Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Two issues I Have

My reply to DroneClone somehow got inside the quote in grey, above...

We had problems with both buttons, could only take a FEW pics, no vid's at all.
Dealer in UK said to try new quality sd card, so we bought a new one and that fixed the problem! It now takes both vid's and still pic's without any problems. So glad we didn't have to send it in for repair!!!
Only strange that Yuneec saves $$$'s and sends the H with a crappy card that gives you problems...

I used auto settings on my first flight after sunset with very low light conditions. The video wasn't good. Went out the next night and tried setting manually. The result was much better although I had the settings too dark. I'm a novice with camera settings, but the photog guys are telling me not to use auto settings because it won't work well and in low light it bumps the ISO way to high. In fact, that's what I found. This was my second video. Dark, but detail was much better.
Steve, This is a really nice video. Nice editing. Also, you are in a very beautiful area. Where is this? It looks like you have ski runs behind the homes.

I've only had my Typhoon H almost two weeks. And I've had problems making the camera work, too. It would not start a video or take a still with only one push of the buttons. However, I pressed the video button three times, and then it started taking video. Same thing with the still pictures, I had to press the button three times before it would take a still.

I also ran into another problem of not being able to stop the video. No matter how many times I pressed the video button, it just kept recording. Fortunately, I was not flying so I could do some searching in the controls. I finally had to re-select the camera PRO model, then switch back to the CG03+. Then when I went back to the main screen, the video had stopped recording. However, then I had a new problem. I lost WiFi and the camera was no longer ready to use. I searched around in the settings and then it asked for the password. Once I entered the password, then the camera & WiFi came back to life.
It's very iffy in how to make it take either stills or video. Yuneec needs to make some corrections I think. I haven't explored updating the firmware yet.

Hopefully our weather here will clear up so I can go out and make a test flight today.

I have one more question for you. How critical is it to have to stand at least 26 feet away from the TH? Does that only apply to the Smart Mode, or all modes?

Mojoe35

I own an Autel XStar premium with a 4K camera. I don't have a problem with it at all. I'm hoping there will be some firmware up dates that will address this one little problem with the auto system on my TH. This is not a problem on my 500+ CGO2', soooomakesme wonder. It is a good idea to not crowd your TH.

Typhoon H Camera....
You must leave 5 seconds between pressing either of the two camera buttons.
5 seconds to change from still to video
5 seconds for vice-versa
Both buttons must be pressed only once and rather rapidly. A slow deliberate press will not be accepted.
The SD card plays its part. A slow older SD card causes problems.
I use a Lexar Professional Micro SDHC 32GB UHS-II (U3) 150MB/s Expensive but very fast.
In the beginning I used an old SD card, and pressed the buttons like a lunatic. Result ... no pictures.

Reactions: QuadBart
My reply to DroneClone somehow got inside the quote in grey, above...

We had problems with both buttons, could only take a FEW pics, no vid's at all.
Dealer in UK said to try new quality sd card, so we bought a new one and that fixed the problem! It now takes both vid's and still pic's without any problems. So glad we didn't have to send it in for repair!!!
Only strange that Yuneec saves $$$'s and sends the H with a crappy card that gives you problems...

Seems that several people here have had quirks with the camera not working. However, now that I just do a quick tap on either the camera or video button, it works like a champ. I use the SD card that came with my Typhoon H and had no problems with it. I also have a new 64 GB Micro SD card that I plan to use and expect no problems with it, either.

I flew two days ago, and pressed the video button and it started just fine. I didn't turn off the video until I landed, thus shooting only ONE video clip. However, when I put the card in my computer, it contained not ONE but TWO video clips. The first was just over 7 minutes long, though my media program said 5:00 minutes. The second clip was shorter, about 1:07 minutes, and it began right where the first video stopped. I don't understand why it split the video into two clips. Anyone else noticed this? The over all time of the video was 9:10 minutes from start to finish.

I had a similar thing happen with a video camera when I doing a video of a memorial service. The video was about an hour & fifteen minutes, and when I put that card in my computer, there were four 23 minute clips, not just one. When i burned all the clips to a DVD, the DVD played as if it were one clip. I suspect I'll get the same result when I burn my Typhoon H video to disc.

Mojoe35

I think it is the fat recording codec. Most likely each recorded file will be no bigger than 2.7gb. This not Yuneec's fault but the nature of the Android architecture.

Reactions: yuneec53
What I noticed is that, you literally "tap" the button(s). I tried "pushing" the buttons and it doesn't take a photo or stop/start video. Its a very quick "tap" of the button. Once I started doing that they work everytime. I've not done a quick series of photos or quickly switched between the two..

What I noticed is that, you literally "tap" the button(s). I tried "pushing" the buttons and it doesn't take a photo or stop/start video. Its a very quick "tap" of the button. Once I started doing that they work everytime. I've not done a quick series of photos or quickly switched between the two..
This ^
'Pressing' the buttons will not activate the camera in any way shape or form. You have to quickly 'Tap' the buttons.
I have started a video, then tapped the video button to stop the video and then tapped the camera button to take a snapshot then immediately tapped the video button to restart the video recording. I have done this several time during a flight and the buttons work fine with literally no more time in between the presses than it takes to look down at the buttons to be sure of what you are tapping.

it never entered my mind that the micro sim would affect the camera speed, mind you I'm not much of a photographer, or drone pilot yet.
Great info thanks I'm going to buy a micro card, I take it the M/b speed is what I should be looking for, I've found a micro with 90 M/b speed so will order it. A big thanks for info

it never entered my mind that the micro sim would affect the camera speed, mind you I'm not much of a photographer, or drone pilot yet.
Great info thanks I'm going to buy a micro card, I take it the M/b speed is what I should be looking for, I've found a micro with 90 M/b speed so will order it. A big thanks for info
You are looking for"Write" speed. Class 10 cards with the "U" reading of minimum 1 are recommended for HD(1080p) and "U" reading of 3 for 4K.

I had ordered my Thphoon H props direct from Yuneec and they just arrive. By the time you pay exchange, GST and Duty the props ended up costing me $12.00/each!! Has anyone found a good source of supply in Canada? Would be very interested in hearing from you.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval