Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Stuck retracted legs

Reaction score
Upon power on of the H520 in the field, the legs retracted of their own volition even though the blades weren't turning and the ST16S switch has the legs in the down position.
Repeated attempts to lower the legs have failed.
Does anyone know of a way of 'forcing' the legs back down? Otherwise when I return this thing I won't be able to get it back in its box...

Removed E90. Turned on H520 in isolation (no ST16S). Turned the H520 over on its back and the legs extended on their own.

Next test (when I can) is getting back in the field and seeing if it does it again when trying to fly it properly...

Reactions: Addison
I'm gonna put it in the thread of basic procedures in case it happens to anyone else

Removed E90. Turned on H520 in isolation (no ST16S). Turned the H520 over on its back and the legs extended on their own.

Next test (when I can) is getting back in the field and seeing if it does it again when trying to fly it properly...

I had this happen to me after loading new firmware, but only after re-calibrating the sensors. Was worrying at the time!

I had this happen to me after loading new firmware, but only after re-calibrating the sensors. Was worrying at the time!

Didn't it ever happen to you again? only the first time after updating and performing the first calibration?

Only that time but it's the first update I have installed. They retracted on their own when I performed the last stages of the accelerometer calibration.

Only that time but it's the first update I have installed. They retracted on their own when I performed the last stages of the accelerometer calibration.

Yeah, the same thing happened to me. But to him, being on the ground just before takeoff, it's different.

I ask you so that what has happened to us both and what has happened to Journeman will be taken into account in Yuneec and make the necessary changes. Reporting these things is important.

Thanks, mate :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gbare