Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

ST16 HDMI out to external HD monitor issues

Reaction score
Several people including myself have been seeing issues when connecting the ST16 HDMI port out to an external HD field monitor.Of the 2 professional field HD monitors I own,only one would sync with the video feed from the ST16.

Even when working,the video image on the ST16 would go blank yet the video image would still show on the external HD monitor.Tapping the ST16 screen twice would bring the screen back up,but it would once again go blank after a few seconds.

As this is happening to multiple users,I think this is a hardware/software conflict issue with the ST16 and 3RD party external HD monitors.I just want anyone reading this to understand that if you plug in an external HD device into your ST16 it may or may not work.

This is rather concerning as the ST16 HDMI out port is a major reason many have purchased the H.I believe Yuneec needs to address this issue asap.

There are 2 versions of the ST16 currently out.

1- TILT,PAN MODE,OBS,FLIGHT MODE and LANDING GEAR switches are chromed and metal

2- TILT,PAN MODE,OBS,FLIGHT MODE and LANDING GEAR switches are rubberized.

This indicates when within the production run of the ST16 the time frame of manufacture . The rubberised switch version apparently is the earlier of the two.

The HDMI issue occurs with BOTH variations of ST16 controllers.

Last edited:
Reactions: horizontal
So, I ran this test just now. ST16 with silver switches, I haven't done any firmware updates. The secondary monitor will connect to the ST16 and display and stay on. It will also stay on in Pad mode. However, in Flight Mode, if I double click to display the video feed full screen, the ST16 monitor turns off in 5 seconds, but the secondary monitor always has a video feed. Touching the ST16 screen turns the ST16 screen back on, but again for only 5 seconds.

I'm sure this is something Yuneec can fix in a future firmware update.

I'm another that has experienced this problem with the chrome switch ST-16. When I made the decision to purchase the H, having HDMI out was, and still is, a large part of my reason for buying it. When I build a camera rig, always a hex or greater, one of the features I install on them is HDMI out, with another a 360* gimbal. Not having functional HDMI out significantly reduces the benefits that were advertised as part of the Typhoon H imagery features. The H flies nice but lots of multirotors do that.

Reactions: HS1
So, I ran this test just now. ST16 with silver switches, I haven't done any firmware updates. The secondary monitor will connect to the ST16 and display and stay on. It will also stay on in Pad mode. However, in Flight Mode, if I double click to display the video feed full screen, the ST16 monitor turns off in 5 seconds, but the secondary monitor always has a video feed. Touching the ST16 screen turns the ST16 screen back on, but again for only 5 seconds.

I'm sure this is something Yuneec can fix in a future firmware update.
Sorry to hear you too are having an issue. This is beginning to looks like it affects all ST16 conrollers.

I'm another that has experienced this problem with the chrome switch ST-16. When I made the decision to purchase the H, having HDMI out was, and still is, a large part of my reason for buying it. When I build a camera rig, always a hex or greater, one of the features I install on them is HDMI out, with another a 360* gimbal. Not having functional HDMI out significantly reduces the benefits that were advertised as part of the Typhoon H imagery features. The H flies nice but lots of multirotors do that.
Have a functioning HD signal out to ALL HD monitors was very much a major reason in buying the H. As it stands now,the HDMI out is all but useless.

My ST16 seems a bit different. It's a Chrome Switch Model and I use the HDMI connection with Headplay HD FPV Goggles. With the Headplay Goggles connected, the ST16 flight screen stays Active. If I switch to PAD and play a Video, the ST16 Screen switches off..........Just tried this with a Monitor - The same.

My ST16 seems a bit different. It's a Chrome Switch Model and I use the HDMI connection with Headplay HD FPV Goggles. With the Headplay Goggles connected, the ST16 flight screen stays Active. If I switch to PAD and play a Video, the ST16 Screen switches off..........Just tried this with a Monitor - The same.
When you say the ST16 flight screen stays active,do you mean the video image and telemetry overlay are both present on the ST16 screen and Headplay? If so, double tap the ST16 screen to just view the cameras feed without telemetry/controll overlay. When you do that does the ST16 screen go blank?

Reactions: Jacques BRET
When you say the ST16 flight screen stays active,do you mean the video image and telemetry overlay are both present on the ST16 screen and Headplay? If so, double tap the ST16 screen to just view the cameras feed without telemetry/controll overlay. When you do that does the ST16 screen go blank?

'YES' to your first Question..........'NO' to your second Question.........The only time the ST16 screen goes Blank (with HDMI connected) is in PAD Mode.

Do not under any circumstances switch to tablet mode while the H is in flight. I have already done this and link with the aircraft is immediately cut. The aircraft goes into RTH mode and comes to a point at the Safe Circle distance and hovers.

Reactions: yuneec53
Hello,
i confirm you the same problem. Out HDMI no works with secondary monitor. It is anormal.
idem PatR
"When I made the decision to purchase the H, having HDMI out was, and still is, a large part of my reason for buying it."
the only time it works is on a Dell U2413 in office

Last edited:
Now let me get my head around this. The hdmi on top of the controller isn't working, not the miniusb on the bottom of the controller?

In essence that is correct, although it is not known if the problem is with the HDMI port itself or something in the communication protocol.

I need to have normal display in controller but put outside to a monitor the image without settings and other stuff we need to fly? is Possible? I have the ST16 with chromed bottons!
I try to connect with Hdmi and i made double click stays in second display clear image with a cross in the middle only and in the controller after 5 seconds turns off!
Thats a big problem because i need to make a work were will be display in real time what im filming so i need the second display with clear image but normal image and controllers in the screen of ST16.

If can anyone help urgent

Thanks

Don't know. Has anyone else experienced a problem after the various firmware upgrades? I can say my ST-16's have no issues with HDMI communications when linked with a Samsung flat screen HD television.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval