Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

To mod or not to mod?

@DoomMeister

The cells finally evened out. It’s a slow, round trip process, between the DY5 and the aftermarket charger.

View attachment 16351

I was able to connect a balance cable wire.

View attachment 16352

My H Plus gets to fly another day, after it has been grounded for good few days. Thanks always, Steve.
I'm curious as how this is any different to using the DY5, the balance lead is built into the DY5, the separate lead made by vertigo drones plugs into the OEM supplied charger,. And then you use the other third party charger.

I'm curious as how this is any different to using the DY5, the balance lead is built into the DY5, the separate lead made by vertigo drones plugs into the OEM supplied charger,. And then you use the other third party charger.

As I’ve read on here, and majority of the documentations are found the the Typhoon H Discussion. A member wrote a comment that the DY charger does not balance individual cells, an aftermarket charger is need to rescue a weak cell and bring it to par.

I approached Vertigo drones, and talked to them over the phone. GREAT cc they helped me out, and also informed me that the cables are currently out of stock. We talked about the Yuneec DY charger in comparison to having an aftermarket charger. Inclusion, I did not buy the charger from them, but they’re able to help me out, and put my preorder for the H520 charging cable.

IR... By using the IR function on my charger. I’m getting
pack one 5,5,8,5
Pack two 5,5,5,6
Pack three 5,6,5,5
pack four is 7,9,5,5

After charging. One pack peaked to 12ohms

Track the IR for awhile and see if the same cell is consistently showing the higher IR values. Packs two and three are well balanced and probably charge consistently. Packs one and four are not as well balanced and probably spend more time charging in the balance phase.

Reactions: RPR
Just an FYI, if you charge the night before and elect to “top off” the next morning, that last 1-3% isn’t going to put enough into the battery to make a noticeable difference. If we were out doing race stuff it could make a difference between finishing the race before critical voltage drop but for our purposes there’s not a lot of benefit, especially if we developed the habit of landing before critical voltage levels.

So you can top if you want or instead use the time spent on topping to get out the door a little earlier and miss a little traffic, sleep in, or have that all important second cup of coffee without any hustle and bustle.

RPR,

Your IR’s looked good. With those IR’s as long as the cells in a battery are within 1/10v (0.1) of each other you’re good to go. It would be very unusual for all the cells to be an exact match without using temp probes, something few do.

The cell with the double digit IR, check it again about half an hour or so after a charge cycle and see what you get. I won’t be surprised to learn it’s lower. If not, track it a little more than the others.

Your IR’s looked good. With those IR’s as long as the cells in a battery are within 1/10v (0.1) of each other you’re good to go. It would be very unusual for all the cells to be an exact match without using temp probes, something few do.

The cell with the double digit IR, check it again about half an hour or so after a charge cycle and see what you get. I won’t be surprised to learn it’s lower. If not, track it a little more than the others.

Thank you, Pat.. The numbers jumps around, I am not having the same digits, prior to the night before. But they are still within the same range. I am starting to log the numbers, specially now that the new ones came in, I am a base numbers to go by. I flew the packs today, and did not notice any abnormalities.

But a piece of info. surfaced after talking to my son. Because, he flew battery pack # 2,3,4 down to 15% I was not paying attention to how he was flying, because I was his VO during a mission, and he forgot to note it down in our log, and did not mentioned, during the boby cam recording. He is accustomed to DJI battery cycling procedure, and I guess it was my fault for bringing up the number of flights that we've had with the Yuneec, and took it among himself to cycle. I am glad that his happened, because we both learned something new.

Multiple pilots making aircraft log entries can often end up in discrepancies. Something done in other places is to put one person in charge of aircraft and maintenance logs to minimize errors. Sometimes overlooked but helpful is assuring all operators are familiar with system requirements for each aircraft type flown. “Differences” training can be extremely beneficial, and the differences between Yuneec and DJI equipment are immense. Easy to get tripped up.

Multiple pilots making aircraft log entries can often end up in discrepancies. Something done in other places is to put one person in charge of aircraft and maintenance logs to minimize errors. Sometimes overlooked but helpful is assuring all operators are familiar with system requirements for each aircraft type flown. “Differences” training can be extremely beneficial, and the differences between Yuneec and DJI equipment are immense. Easy to get tripped up.

As you say that DJI has a nanny app? [emoji23] he is used to the nanny app.

Multiple operators can log, my philosophy is this “own it, and accept it” step by step my little man is learning.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nvjfirut