truly must
speak your tongue.
LOL
Keith

Last edited:
Who truly.believes we
will not be able to fly
our Drones as hobby ?

For those of us who
have common sense
and fly in a safe place.
Would you let someone
come up to you and say
I am taking your Drone
away from you ?
Seriously what would
you do ?
Hmmmm
think real hard before
you answer.

No offense
Pat needn not
answer.
Unless you truly must
speak your tongue.
Keith

Ok, Keith, I'll bite.

Do I think recreational and commercial use of radio controlled aircraft (all disciplines), by the general public, is susceptible to being highly curtailed, let alone banned all together? A definite YES, if the current proposal for Remote ID is not either trash-canned altogether, or massively rewritten so as to greatly lesson the impact.

As to resisting law enforcement, per your statement... we do not need anything to change, regulation-wise, for that scenario to play out. (You have been paying attention to the ongoing story in a certain county in Michigan, have you not?) Resisting is futile. The old saying "live to play another day" applies. Stand up for your rights, but... do not put yourself in a position where your safety or freedom is sacrificed, for the sake of hanging on to a piece of hardware. Follow proper channels, get proper council if necessary, rather than end up face down, a knee in your back, and cuffs pinching your wrists.

Dramatic, perhaps. But... we've read stories, watched videos, have we not?

Stand up for one's rights, true. But respecting authority first often leads to mutually satisfying outcomes. Resisting or disrespecting authority, law, and regulations, often brings unwanted attention and reduction in one's personal freedoms.

One opinion. Respectfully submit that other opinions will be... respected.

Jeff

Last edited:
Who truly.believes we
will not be able to fly
our Drones as hobby ?

For those of us who
have common sense
and fly in a safe place.
Would you let someone
come up to you and say
I am taking your Drone
away from you ?
Seriously what would
you do ?
Hmmmm
think real hard before
you answer.

No offense
Pat needn not
answer.
Unless you truly must
speak your tongue.
Keith
Poor @PatR This is going to kill you not to reply....lol

As per usual, the FAA has written yet another set of regulations that is so vague in some areas while being very matter of fact in others, and is of such reach and scope (not to mention length) that for many of us it is hard to get our heads around it.

Do I believe the 'hobby', as in RC in the traditional sense, is going to go away? NO.

Do I believe the RC hobby is going to change somewhat? YES

Do I believe that the 'hobby' as many multi-rotor 'drone' hobbyists understand it going to change? YES

Drastically? YES

Ended for the average Joe? That Depends on the average Joe. ;)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Feds intend to end the types of occurrences that we have been seeing since the dawn of the commercial drone. Keith, I am just speaking my mind and this is not directed at you rather it is an inward look at how many of us in the drone community think, I am just using your first sentence as an example. When you said:

'For those of us who
have common sense
and fly in a safe place'

I agree many of us know what a safe place is and I think most of us fly with common sense, but so do those people that do some of the most unsafe flying we've ever seen. Whether it is flying an Inspire into the Space needle, flying directly in the approach of a runway to capture footage of airliners landing and taking off or hovering over a road making a motorcycle cop swerve to miss it and on and on - they all had similar responses when questioned WHY?

They almost always felt they were not harming anyone and that they could perform those flights safely. In other words, they deemed the rules did not apply to them and that they could just self-administer themselves a waiver to do what they want.

The FAA now lumps me, you and the rest of us in with those types - as far as they are concerned.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Am I going to let someone come up and confiscate my drone for flying? NO

But then again, I probably won't be flying where I'm not supposed to. And if being able to fly becomes so costly or requires pouring through red tape, then I will just fall back to flying at a designated site, but thats not here yet and we've got a lot of time to see how this thing unfolds.

As per usual, the FAA has written yet another set of regulations that is so vague in some areas while being very matter of fact in others, and is of such reach and scope (not to mention length) that for many of us it is hard to get our heads around it.

Do I believe the 'hobby', as in RC in the traditional sense, is going to go away? NO.

Do I believe the RC hobby is going to change somewhat? YES

Do I believe that the 'hobby' as many multi-rotor 'drone' hobbyists understand it going to change? YES

Drastically? YES

Ended for the average Joe? That Depends on the average Joe. ;)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Feds intend to end the types of occurrences that we have been seeing since the dawn of the commercial drone. Keith, I am just speaking my mind and this is not directed at you rather it is an inward look at how many of us in the drone community think, I am just using your first sentence as an example. When you said:

'For those of us who
have common sense
and fly in a safe place'

I agree many of us know what a safe place is and I think most of us fly with common sense, but so do those people that do some of the most unsafe flying we've ever seen. Whether it is flying an Inspire into the Space needle, flying directly in the approach of a runway to capture footage of airliners landing and taking off or hovering over a road making a motorcycle cop swerve to miss it and on and on - they all had similar responses when questioned WHY?

They almost always felt they were not harming anyone and that they could perform those flights safely. In other words, they deemed the rules did not apply to them and that they could just self-administer themselves a waiver to do what they want.

The FAA now lumps me, you and the rest of us in with those types - as far as they are concerned.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Am I going to let someone come up and confiscate my drone for flying? NO

But then again, I probably won't be flying where I'm not supposed to. And if being able to fly becomes so costly or requires pouring through red tape, then I will just fall back to flying at a designated site, but thats not here yet and we've got a lot of time to see how this thing unfolds.

Thanks Doom
At least we have time.
OMG
Another bad thought.

Now the person of Authority says you either give me the Drone or
your going to jail.
LOL
OMG enuff Keith

Ok, Keith, I'll bite.

Do I think recreational and commercial use of radio controlled aircraft (all disciplines), by the general public, is susceptible to being highly curtailed, let alone banned all together? A definite YES, if the current proposal for Remote ID is not either trash-canned altogether, or massively rewritten so as to greatly lesson the impact.

As to resisting law enforcement, per your statement... we do not need anything to change, regulation-wise, for that scenario to play out. (You have been paying attention to the ongoing story in a certain county in Michigan, have you not?) Resisting is futile. The old saying "live to play another day" applies. Stand up for your rights, but... do not put yourself in a position where your safety or freedom is sacrificed, for the sake of hanging on to a piece of hardware. Follow proper channels, get proper council if necessary, rather than end up face down, a knee in your back, and cuffs pinching your wrists.

Stand up for one's rights, true. But respecting authority first often leads to mutually satisfying outcomes. Resisting or disrespecting authority, law, and regulations, often brings unwanted attention and reduction in one's personal freedoms.

One opinion. Respectfully submit that other opinions we be... respected.

Jeff

Ok
I will put the word OUT
Do NOT buy a Drone
You are no longer
allowed to have FUN
Fun has been BANNED
Lol. Keith

Who truly.believes we
will not be able to fly
our Drones as hobby ?

For those of us who
have common sense
and fly in a safe place.
Would you let someone
come up to you and say
I am taking your Drone
away from you ?
Seriously what would
you do ?
Hmmmm
think real hard before
you answer.

No offense
Pat needn not
answer.
Unless you truly must
speak your tongue.
Keith
You've made it really hard for both I and @PatR as you've put in the qualifier of thinking hard before answering!

The actual big picture is the fact that gov't has decided that none of us can fly, eat, drink, drive, run a business unless they tax, fee, fine or imprison us. The reality is that we've let gov't brainwash us into thinking we need to register our vehicles, drones, homes, businesses etcetera every year.

Anyone figure out why we have to pay a huge fine for not wearing our seatbelts while driving? Those that are basically good people will fly their drones without causing harm to others but it's simply a way to control us through mula as the bad fliers will fly badly.

The important thing to remember is that if you put up enough signs and pass enough regulations you'll stop speeders, school shootings, drive by shootings, rape, murder, overeating, pedophelia and the list goes on.

You've made it really hard for both I and @PatR as you've put in the qualifier of thinking hard before answering!

The actual big picture is the fact that gov't has decided that none of us can fly, eat, drink, drive, run a business unless they tax, fee, fine or imprison us. The reality is that we've let gov't brainwash us into thinking we need to register our vehicles, drones, homes, businesses etcetera every year.

Anyone figure out why we have to pay a huge fine for not wearing our seatbelts while driving? Those that are basically good people will fly their drones without causing harm to others but it's simply a way to control us through mula as the bad fliers will fly badly.

The important thing to remember is that if you put up enough signs and pass enough regulations you'll stop speeders, school shootings, drive by shootings, rape, murder, overeating, pedophelia and the list goes on.

Well said
Control power and Greed.
I believe you understand.

This is why there are so many peed off people.
The freedoms are taken
Away. So go have some
and don't hurt anyone.
Keith

Reactions: thoneter
Ok, Keith, I'll bite.

One opinion. Respectfully submit that other opinions will be... respected.

Jeff

Well said Jeff.
Common sense goes along way. We the people are the Government.
Try to be happy and have fun.
Keith

Well said Jeff.
Common sense goes along way. We the people are the Government.
Try to be happy and have fun.
Keith

Perhaps you haven't noticed it but in the US the citizens have little affect on the Government since "Citizens United". Corporations, SuperPACs, and PACs drive the government. $$$ is the mother's milk for our government, at least for politicians who oversea the government.

Now, can we get back to drones...?

Perhaps you haven't noticed it but in the US the citizens have little affect on the Government since "Citizens United". Corporations, SuperPACs, and PACs drive the government. $$$ is the mother's milk for our government, at least for politicians who oversea the government.

Now, can we get back to drones...?
Unfortunately the gov't will have it so we can't get back to drones. I'll venture that 90+ percent of us on this forum are flying with complete respect and safety without the gov't having to be involved. Good guys fly respectfully and bad guys fly unrespectfully no matter how many regs the gov't writes.

Thanks Doom
At least we have time.
OMG
Another bad thought.

Now the person of Authority says you either give me the Drone or
your going to jail.
LOL
OMG enuff Keith

It's called "civil forfeiture".

Cops can do it, then you have to sue to get it back, even if no criminal charges are filed, and you have to pay you own legal fees.

PS: The above run on sentence was my lame attempt to write like a lawyer.

Reactions: KEITH KUHN
Who truly.believes we
will not be able to fly
our Drones as hobby ?

For those of us who
have common sense
and fly in a safe place.
Would you let someone
come up to you and say
I am taking your Drone
away from you ?
Seriously what would
you do ?
Hmmmm
think real hard before
you answer.

No offense
Pat need not
answer.
Unless you truly must
speak your tongue.
LOL
Keith
To be honest I'm not sure if he's got a uniform on that's a police uniform what could you do, I would certainly do my best to show that I'm in the right and doing nothing wrong, in the UK we have to register drones and pass a small exam which I have and passed, so again if I believe I'm in the right I think I would ask for a police inspector before I handed over my drone and record everything that's going on with my phone, (then tell him it will be a cold day in **** before he gets his hands on my typhoon H )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop