Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H Advanced vs Phantom 4

Wow that was a video full of confirmation bias. You can tell in how he worded everything that he is a DJI fan. I am not saying that is bad, people have preferences, I am just saying that I do not believe that was a completely fair review in how he presented it.

Just my opinion. i:)i

"....TYPHOON H PROFESSIONAL hits the market."

what? is there a better model than my 'H' ?

Reactions: Eric
No there is not a better model H. The next release will just have the RealSense addition for those who wish to pay the extra. As far as this video.......appears to be a well crafted advertisement for DJI, just as his previous video was. He glossed over some key differences and attempted to continually marginalize the H. It was not a comparison, it was a DJI ad.

Wow that was a video full of confirmation bias. You can tell in how he worded everything that he is a DJI fan. I am not saying that is bad, people have preferences, I am just saying that I do not believe that was a completely fair review in how he presented it.

Just my opinion. i:)i
I've seen his other reviews and comparisons and he does come across as a DJI fan boy.

And a better discreet advert for dji I've yet to see.
Completely ignored the better features of the H in my opinion... Downplayed all benefits.... Denigrated anything of a plus.
"The dji controller is more compact, the H is "intimidating"
Wow, there's a balanced report! Nothing about the built in screen and obvious advantages there. Just picked on battery life, and although that's an advantage there was no plusses and minuses shown.
All in all, a waste of time for someone looking at a purchase...nhe may as well have just said at the start... "Buy the white one"

Reactions: ModBod
Whether the P4 is better, or not, than the T-H I can't say. Maybe it is, Maybe it isn't. To my untrained eyes, video quality seems to be similar. My decision to buy the T-H was that (1) it has a better profile to be seen in the sky because it's simply bigger and blacker...less chance of loosing sight of it. (2) the integrated 7 inch screen on the controller, and (3) It has the one motor failure redundancy...it ain't gonna fall out of the sky like a Phantom 4 would given a motor failure.

These 3 factors were a deal maker for me. I already own 2 earlier model Phantoms and was a Phantom fanboy until the T-H came along. Until DJI can come up with something in this price bracket that meets these 3 points I'll not purchase another of their products. One last point: DJIs customer services suck, so I suppose that's a point 4.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chris McMillan
I felt overall it was pretty fair. I have a P3A as well as my "H" and good friend has a P4. We fly together frequently. I think the guy hit the nail on the head between the two. My buddy and I came to basically the same conclusion (minus video quality as neither of us are real videographers).

I didn't see anything in this video where he overlooked anything or "crapped" on the "H"... I think his tone at times showed he did like the DJI better, but again, I didn't hear any omissions or erroneous info... Did I miss something?

I felt overall it was pretty fair. I have a P3A as well as my "H" and good friend has a P4. We fly together frequently. I think the guy hit the nail on the head between the two. My buddy and I came to basically the same conclusion (minus video quality as neither of us are real videographers).

I didn't see anything in this video where he overlooked anything or "crapped" on the "H"... I think his tone at times showed he did like the DJI better, but again, I didn't hear any omissions or erroneous info... Did I miss something?
Sorry, just watched the video again, and now even less impressed than before. Totally unbalanced and condescending comments... The "Party trick"? Of raising the landing gear.... Come on, how much more can you belittle a feature. Lots of small digs, the "compact" RC of dji and the "Intimidating" ST16?but only commented sparsely on H and no mention of benefits that H had over the 4. Even tried to downplay vision of the H, whenbclearly they are a almost identical.
Nice try dji, but not subtle enough to be anything but a plug in the disguise of a review.

Owning both the video was spot on whether you want to believe it or not.
And he did not even talk about the more advanced features of the P4.

Here we go again ford vs chevy.. DJI fans go to your area.. Yuneec fans stay here.. Don't make me have to separate you boys!:D
Haha.... There will be many more comparison reviews of the Typhoon H all based on specs, features and opinions. Opinions are subjective to the reviewer and watcher. You can't have a forum that doesn't permit opinions and respectful constructive discussion.

When it comes to my drone is better than yours, I just ignore those.

Reactions: FlushVision
Jimmy, Jimmy, Jimmy.... What are we going to do with you?
Once more......."you're on the wrong fan site"

Ha Ha, What can I say Chris!
After hundreds of Phantom flights and about 70 H flights so far if I had to choose one to keep it would be my Phantom.

Reactions: Chris McMillan
Please post anything with DJI in the DJI forum. This is a Yuneec Typhoon H forum

Yeah I watched it again. You're right in that he doesn't seem to give "kudos" to the "H" where they are due. Guess I was trying to "hear" the true comparisons between the two and filter the opinion...

What I take issue is with his comments on the remotes (not the apps). I think the ST16 is a good unit AND it includes a video display. Thats something you have to buy with the DJI. He barely makes mention of that fact. I've heard people say; "Well, everyone has a smart device"... Yeah well, I don't want to tie up my phone using the GO app. I want to be able to get important calls. and if you are like me, even an Iphone 6+ is too small, I bought a full-size Ipad air for my DJi... 350 more bucks to the price!

Sorry, just watched the video again, and now even less impressed than before. Totally unbalanced and condescending comments... The "Party trick"? Of raising the landing gear.... Come on, how much more can you belittle a feature. Lots of small digs, the "compact" RC of dji and the "Intimidating" ST16?but only commented sparsely on H and no mention of benefits that H had over the 4. Even tried to downplay vision of the H, whenbclearly they are a almost identical.
Nice try dji, but not subtle enough to be anything but a plug in the disguise of a review.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval