Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

She's feeling naked now - Removed RS Module

Nothing probably.....if you’re never going to use it, why tote it along?

Reactions: JackMTaco
Ok I give up what's wrong with the RS modual and are you going to sell it?

Theres nothing wrong with it. For it's intended purpose, I dont use it. It's dead weight and drawing unnecessary power from the battery. I will probably ended selling one of the RS modules since I'll use the other drone for flying indoors and that does require the RS modules as it provides the Indoor Position Sensors for flying without GPS indoors.

Last edited:
The flying characteristics that I’m used to has changed dramatically, the naked H+ is a bit nimble, which I like. But, what I don’t like, and this could be just me. Taking off the RS module has made the H+ a bit sensitive to the wind, and the braking reaction time became less, allowing the H Plus to travel a bit more until it stops compared to having an extra payload. And since we cannot customize the braking values, the payload played a significant role in braking sensitivity.

For normal flying naked H Plus is fun to fly, but for precision flying that extra weight is needed.

Without the RS it cured the video interference and my H Plus doubled it’s distance, and I figured out a way to have her flying smoothly via rate control.

But now, I’ve gotten an “Ultrasonic” error message. I toggled the OBS switch all the way down to ON, but it did not cure it, the message came back again, and also the OBS does not appear to be working, it could not tell of what’s in front of the AC and in forward flight, the AC abruptly stops.

Any advice on how to fix this?

Presently, I installed the RS back in place, but added a copper shield and cured the interference and I was also able to double my distance, but I like the idea of not having the extra payload.

Without the RS it cured the video interference and my H Plus doubled it’s distance, and I figured out a way to have her flying smoothly via rate control.

But now, I’ve gotten an “Ultrasonic” error message. I toggled the OBS switch all the way down to ON, but it did not cure it, the message came back again, and also the OBS does not appear to be working, it could not tell of what’s in front of the AC and in forward flight, the AC abruptly stops.

Any advice on how to fix this?

Presently, I installed the RS back in place, but added a copper shield and cured the interference and I was also able to double my distance, but I like the idea of not having the extra payload.

Message sent.

Almost forgot, here’s the notification.

IMG_1192.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech