Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Thinking of Buying a 920

Yes the whole kit .Its a plus I am waiting for mine tomorrow I paid $2,500. Free shipping
Congrats on the H920+, I'm sure you'll enjoy it!
Welcome to the Gang of 920.
Oddly, you'll normally find the 920+ for less than the 920 original. The original 920 if new or near new normally gets more in the 2800 - 3500 range with CGO4. If you add 2nd ST24, Batteries, etc... climbs.
As you've probably read on the forum, many like the 920 and many like the 920+. And... sadly, many with converted 920+ regret having their 920 upgraded.

Welcome to the Group!

Congrats on the H920+, I'm sure you'll enjoy it!
Welcome to the Gang of 920.
Oddly, you'll normally find the 920+ for less than the 920 original. The original 920 if new or near new normally gets more in the 2800 - 3500 range with CGO4. If you add 2nd ST24, Batteries, etc... climbs.
As you've probably read on the forum, many like the 920 and many like the 920+. And... sadly, many with converted 920+ regret having their 920 upgraded.

Welcome to the Group!
Thanks I fly the typhoon h so when I read th e 920 forum and saw most that buy them like them and then with the 920 plus with the h firmware I was sold. I think all the dealers that have them in stock know there will be no more And no upgrades. So their finally bringing down the price. To empty shelves.good deal for consumers who were not going to buy one for $4,000.

Thanks I fly the typhoon h so when I read th e 920 forum and saw most that buy them like them and then with the 920 plus with the h firmware I was sold. I think all the dealers that have them in stock know there will be no more And no upgrades. So their finally bringing down the price. To empty shelves.good deal for consumers who were not going to buy one for $4,000.
:oops: wow... or more like $8,000 when H920 released. Actually I think the 920 (not the 920+) has hit that hill top... it's not coming primarily from the retail side, it's resale. And as the 920 becomes difficult to obtain you'll see the 920 price climb.

In the last year, the 920 original has held steady or climbed in value. If it's later found to be a good platform to build off of, you'll see it climb more even if intentions are to gut it.

It's been a discontinued bird for several years and yet still a popular sought model. But it's also in a very small subset of buyers. Not to many want the H920, but those that do... seek it with a strong desire.

The H920+ may have a different outcome, but similar. Maybe better if 3rd party could ever get the source code to develop new enhancements.

Reactions: thoneter
:oops: wow... or more like $8,000 when H920 released. Actually I think the 920 (not the 920+) has hit that hill top... it's not coming primarily from the retail side, it's resale. And as the 920 becomes difficult to obtain you'll see the 920 price climb.

In the last year, the 920 original has held steady or climbed in value. If it's later found to be a good platform to build off of, you'll see it climb more even if intentions are to gut it.

It's been a discontinued bird for several years and yet still a popular sought model. But it's also in a very small subset of buyers. Not to many want the H920, but those that do... seek it with a strong desire.

The H920+ may have a different outcome, but similar. Maybe better if 3rd party could ever get the source code to develop new enhancements.
Your or only right I know the introductory videos from yuneec on the 920. Had the bird at $4,000.then you still had final and camera to add to that price

Why the mystery with naming the place in Missouri? That is also the state Yuneec moved their warehouse operations to.

Why the mystery with naming the place in Missouri? That is also the state Yuneec moved their warehouse operations to.
Pat, lost me... the Ebay sale? I'm going off the Ebay listing for info. If the other birds Slick is referring... not my circus.

No mystery .The listing. Has a account name genuine authentic deals . The paypal receipt. List a name of business .As telesis group Inc. Just not a name everyone is use to hearing.

I bought from him and verified with Yuneec that he is a authorized seller. I had a few issues with the 920 and returned but it wasn't his fault.

Good place to buy from. Not sure what mystery we are discussing. KAV?

I was waiting till I got mine and examined it and registered it. To verirfy that it was a lagit dealer .the purchase was backed by ebay purchase guarantee .And paypal so I knew if it wasn't I'd get my money back

I also before buying one called yuneec usa and I asked about the discontinued 920 line and that if I bought one the warranty issue they told me to buy with confidence that if I bought one from one of their dealers it would be warranteed and serviced as long as they had parts available .And they claimed to had quite a bit of parts at their disposal

I guess because I didn't post the dealer .What issues did you have
Touchscreen came DOA. Binding with my other st16's was a nightmare. The bird and camera showed 2 options to bind and neither worked. Called Yuneec and they informed me to use the most current options as the older choices would not work.

I informed them that the new version didn't work and they then proceeded to tell me to choose the old versions which they just got done saying they would never work. My feeling is that this unit was made on a friday just before quitting time. The weird thing is that the seller stated he flew the st16 and bird before shipping. Yuneec stated that all controllers and birds are checked before boxing. Now that's a mystery!

Pat, lost me... the Ebay sale? I'm going off the Ebay listing for info. If the other birds Slick is referring... not my circus.
How many elephants do you have?

Touchscreen came DOA. Binding with my other st16's was a nightmare. The bird and camera showed 2 options to bind and neither worked. Called Yuneec and they informed me to use the most current options as the older choices would not work.

I informed them that the new version didn't work and they then proceeded to tell me to choose the old versions which they just got done saying they would never work. My feeling is that this unit was made on a friday just before quitting time. The weird thing is that the seller stated he flew the st16 and bird before shipping. Yuneec stated that all controllers and birds are checked before boxing. Now that's a mystery!
That really is . did you get your money back or another 920

That really is . did you get your money back or another 920
I was going to wait until I got my refund and then get another + but some old fart on this forum talked me into buying one of his circus elephants. Don't want to give away his circus name.

I also before buying one called yuneec usa and I asked about the discontinued 920 line and that if I bought one the warranty issue they told me to buy with confidence that if I bought one from one of their dealers it would be warranteed and serviced as long as they had parts available .And they claimed to had quite a bit of parts at their disposal
You and others have been told that but sadly that wouldn't have happened. If you have a 920, there isn't any official support and their inventory on key components: ECU, etc is basically gone. The UK side shops have better inventory for the 920 series.

Yuneec had a policy that if a 920 showed up, it was a mandatory modification to 920+ with a fee of $380 to the Customer. Notice I didn't say "upgrade"... LOL! Just a raz!

Reactions: thoneter
You and others have been told that but sadly that wouldn't have happened. If you have a 920, there isn't any official support and their inventory on key components: ECU, etc is basically gone. The UK side shops have better inventory for the 920 series.

Yuneec had a policy that if a 920 showed up, it was a mandatory modification to 920+ with a fee of $380 to the Customer. Notice I didn't say "upgrade"... LOL! Just a raz!
That's funny. I would really buy some extra parts. And not send it in. But you know yuneec is yuneec they should be able to get parts from other warehouses

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ludwig