Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Tubing coming from the Typhoon H

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

Has anyone noticed the 2 pieces of tubing sticking out from the Typhoon H just inside each of the Landing struts? I never noticed it before until after a crash (Less than 8 hours after buying my first ever drone) but cant seem to find any pics with that tubing sticking out

It was an upgrade they made. Mine dosent have them. They are mostly on the pro.

The tubing will run alongside the H Pros. It's the antennas for control and telemetry. On the Pro it was moved to be on the outside of the drone. It allows better long distance flight.

Not really. It just looks fancier. The antennas have always been on the outside, the tubing conceals them and does a better job of keeping them away from the landing gear actuators.

Yes, the Pro version has the "tubes" I can actually see a little wire protruding pass the tubes on my H

Attachments

• IMG_1911.JPG
    IMG_1911.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 33
Actually the whole antenna module is different on the pro with longer antenna leads than the first production H's. And strategically place in those tubes to hang farther down on each side thru those tubes under the landing gear. It was done to allow the telemetry and control to be in a better location for transmission. I actually changed out the old antenna module with the newer longer ones and added the tubes to gain that extra advantage.

Not really. It just looks fancier. The antennas have always been on the outside, the tubing conceals them and does a better job of keeping them away from the landing gear actuators.

I really dislike claiming more range and better connection with the Pro set up because with everything to do with this infant technology, your experience depends on many different factors. In my experience the my Pro H has more range and stays connected to the ST 16 more consistently than my buddy's older H. Again your results may vary depending on terrain and other factors.

I too upgraded two of my older H's with the Pro version RF module ($39 from Yuneec for the module and $4 for each Antenna bracket). I never liked the fragility of older short antenna leads protruding through the shell almost appearing as an after-thought. I also upgraded the transmitter. There are 4 antennas on the transmitter -- 1 2.4 and 1 5.8 video on the outside and 2 2.4 antennas on the inside. I moved the internal 2.8 from the inside to the outside with Yuneec's 2.4 whip antenna -- so the transmitter now looks just like the pro version. I'm not into distance with these drones -- but certainly want nothing less than a quality solid RF connection and the improvements to the Pro over earlier versions were not made for looks I assure you.

Reactions: m5zealot
I added the 2 external stick ant to one of mine and one to the ST16. First flight was very smooth and responsive. Before the H would only very very slowly rotate to the right. After I could spin circles repeatedly. Sure seems to have helped.
I often just rotate rather than take my eyes off of it to mess with the camera controller and that often does not get the framing I want.
I'm also using the new "bowtie" props. It seems to cause earth worms to come out of the ground!

Attachments

• DH8_3529-30ex-800x.JPG
    DH8_3529-30ex-800x.JPG
    360.2 KB · Views: 23
I added the 2 external stick ant to one of mine and one to the ST16. First flight was very smooth and responsive. Before the H would only very very slowly rotate to the right. After I could spin circles repeatedly. Sure seems to have helped.
I often just rotate rather than take my eyes off of it to mess with the camera controller and that often does not get the framing I want.
I'm also using the new "bowtie" props. It seems to cause earth worms to come out of the ground!

Holy crap! I wonder if installing those props will decrease attacks from seagulls and hawks! :p

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval