Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Two issues I Have

Reaction score
1). I know others have stated that the camera button does not work, Tried photo's for first time sometimes they work and others it doesn't and it seems you have to wait a bit between snaps. After a while I got it to snap 4-5 in a row, but very iffy. Any one call Yuneec yet, or find a fix? My video works great !

2). I could swear when I turned on ST16 for first time it made a Android boot up sound, but maybe not? But now I have no sounds at all, Is this normal? Does anyones make a controller boot up acknowledgement sound? If so any way to adjust volume I may have muted/lowered?
Volume button was set to minimum and have answered my own question !

Thanks! Other than these two issues, she is GREAT !:)

Last edited:
Reactions: Goh
I have not had any problems with either the photo or video button. Works everytime. Wonder where the difference may be?

Both my photo and video buttons have to be tapped multiple times to work. Haven't called.
I sure am tomorrow. My video is fine, but camera has to be tapped multiple times(sometimes, not always to work) I did learn if you are in video setting and recording and switch to camera, without stopping recording the camera button will not function. Have to stop recording video and then tap to camera, then it seems to work better! But ****, buy the time you fiquire things out I'm out two batteries and that is all I have, then back to charger for 4 hours! Sucks!.
Also, they say it can fly 22-25 minutes, if we do as we say and safe land at 14.7v **** even at hover that's 14 minutes, not even close! I know we should be able to get at least 18 minutes to be safe especially in hover ! Plus I still have two level bars at 14.7 v, so I am assuming we can go even longer?

DC I have RMA to send my ST16 back to them. I'm really leary bout this. It took 2 week to have my 500 camera repaired last year. By the time it got back my two batteries were dead. They sent me two more. Now how long to repair my controller. Yuneec really does take care of their customers . I guess I'll fly another couple of day then send it to them. I would say fLy til it vibrates then put a charge on it. I have decided to not baby mine any more. Guess the new has worn off.

Reactions: DroneClone
DC I have RMA to send my ST16 back to them. I'm really leary bout this. It took 2 week to have my 500 camera repaired last year. By the time it got back my two batteries were dead. They sent me two more. Now how long to repair my controller. Yuneec really does take care of their customers . I guess I'll fly another couple of day then send it to them. I would say fLy til it vibrates then put a charge on it. I have decided to not baby mine any more. Guess the new has worn off.
Same here my friend, all the way or nothing ! better to find issues now than later, I am getting really trustful of her now and have sent her out to 5-6 k twice! I think the camera button can be fixed with a firmware update and maybe just not using video mode first and start of on camera seems to be helping, test more tomorrow and call in to Yuneec!. Fly Safe my Friend !

Batteries: After they have cycled a few times, the flight times will increase. That's just the nature of Lipo's. The 22-25 minutes are under ideal conditions which you aren't likely to encounter.
Pictures: After you snap a pic, it will be several seconds before you can take another one. If you have the camera set for higher video resolution, you can take pictures while still in video mode. The camera will take pictures in the same resolution as the video.
Sound: When the ST16 is booted up, the + and - keys adjust the volume.

Reactions: JohnL
Using the Samsung EVO PRO 64gb (90MB WRITE SPEED) and I have no problem taking pictures one after the other without 4-5 second delay!

Sound, definitely need to tap the + bottom edge of the ST16 screen

These are the camera settings that allow taking pictures in video mode. This is for the CGO3, but should be the same for the CGO3+.

Attachments

• Yuneec CGO3 Video Modes.jpg
    Yuneec CGO3 Video Modes.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 63
Reactions: JohnL
Batteries: After they have cycled a few times, the flight times will increase. That's just the nature of Lipo's. The 22-25 minutes are under ideal conditions which you aren't likely to encounter.
Pictures: After you snap a pic, it will be several seconds before you can take another one. If you have the camera set for higher video resolution, you can take pictures while still in video mode. The camera will take pictures in the same resolution as the video.
Sound: When the ST16 is booted up, the + and - keys adjust the volume.
What/where +/- plus /minus keys sorry missing that. higher resolution as in 4K ? Just hit the camera shutter button in video? Thanks Steve

The imprinted symbols below the screen. The same line of symbols where the return key is located.
Found them earlier ! Thanks, that was it ! Volume all the way down ! Thanks Steve, wish the auto adjust on the camera quality on Auto was such a easy fix!

Found them earlier ! Thanks, that was it ! Volume all the way down ! Thanks Steve, wish the auto adjust on the camera quality on Auto was such a easy fix!
Have you tried the different modes for Sunny, Cloudy, Night, etc??

Everything possible ! Manual I can get OK stuff, but auto is least to be desired ! I was told it's because I have been flying near sunset, but by other platforms adjusted great 5 minutes before dark, so why shouldn't the CGO3+? I will try tomorrow at a little after noon time sun straight up and see what I get. Thanks

Everything possible ! Manual I can get OK stuff, but auto is least to be desired ! I was told it's because I have been flying near sunset, but by other platforms adjusted great 5 minutes before dark, so why shouldn't the CGO3+? I will try tomorrow at a little after noon time sun straight up and see what I get. Thanks
I used auto settings on my first flight after sunset with very low light conditions. The video wasn't good. Went out the next night and tried setting manually. The result was much better although I had the settings too dark. I'm a novice with camera settings, but the photog guys are telling me not to use auto settings because it won't work well and in low light it bumps the ISO way to high. In fact, that's what I found. This was my second video. Dark, but detail was much better.

Reactions: RBC and yuneec53
Thanks Steve, about what I am getting, guess I'll just have to play with settings more till I get it right !

I like the TH, but i am not happy that we are Beta-Tester and it don't work perfect right out the box. The YUNEEC-Service work hard and try their best to make us happy... :-/

- i have by boot up system only a beep after 2seconds... (Boot time from 2,5 to 9min on a open area)
- the PhotoButton sometimes works fine sometimes not. If i press to long no Photo..if i do it like a photo click then it works to 70%
- the VideoButton sometimes don't stop video after first alert and landing...
- it if i go in turtle mode and try to fly slow...it don't works...he fly...gets slow or stops and then. Oh i must fly ...
- i have tested in the Pad the countdown :) and have started...
get back to FlightControl...when it have finish and start the alarm...THE FLIGHTCONTROL/BINDING STOP !!! because it fall down in PAD-Mode

...after firstAlert and i go Landing I am around 16min.

Customer service try the best and getting much better. i have get a new Typhoon H with some new issues. I get fast replacement for my Fan in ST16 and the Landing Gear which don't have worked smooth.
My service at Store have repair it and know the hardware is fine...

now i wait for the software updates...

-Bind/Bootup Speed
(9min on an open Field is not cool in front of a client)
-stability of camera connection
(pics get dropped out, lost connection 15m height an don't reconnect, needed to land and start all new)
-RTH height
(i think its clear that 10m not enough and we need to change it form Set to Set)
-Turn Dynamic HomePoint to static HomePoint
(if i have a small Landing zone and get some issues, i want it can land and the same point where it started)
-Turtle mode works
(for real slow movements without jumping from point to point)
-Gains/Breaks (advanced setting)
(for make the breaks a little softer in rabbit speed...)
-Speed of Cam in CameraOperator in Team mode or CCC
(that i have more speed in end of the Stickway. or with the Turtle/Rabbit Control choose my Speed)
-
Speed Control Of the Automatic Flights with a slider at app or the turtle controller
(I have read you can control with some hectic Stickmoves, thats not helpful)
-Limits in ST16 not in GUI
(we have a fully Tablet here, not needed to put this on PC)
-Battery Info and Flight time
(I want see infos about Cells and Load-times, and want see how much flight time exist)
-MAP
(to control the way points in map, and check some things at that place)
-APP for LogData

(to record and look at my flights in Map)
-Playstore
(need some app there)
-Bootscreen how you want
(UserInfo or put Your own LOGO in)

Boy, you are in a world of hurt and wants! It is what is is as far as design ! As far as all your "other" issues, you have so many, just send it in and have it repaired or replaced, you have to many issues to even need to be flying it !

i have send it in... its the second one (with hardware issues too)... and the hardware issues are fixed now at the second one

I think it will be fixed with update... !

turtle mode
binding problems
camera start stop

for the other things i can wait :)

1). I know others have stated that the camera button does not work, Tried photo's for first time sometimes they work and others it doesn't and it seems you have to wait a bit between snaps. After a while I got it to snap 4-5 in a row, but very iffy. Any one call Yuneec yet, or find a fix? My video works great !

We had problems with both buttons, could only take a FEW pics, no vid's at all.
Dealer in UK said to try new quality sd card, so we bought a new one and that fixed the problem! It now takes both vid's and still pic's without any problems. So glad we didn't have to send it in for repair!!!
Only strange that Yuneec saves $$$'s and sends the H with a crappy card that gives you problems...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bj8me