Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H Batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got mine in, one thing I noticed right away was how heavy the battery is in comparison to a normal 5000 Ma 4s battery. About 100 gr heavier, or 25% heavier. I know it has a circuitry and a case but that shouldn't add up to 100gr.

The circuitry couldn't come anywhere close to that.

One explanation would be that they're bumping the capacity a bit to get a more competitive runtime. The other might be a low end battery?

I'm interested to hear if other people observe similar differences.

they ARE much heavier I realized that I was like **** these are heavy

What purpose would it serve to have circuitry in the battery? The electronics are in the charger.

I neglected to post pictures of my modded Yuneec charger to accommodate a standard charger. Sorry, I forgot to take pictures of the inside; there's really nothing to it.

Q4YOJKC.png

qRs8aft.png

Next, if I can find the time, will be an adapter to try the 6.6A Graphene battery I've been testing.

Reactions: Unfaix
This is a easier mod than what I did. Just a bit bulkier.

What purpose would it serve to have circuitry in the battery? The electronics are in the charger.

I neglected to post pictures of my modded Yuneec charger to accommodate a standard charger. Sorry, I forgot to take pictures of the inside; there's really nothing to it.

Nice job! This is exactly what I want to do. It would be great if you could post pics of the modded internals Also what charge settings are you using?

I'd take it apart but glued the rest pads back on.

Below is a pic from RCG another guy did. It's the same idea but his goes out the end. I wanted to do it with the least amount of destruction as possible and leave the OEM charger operational. I also could have made a plug, but then it's becoming a labor of love rather than a quick mod. I'd prefer a separate adapter, but as stated wanted to keep it simple. Desoldering looked to be a pain anyway so chose this route.

Simply solder the balance plug wires in order. Gnd goes to main gnd, the rest to the remaining connectors.

There's a tab on the cover plate that I trimmed to be snug against the wiring harness and main power wires.

BTW, I've only charged at 1c so far, but not when battery was fully discharged. My H is at Yuneec right now but I'm expecting it back this coming week.

nHZfVpV.png

Below is a pic from RCG another guy did. It's the same idea but his goes out the end. I wanted to do it with the least amount of destruction as possible and leave the OEM charger operational. I also could have made a plug, but then it's becoming a labor of love rather than a quick mod. I'd prefer a separate adapter, but as stated wanted to keep it simple. Desoldering looked to be a pain anyway so chose this route.

Simply solder the balance plug wires in order. Gnd goes to main gnd, the rest to the remaining connectors.

There's a tab on the cover plate that I trimmed to be snug against the wiring harness and main power wires.

BTW, I've only charged at 1c so far, but not when battery was fully discharged. My H is at Yuneec right now but I'm expecting it back this coming week.

nHZfVpV.png

Great Info.

Thanks!

nHZfVpV.png
OMG I vote this as post O'the day hands down. Thank you!

Reactions: Typhooned
Last edited:
What are the super-duper battery chargers you guys (and gals) are using?! And how soon before we see adapters for our TH's?!

What are the super-duper battery chargers you guys (and gals) are using?! And how soon before we see adapters for our TH's?!
A lot of us use iChargers. There are various models spanning the price gamut. I personally use the 406Duo. There are other good charger manufacturers out there but iChargers are just kickass IMHO. They are a little complicated but extremely versatile. Just love it!

Yeah, I'm still waiting on Frank over at Carolina Dronz to announce his adapters. I've asked several times on his FB page but he's ignoring me (I fully realize I've been a pest and he's grown tired of the repeated requests).;)

Edit: Forgot to mention that with these types of chargers you must provide your own power supply. I have and old server PS I use rated at 800 watts.

Yeah, I'm still waiting on Frank over at Carolina Dronz to announce his adapters. I've asked several times on his FB page but he's ignoring me (I fully realize I've been a pest and he's grown tired of the repeated requests.

I saw him post in another thread that he decided he was not going to make the adapters for fear of people misusing them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech