Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Thinking of Buying a 920

I've got the orig and the batteries are a tight fit but snug is good. They go in to the cavity farther than the orig batteries which is also good to account for the conversion extensions. Without the cgo4 on I got 25 minutes with 22.5 volts remaining. I was a pansy with it being 40 degrees and it was windy. Instead of the usual 5 to 9 minutes with the old crappy Yuneec batteries it made the flying enjoyable.

I usually hit the first voltage warning, the annoying one, right around 16 minutes of active flying. If I push low voltage to an absolute minimum of 22.3v I can usually achieve 20-23 minutes. As I tend to being battery conservative and be in the ground by 22.5v my flights are usually over by about 18 minutes.

The batteries are covered in a heat sensitive shrink wrapper. If the wire end causes an interference fit you can compress the wires and use a little bit of hair dryer or heat fun to tighten up the wrapper a little. As we will remove the batteries by pulling them out by the wires the wrapper will relax over time and allow the wires to expand out a little. Just shrink the wrapper again to tighten things up. Use just enough heat to obtain a shrink reaction. You don’t want to get the battery hot.

Finally getting to play with the camera settings on the plus, correct me if I am wrong in my assmptions:
They have given us a histogram that does not function
Manual mode in stills does not show any alteration on the 'Live View' (and we don't have a histogram) or an exposure meter rendering manual mode all but useless.

And that’s the way it is.

You can bracket for stills but that’s a PITA and consumes lots of battery time. However, if you have a decent video processing program you can obtain the micro 4/3 resolution from 4k video in frame captures. The 920 will not provide the highest photo resolution for the 16/9 format, but you can do high resolution 16/9 from a capture. In a way captures are almost easier than shooting stills as you could run video of a subject, move around a lot to alter the angles, and take what you liked from the video as desired. I can’t count the number of times I’ve done still shots and found during later review I needed to go back and shoot them again.

For those thinking they can use the Photos program that comes with Windows 10 for video screen captures, forget it. That program always seems to provide motion blur in a still captured from video.

Reactions: thoneter
Thanks from both of you, that helps, oh ya it's still cold and raining like crazy here, can't get out and fly
Here's the crap I'm driving in

Attachments

• IMG_20180403_121556543_HDR.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 7
And that’s the way it is.

You can bracket for stills but that’s a PITA and consumes lots of battery time. However, if you have a decent video processing program you can obtain the micro 4/3 resolution from 4k video in frame captures. The 920 will not provide the highest photo resolution for the 16/9 format, but you can do high resolution 16/9 from a capture. In a way captures are almost easier than shooting stills as you could run video of a subject, move around a lot to alter the angles, and take what you liked from the video as desired. I can’t count the number of times I’ve done still shots and found during later review I needed to go back and shoot them again.

For those thinking they can use the Photos program that comes with Windows 10 for video screen captures, forget it. That program always seems to provide motion blur in a still captured from video.

I can't see why the need for 16:9 for stills anyway tbh I am quite happy with 4:3 but I can see a definite advantage with grabbing captures from 4k video, I was a bit concerned at 1/50 they may be a bit blurred though.
I have just finally managed t get an hour or so without rain anf had a few short test flights and grabbed a little video, sadly it was very overcast but I will try and see what result I get. I have Premier Pro as part of CC but not very good with it just yet.

That’s one of several reasons I abandoned the Pacific Northwest. Snow is great for skiers, decorating the tops of mountains, and holding water in reserve, not for driving or walking on a sidewalk. That “White Winter Wonderland” crap is for people that don’t have to live in it.

Well, flew the 920 for the first time this evening, after 3 aborted attempts earlier in the day due to rain I got about an hours break and got my chance. The first time I have ever felt a bit scared to fly a UAV lol but after the first take off and a test landing I realised she was going to behave very well indeed. Certainly a very nice platform for video I should think.
I couldn't remember the voltages Pat had recorded landing at and so landed after 9 mins flight time for the first set of 3 Tattu batteries which equated to 22.4v. I see now trading back that I was well premature but kept expecting the first alarm which didnt come.
On the second set I flew until the battery indicator turned yellow, which was 21.9v and 11 mins after testing out the RTH function and Orbit mode. The third set I shot a little video in crap light and landed again at 21.9v after 10 mins, All with CGO4 mounted.
Rudder control seems rather sluggish and the stick did very little until half way across, I may have to try and edit the expo for this.

I see I needn't have worried about the lack of alarm now so shall take it down further next time, still better safe than sorry.

I did try setting waypoints but got put off having to put my phone wifi password in. Does anyone know if there is a way to get the ST16 to remember password like you can on phones and laptops etc, it's a pain having to put it in each time I try and connect?

oh YUCK , well on Sunday we had 3 inches of snow fall, Monday it was in the low 40's, today is Tuesday and it was almost 70 with a **** of a storm late afternoon, tomorrow is Wed and there may snow flurries. Thats what I'm driving in, I feel your pain

Well, flew the 920 for the first time this evening, after 3 aborted attempts earlier in the day due to rain I got about an hours break and got my chance. The first time I have ever felt a bit scared to fly a UAV lol but after the first take off and a test landing I realised she was going to behave very well indeed. Certainly a very nice platform for video I should think.
I couldn't remember the voltages Pat had recorded landing at and so landed after 9 mins flight time for the first set of 3 Tattu batteries which equated to 22.4v. I see now trading back that I was well premature but kept expecting the first alarm which didnt come.
On the second set I flew until the battery indicator turned yellow, which was 21.9v and 11 mins after testing out the RTH function and Orbit mode. The third set I shot a little video in crap light and landed again at 21.9v after 10 mins, All with CGO4 mounted.
Rudder control seems rather sluggish and the stick did very little until half way across, I may have to try and edit the expo for this.

I see I needn't have worried about the lack of alarm now so shall take it down further next time, still better safe than sorry.

I did try setting waypoints but got put off having to put my phone wifi password in. Does anyone know if there is a way to get the ST16 to remember password like you can on phones and laptops etc, it's a pain having to put it in each time I try and connect?

Steve sorry to interrupt but I looked at your portfolio and very nice work you posted on your site, you are a brave soul for shooting in the winter, my hats off to you

So. Does anyone know if you can wifi to remember the password for your various connections on the ST16? Its a ball ache having to connect to the phone everytime I want to do a waypoint or geofence. Or am I missing something, can it be planned at home and used offline later like UAVToolbox?

Speaking for the Plus,
mine only “caches” a limited amount of map area. I’ve tried downloading a very wide area map but once shut down everything outside of a mile or so fails to repopulate the satellite view if not linked to the web.

As I’ve only played with the waypoint function in the shop a few times immediately after acquiring it I don’t recall if I had to use the WiFi password more than once. I did not use a mobile hot spot for those experiments though. I’ll check it out first chance I get.

Seabee may chime in with his experiences as he’s done more waypoint work.

Dx9yIWJ.png
oh YUCK , well on Sunday we had 3 inches of snow fall, Monday it was in the low 40's, today is Tuesday and it was almost 70 with a **** of a storm late afternoon, tomorrow is Wed and there may snow flurries. Thats what I'm driving in, I feel your pain
April 4th, 4 degrees and 4 inches of snow. The climate scientist may need to consult with John Denver as I think they're full of caca.

Last edited:
Reactions: madatme
So. Does anyone know if you can wifi to remember the password for your various connections on the ST16? Its a ball ache having to connect to the phone everytime I want to do a waypoint or geofence. Or am I missing something, can it be planned at home and used offline later like UAVToolbox?
My ST16 with b30 software used with the H920+ seems to remember my home WiFi password when using the waypoint function.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval