Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Super cheap Typhoon H battery deal on Amazon

Reaction score
I have no idea if this a mistake, but whatever. There is a coupon on the battery listing page for 30% off (just click the redeem button), then they are giving 10% off if you buy two. Take a look at my checkout. I got both batteries for $84 shipped two day! The reviews are all positive, seem (at least) as good as the originals. Hot ****, jump on this guys!!!battery.jpg

I have no idea if this a mistake, but whatever. There is a coupon on the battery listing page for 30% off (just click the redeem button), then they are giving 10% off if you buy two. Take a look at my checkout. I got both batteries for $84 shipped two day! The reviews are all positive, seem (at least) as good as the originals. Hot ****, jump on this guys!!!View attachment 9714

That’s a great price. Even the battery charger/tender is also on sale.

If I didn’t stock up on the original batteries, I would jump on these. Local Microcenter sold original batteries for $50.

Reactions: AJan
https://www.amazon.com/Battery-6300...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=99NTAEAHRJQ4QNTWJDXM

NOTE: I was only able to use the 30% + 10% once and had use use my daughters account to get the other two. Might be better to get the special order and also get the duel charger

Does anybody have experience with the dual charger? There were mixed reviews about this product. Pro: Charges 2 batteries at a time and have storage mode charging (30%-50% charge). CON: Hard to find the correct orientation to insert a battery that does not result to an error.

Does anybody have experience with the dual charger? There were mixed reviews about this product. Pro: Charges 2 batteries at a time and have storage mode charging (30%-50% charge). CON: Hard to find the correct orientation to insert a battery that does not result to an error.

It is pretty much like the EV-PEAK 70Wx2 6A/CH Intelligent Battery Charger, and both review on this forum have been fairly positive

It is pretty much like the EV-PEAK 70Wx2 6A/CH Intelligent Battery Charger, and both review on this forum have been fairly positive

great thingie for the money, typical no-hassle equipment.
No problem with orientation of battery, impossible to make contact when trying to put in place wrong way. And besides pretty obvious by visual.

:)

Got both of my batteries on time, seem to be built as well as the originals that came with my typhoon. Have them on the EV dual charger (also got on sale for $90) set for storage right now. Will let them sit for a few days and then give them a full charge and test them out. Hope a couple others of you were able to capitalize on it. Looks like they still have the discount going on.

Will let them sit for a few days and then give them a full charge and test them out.

A few days? Thaht might not be the best idea, since they are LIPO.
A lot te read on this forum about our batteries and how to treat LIPO well. Please keep in mind these are potentially dangerous batteries (leak, fire and explosion).

I suppose PatR or someone knowing much about batteries will chime in, but best read articles on this forum about them. You can find them by using the forum searchbox, click upper right in your screen on the magnifying glass.

My two arrived today, look to be good qualit15.5 volts according to the ST16 straight out of the box.

on the charger currently will do some flight testing soon.

Last edited:
Their off brand batteries. You can find those pretty easily for that price range all over Amazon. I wouldn't buy them. What you are doing by buying off brand batteries for cheap prices is putting your drone on the line. you just spent lots of money on your fancy Typhoon and go buy handful of cheap batteries doesn't seem wise to me.

Would you ever buy a new car and switch from the stock tires to cheap off brand tires ? I beg the differ. Sure their cheap but you risk your drone and your cheap off brand batteries falling out of the sky. How long are they going to last you ? will they store the same as the name brand ? Do they get the same flight time ? what are other peoples reviews ?

I check out the website these come from. Looks like the harbor freight of batteries. In the long run, I would always get the name brand batteries for my Typhoon. High end tools require high end batteries. Sorry to poop on your party, but this is one of the things you should think about when getting batteries for your nice drone.

Mr. I,

I’ve begun to really loathe the use of the term “cheap”. Cheap to me often denotes inferior quality. I’d rather go for inexpensive, quality items than simply the lowest cost item often from an unknown source. Too many counterfeit items floating around. I don’t fancy putting my drones at risk to save a few bucks.

Mr I.

Can you provide any links to a brand new Yuneec Typhoon H battery from Amazon for $42 shipped?

I haven't seen any yet.

several flights so far on each battery, they seem to fit and function just as the OEM battery. I haven't timed flights yet, but I do not ever push the time/battery life envelope.

I am quite happy with the deal, the reviews on amazon looked good.

Last edited:
I see, rdonson. What's the name of this topic ? "super". I'm not calling anyone stupid or foolish. I just don't think it's the best buy. There's better deals out there. The price of item though can say alot about the quality. most inexpensive item are not good buys and fail sooner than you would think.

I don't trust "sales" on already "inexpensive" items. I've bought things just like this and they fail. I was happy with them also. Chances of this being "the one" are pretty small. If you insist on it, ok. whatever floats your boat. If I was to get off brand I would at least make sure they are a higher end off brand company.

Mr. I,

https://www.amazon.com/Upgrade-Powe...qid=1528141705&sr=8-9&keywords=yuneec+battery

what makes you think those batteries of a higher quality?
because they look IDENTICAL to the ones that were linked in this thread.

they are also $70 each, not $42.

For $42 each I contend its likely safer to run a new (tested of course) set of batteries yearly, than to use an OEM battery for multiple years.

There are several aftermarket Typhoon H battery brands that have a track record with many members here. I have two stock batteries and a single Ultrax battery I purchased for 51 dollars. They are all 1 year and 3 months old and each has approximately 90 flights. All have been properly maintained and their performance is virtually the same to this date. I think these aftermarket batteries appear to be cheap due to the fact that the stock ones are somewhat overpriced. If/when I need to replace my packs, I will look at reviews from pilots on this forum for the various aftermarket brands and make a decision accordingly but i'm pretty sure they won't be the Stock ones unless they come down in price. I hope @mouthfulloflake will post his findings after a good number of flights.

Reactions: NorWiscPilot
I have 7 batteries. Not all are Yuneec , I have Ultrax and Powerextra batteries as well. I didn’t buy either of those brands because they were the lowest cost available. I bought them based on recommendations of pilots who had put dozens of flights on them and knew how to care for LiPo batteries. Did I save some money on them versus stock Yuneec? Sure. Did I find them to be substantially better? Not really.

I just dislike the word “cheap”. Sorry... I guess I'm just cantankerous.

Last edited:
Reactions: NorWiscPilot
mouthfulloflakes, The brand names are different. If you lookup powerextra's website they are a higher end 3rd party battery manufacture. I have 2 of them. The only reason I got them was because I had a big job and needed the extra batteries. I did my research and got the best batteries I could find in my price range at that time. I couldn't afford the name brand one's at that time but when I get more batteries I will be getting the name brand one's.

I realize that the prices are different, For 1. most likely they put a little more effort in making good quality batteries. For 2, They are upgraded and clam to have a higher flight time than the name brands, but I didn't get them for that reason nor do I think they are better. for 3, they come in 2s. It would cost more if you bought them one by one.

rdonson, I agree one what you said. I didn't get the lowest costing batteries I could find. I bought them because they had high rating by other pilots that bought off brand batteries. sure there was cheaper batteries at that time, but I knew that the cheaper the less quality I would get. If someone makes a cheap battery, they can sell it for cheap. But If someone makes the same one but higher quality and better, they are going to sell it for more. If someone makes a good batteries and sells it for cheap than they are going to be losing money. That's why I'm against buying off brand batteries that are already low in price, then go on sale ? I don't think so.

I apologize If my works are blute and crude. I know now that I wrote my first reply like I was telling you guy's off. I don't mean any disrespect to anyone of you guys. I came here to learn from you guy's and look forward to getting to know you guy's more. Just trying to offer my advice on how I buy my batteries.

Mr. I,

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis