Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Things we would like in update from Yuneec

Reaction score
Hello all,

I thought I would start this thread to create a list of items that we would like to see Yuneec implement in firmware updates. Please like if you agree and add your suggestions. Maybe Yuneec will take notice. Lets keep the items feasible.

1. Speed control on CCC and POI
2. Ability to stop at waypoints on CCC
3. Timelapse capability on Camera
4. Auto exposure bracketing
5. True manual white balance
6. Ability to save camera settings
7. Open up SDK so dronedeploy, pix4d, etc apps will work (just dreaming on this)

Last edited:
8. Able to change the camera (photo and video) setting during the flight
9. RTH setting
10 Able to take photo during the video recording

Your list has a lot of good things on it and in reality it is all stuff that could be fixed with a firmware upgrade.
Can you set the altitude in CCC? I have not tried it yet but someone said not to do it al low altitude. If not that should be added to the list.

Another thing I would like is to see them offer an upgraded camera, does not need to be CG04 level but just better. I would be will to spend $$$ on it and I'm sure many others would too.

Reactions: Wileytrigger21
Your list has a lot of good things on it and in reality it is all stuff that could be fixed with a firmware upgrade.
Can you set the altitude in CCC? I have not tried it yet but someone said not to do it al low altitude. If not that should be added to the list.

Another thing I would like is to see them offer an upgraded camera, does not need to be CG04 level but just better. I would be will to spend $$$ on it and I'm sure many others would too.

Yes, you can set altitude. You have to fly the points or try Eric's CCC editor. I love the idea of an upgraded camera.

8. Able to change the camera (photo and video) setting during the flight
9. RTH setting
10 Able to take photo during the video recording

I'll go along with RTH settings but you have been able to change camera and video settings during flight since the CGO-3 camera first came out on the Typhoon 4K and Chroma. Those control functions were also present on the CGO-2. Make it a point to change camera and video settings during flight to bracket photos and alter image quality as conditions require. It's not hard to do.

Adding the ability to take a photo while in video mode is totally redundant and an unnecessary complication. You can pull a screen grab from any portion of a video during playback at home.

I'll go along with RTH settings but you have been able to change camera and video settings during flight since the CGO-3 camera first came out on the Typhoon 4K and Chroma. Those control functions were also present on the CGO-2. Make it a point to change camera and video settings during flight to bracket photos and alter image quality as conditions require. It's not hard to do.

Adding the ability to take a photo while in video mode is totally redundant and an unnecessary complication. You can pull a screen grab from any portion of a video during playback at home.
Ya..I was scratching my head on those two.

A couple of enhancements for RTH:
1. Make action when remote control is lost configurable (hover or RTH -- both have valid use cases).
2. Allow RTH return height to be set up to maximum height that the TH is configured for.
3. Allow RTH to automatically enable Smart Mode + Obstacle Avoidance to allow a TH with RealSense to navigate around obstacles.

I'd love to see IPS fully enabled so it can hold position, not just height.

I'd love to see RealSense work in Angle mode (obviously only in the direction that the drone is facing)

I'd love to see RealSense work in the absence of GPS lock. RealSense and IPS would be great for indoor flying, but requiring GPS prevents that.

If you have an aircraft that is stable without GPS you don't need IPS, just good fingers and turtle speed.

Yes, that is one function I was hoping for but that isn't currently possible -- free-flying the Typhoon H with the ST16 while the camera automatically focuses on the Wizard.

Yes, that is one function I was hoping for but that isn't currently possible -- free-flying the Typhoon H with the ST16 while the camera automatically focuses on the Wizard.

You know...I wonder if you bound the wizard to the H and camera without turning on st16 and then turned on st16 and just bound it to the H not the camera....hmmmmmmm

(Grammer...horrible run-on..lol)

You know...I wonder if you bound the wizard to the H and camera without turning on st16 and then turned on st16 and just bound it to the H not the camera....hmmmmmmm

(Grammer...horrible run-on..lol)

In team mode with the wizard and st16...i think it will work.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hendrtiz