Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Still photos only above 1080, F25 !?

Reaction score
Hi guys. I have found that any attempt to take still photos UNDER 1920 x 1080 F120 triggers a warning "failed to take still photo" on my controller. Impossible at lower resulution and/or lower FPS than this. :-(

I am new to my Q500 4k and this fact caused surprise to me. Is it normal or had it happen to any of you??

And last one: Is it normal that videos that I take in 20 seconds for example, reproduce in 28 or 30 second in my PC, when filmed with upper than F25?? Is that slow motion or what? BTW, I am not a photography expert, as you can guess. LOL. Also, if recorded sound, It plays totally desincronized of the image! Looks like sound plays in real time (ends in 20 seconds) while image plays for 8 or 10 seconds more! What the heck???

I found by testing, that videos made on 1920x1080 F25 were reproduced in real time, image and sound. If I go any higher, things mess up.

Thanks to anybody who can help!

The first definitely, not sure what you mean in the second issue? Are you saying when shooting videos for 20 seconds, playback is 8 seconds longer? Some of the lower settings will play in slow mo, forget which one exactly because I never use it! The length you record i.e 35 seconds, should playback approximately 35 seconds regardless !

hi
i don't know what SD card your using , try reformatting it or try a new SD card ( San disk 32GB Ultra 320x 48MB/s Class 10 UHS-I Micro SD SDHC Memory Card ) or better i use a 32 GB card and never use over 10 GB for a full run of 3 batteries .
fly safe

Reactions: DroneClone
You can only take photos in video mode when the video is set to 1920x1080 120fps or higher. Not sure why you would want to take photos at that resolution anyway. You can take them at higher resolution and downsize later if you need low res. Pictures take very little disc space compared to video.

The first definitely, not sure what you mean in the second issue? Are you saying when shooting videos for 20 seconds, playback is 8 seconds longer? Some of the lower settings will play in slow mo, forget which one exactly because I never use it! The length you record i.e 35 seconds, should playback approximately 35 seconds regardless !
Yes, playback is longer than real filming time when I use more than F25. So this may be slow motion?

You can only take photos in video mode when the video is set to 1920x1080 120fps or higher. Not sure why you would want to take photos at that resolution anyway. You can take them at higher resolution and downsize later if you need low res. Pictures take very little disc space compared to video.

Thanks Steve. Look. As I told, when I set video to 120fps (or any upper than 25fps), the playback becomes longer (and slower) than real time, and sound desincronizes. That is why I want the 25fps setting for video. But, on the other hand, if I want to take stills in the same flight, they won't shoot on anything under 120fps.
So, that is the dilemma. I have to decide if I will take photos (or) video and set the according fps before flight. What I will not be able to do is both things, fhotos and (real time playback) video. Am I doing something wrong here?

I've set mine up at 1080p 30fps and it will take both video and stills in the video mode. Set the camera to CGO3 Pro! You can also set the camera up for different settings,by selecting the camera icon on the right hand side of the screen,for taking pictures. 120 is for "Slow Motion"!

You can only take photos in video mode when the video is set to 1920x1080 120fps or higher. Not sure why you would want to take photos at that resolution anyway . You can take them at higher resolution and downsize later if you need low res. Pictures take very little disc space compared to video.
hi
on my Q 4K camera i use 1920 X 1080 F60 most of the time and 1920 X 1080 F60 and i don't have to switch to camera mode to take a photo but i do have to stop the video and then wait a few seconds to snap a photo , i have no up dates to my system .
fly safe

Reactions: DroneClone
hi
on my Q 4K camera i use 1920 X 1080 F60 most of the time and 1920 X 1080 F60 and i don't have to switch to camera mode to take a photo but i do have to stop the video and then wait a few seconds to snap a photo , i have no up dates to my system .
fly safe
Likewise my friend!

I went out a little while ago,and flew the Q 500 4K to take some still shots! The wind out in the open country was howling,but I went up anyway. I found out that the quad will indeed,get turned around flying crosswind. So I corrected it and flew into the wind,and returned down wind. Here a picture shot while I was up there at 400 feet!

very nice , what a great place to fly , open country , the best . at what location are you ?
fly safe

I went out a little while ago,and flew the Q 500 4K to take some still shots! The wind out in the open country was howling,but I went up anyway. I found out that the quad will indeed,get turned around flying crosswind. So I corrected it and flew into the wind,and returned down wind. Here a picture shot while I was up there at 400 feet!
Beautiful picture!!

Reactions: Ron_Dog
I've set mine up at 1080p 30fps and it will take both video and stills in the video mode. Set the camera to CGO3 Pro! You can also set the camera up for different settings,by selecting the camera icon on the right hand side of the screen,for taking pictures. 120 is for "Slow Motion"!
Thanks Ron. Will need to try.

Reactions: Ron_Dog
hi
fly safe
Right. You have to stop the video. But mine won't shoot stills under 120 FPS :-(

Ok. Let's go down to the very basics. I may be kind of stupid, since I can not enter the screen in the photo, the one where you select video/photo mode. I've touched every possible button and I just can't get there. Can somebody show me the exact path to it, like if I were 5 yo? LOL.pantalla.png

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval