Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H arm clips

Ebay price has shot up to 99.99 usd price gouging because they know its a weakness and in high demand...:(

I think it will be alright. It probably won't last as long as a steel clip (I get that) but not having to pay $42.99 or $15.99 for a part that was less than $5 a few months back. If I have to hit go on the printer every couple months to print some more I'm ok with that.
We've always paid two or three times more for Yuneec parts here so it's no big change, shopping around I've got the clips for under a fiver, so I've got a good stash built up over the last 12 months, I've got a damaged lightly crashed one I'm repairing, during this Covid 19 uncertain times, to give me something to do, besides all the other chores.

We've always paid two or three times more for Yuneec parts here so it's no big change, shopping around I've got the clips for under a fiver, so I've got a good stash built up over the last 12 months, I've got a damaged lightly crashed one I'm repairing, during this Covid 19 uncertain times, to give me something to do, besides all the other chores.

I'm interested!..... Is that an offer to sell a few? If not I get it..

Last edited:
I agree for some reason my printing went to crap the last 2 weeks.. sitting down tomorrow and setting the printer back up (slicer and printer). I'll download your file and run some test and let you know.

Reactions: Mechanic
Do you have a couple more too sell,first flight on my H plus and hit a tree and fell about 15 ft on to road upside down.

I just posted a better fix...

Do you have a couple more too sell,first flight on my H plus and hit a tree and fell about 15 ft on to road upside down.
Sorry to hear, I'm keeping the last 6 that I have, sorry ? Check with john at yuneec hobby store, he's a member here a honest straight shooter a good guy to do business with.

Reactions: Yuneec Skins
Well my printer is still messed up. Between work and hrs on house remodeling i finally got to spent a couple hrs last night trying to fix it. Still not there yet. Maybe today.

Well my printer is still messed up. Between work and hrs on house remodeling i finally got to spent a couple hrs last night trying to fix it. Still not there yet. Maybe today.

any questions on the printer just ask Manny, Glad to help :)

I have the Clips Listed on YuneecSkins.com for $9.99 No Tax + Shipping, not listing them on eBay, I try to be reasonable on Pricing.
Interesting Thread on 3D Printing them, hope it works out, I'm Checking into a Die to Stamp them out of Spring Steel, I was thinking they could be Made out of the Steel Straps used to Band Milled Lumber Units.
Here's the Link for the Clips I have available:
Motor Arm Latch 10.1.png

From start (worst) to finish (best) printing.. better still not 100%. Have some beefed up areas.

Attachments

• 15868180458537772080112982522709.jpg
    15868180458537772080112982522709.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 15
From start (worst) to finish (best) printing.. better still not 100%. Have some beefed up areas.

Is that pla? and what temp is your nozzle? I see your not getting the layers to bond is why I ask, looks as if the temp is too low. Also increase the segment overlap.

pla.. I used Hatchbox nozzle 215, bed 60, speed about 50. I had it dialed in tight about a month ago then after a week straight of printing mask it kind of went to crap. Noticed one of my belts is really stretched (my tension is almost to the max and I still have a little wiggle on the belt). I have ordered replacement belts but don't think that is 100% the problem. Ran the 100mm extrusion test it's spot on. I did update my slicer program within the last 2 weeks and that could be part of the problem. I did keep my settings from the previous version, but that's not saying much.

Did a fit test tonight. had to trim and sand a little but it clips in and will hold what I consider enough down pressure.

Couple things I noticed
- need to bring in the clip part in about 1-2mm
- shorten the other end 1-2mm (required trimming)
- the beefed up part sits fine inside could even make it a little thicker without too much problem
- need to round over the top of the clip, you have to push down on the lock release to get it to latch in. I'll probably just do this with sanding instead of changing the model
- Had to drill the screw hole out. Not a problem since I would rather beef up the area then drill to match.

Going to set up a test. I want to figure out how many lbs of force it takes to bend/break. Right now I bet I applied 5-10lbs of force and it held fine, but I want "real" figures.

Attachments

• 20200416_204613.jpg
    20200416_204613.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 15
  • 20200416_204616.jpg
    20200416_204616.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 17
  • 20200416_204621.jpg
    20200416_204621.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 16
  • 20200416_204627.jpg
    20200416_204627.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 18
Any update on the test you performed to get the “real” amount of pressure/lbs of force? Interesting thread, but then it just stopped? Lol.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stone