Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

ST16 J2 ( rudder) limits?

Reaction score
in the hardware monitor, the J2 stick shows -100% to 100% movement.

but My H will only slowly YAW one direction, and not at all the other direction.
In the channels setting, click rudder, and move it and it goes from -30% to 67%

is this a software patch or is it supposed to be like this?

I noticed that "THRust" is also limited to minimum 20% and Maximum 80% is that normal?

Last edited:
The 20% min thrust is normal for consumer drones. Those flying them don’t know how to deal with a zero thrust throttle stick. Ideally, bottom stick would be zero thrust, or motors stopped and increasing stick up to mid point would proportionally increase motor speed to what’s needed for a stable hover, while stick positions above middle would be a proportionally faster climb of provide additional thrust needed for a heavier payload rig.

Limiting the upper end of thrust caps speed and limits current load which prevents over heating low C rated batteries, ESC’s, and system fuses. Essentially it prevents a system designed around the law of minimums from killing itself...

I figured as much.

My real question was about J2 however.

My H will only slowly rotate one direction, and not at all the other direction.

Have you tried calibrating the ST-16 or cleaning the gimbal pots yet? You failed to mention a failure to yaw in one direction in your original post. It helps if you make reference to a problem when you have one.

I had it apart earlier, but I didnt see an easy way to get at the wipers to contact clean them.

The calibration seems to make no difference.

Yes I have an assortment of contact cleaners.

in the hardware monitor it shows POT J2 moving from -100 to +100%

but the craft doesnt respond like that, and in the advanced menu channel configuration it only shows J2 having a range of -38 to +67

is that a software issue ( has the button been remapped? or skewed using software)

or is the hard ware monitor not 100% accurate?

if I were to use contact cleaner is it normal to take the stick apart more to clean it directly, or just drench it?

Last edited:
I did a factory reset on the ST16, and recalibrated everything.

now J2 swings from -72 to +72

thrust goes from 13- 80 something.

Ill rebind and test fly later, but this seems to have worked. for now

Reactions: Steve Carr
test flights show that I can now YAW both ways equally.

But the H still does not always want to land.

it will stick at 16 feet or so and just make angry noises when I try to bring it down.
the altimeter climbs as it sitss in the sunlight too.

do I need to vent the cowling?
I would think the props move enough air to cool it.
maybe the sensor is mounted too close to the battery?

thoughts?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Siyaco