Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H Batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw him post in another thread that he decided he was not going to make the adapters for fear of people misusing them.

So Yuneec is assuming their customer base is largely made up of idiots and can't be trusted.

I'm actually sizing up an adapter to use a different battery altogether. At the rate we're going, I'll have that finished before receiving the two batteries on order for several weeks (well one was ordered from B&H just recently but I have my doubts about receiving it any time soon either).

I have a question, how are the circuitry coping with the current going backwards into them?

I'd take it apart but glued the rest pads back on.

Below is a pic from RCG another guy did. It's the same idea but his goes out the end. I wanted to do it with the least amount of destruction as possible and leave the OEM charger operational. I also could have made a plug, but then it's becoming a labor of love rather than a quick mod. I'd prefer a separate adapter, but as stated wanted to keep it simple. Desoldering looked to be a pain anyway so chose this route.

Simply solder the balance plug wires in order. Gnd goes to main gnd, the rest to the remaining connectors.

There's a tab on the cover plate that I trimmed to be snug against the wiring harness and main power wires.

BTW, I've only charged at 1c so far, but not when battery was fully discharged. My H is at Yuneec right now but I'm expecting it back this coming week.

nHZfVpV.png

Why would anyone care if it did destroy the stock charger. Piece of junk anyway.
His mod is a easy way to use a better charger without having to unsolder that proprietary connector.

Lol just wondering, cause I thought about desoldering and the one it'll take vs just doing it that way.

I'd take it apart but glued the rest pads back on.

Below is a pic from RCG another guy did. It's the same idea but his goes out the end. I wanted to do it with the least amount of destruction as possible and leave the OEM charger operational. I also could have made a plug, but then it's becoming a labor of love rather than a quick mod. I'd prefer a separate adapter, but as stated wanted to keep it simple. Desoldering looked to be a pain anyway so chose this route.

Simply solder the balance plug wires in order. Gnd goes to main gnd, the rest to the remaining connectors.

There's a tab on the cover plate that I trimmed to be snug against the wiring harness and main power wires.

BTW, I've only charged at 1c so far, but not when battery was fully discharged. My H is at Yuneec right now but I'm expecting it back this coming week.

nHZfVpV.png

Glider can you confirm the actual charge rate is in fact 5.4amps and it does charge at that rate, the reason I ask on another thread on this forum the writer states that his conversion will only charge at 3.2 amps max with his charger.

Glider can you confirm the actual charge rate is in fact 5.4amps and it does charge at that rate, the reason I ask on another thread on this forum the writer states that his conversion will only charge at 3.2 amps max with his charger.

If the charger doesn't have a large enough power supply, it will limit the current output. The iCharger 206B can charge at 20A with the right psu, but mine maxes out at 13.5. I have no desire to charger faster than 1c on these Yuneec batteries. IMO the voltage drop is quite high, but maybe it's due to the camera. It seems to drop from 16.8 to 16.1 quite rapidly. Some have said the IR is good, but none of my other copters drop nearly that much. They also seem to get warmer than what I'm used to, but it may be because the battery is enclosed.

One thing I'm certain of is 5400 mah capacity is understated. If you set the cutoff at 5400, the battery is not fully charging and the flight time will suffer. It is not known how the Yuneec charger and battery board works, but in my experience not using the full capacity of the battery does not increase the life of it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sparkorc
It is understated, did a full charge from 14.4v to 16.7v and the charger put in 5211mAh.

And that's 96% if the capacity is 5400.

But at 14.4v, that's 3.6v per cell, nominal is 4.2v per cell, that's meant that I uses 85% of the battery.

Not 96%, the hex would have fallen out of the sky by then.

4i2CO59.jpg

This went on for another 6 minutes, and I stopped it. The cells settled back to 4.17v

Last edited:
If the charger doesn't have a large enough power supply, it will limit the current output. The iCharger 206B can charge at 20A with the right psu, but mine maxes out at 13.5. I have no desire to charger faster than 1c on these Yuneec batteries. IMO the voltage drop is quite high, but maybe it's due to the camera. It seems to drop from 16.8 to 16.1 quite rapidly. Some have said the IR is good, but none of my other copters drop nearly that much. They also seem to get warmer than what I'm used to, but it may be because the battery is enclosed.

One thing I'm certain of is 5400 mah capacity is understated. If you set the cutoff at 5400, the battery is not fully charging and the flight time will suffer. It is not known how the Yuneec charger and battery board works, but in my experience not using the full capacity of the battery does not increase the life of it.

Thanks for your reply that sounds the same as the Q500 4K battery which is also understated capacity of 5400 mah but is more like 6200 mah, as I use The iCharger 208B along with a modified psu which I can parallel charge 3 x 3s 5400mah yuneec batteries together at 5.4 [email protected], so when I receive my typhoon H my first job will be modifying the standard charger the same as yours,but until someone comes out with a suitable connectors I guess its going to be single battery charge for the time being, I forgot to ask what sort of charge time are you getting to full charge and are you setting the charge to 5.4 amps or going a bit higher to allow for understated capacity.

You mention battery seems warmer than what you are used to, my own experience with my so called modified phantom 1.5 that also get quite warm when down to 10.7 to 10.6 volts that's with DJI batteries and Chinese knock off batts in fact the Chinese battery's which was half the price give longer flight times.

My Q500 4K battery's also get quite warm when run down to 10.7 to 10.6 volts, so I guess its normal for these types of battery's to be warm when down to a minimum discharged state.

It is understated, did a full charge from 14.4v to 16.7v and the charger put in 5211mAh.
And that's 96% if the capacity is 5400.
But at 14.4v, that's 3.6v per cell, nominal is 4.2v per cell, that's meant that I uses 85% of the battery.
Not 96%, the hex would have fallen out of the sky by then.
Hey man love your parallel charging board there. It's even beefier than mine.:D

Thanks for your reply that sounds the same as the Q500 4K battery which is also understated capacity of 5400 mah but is more like 6200 mah, as I use The iCharger 208B along with a modified psu which I can parallel charge 3 x 3s 5400mah yuneec batteries together at 5.4 [email protected], so when I receive my typhoon H my first job will be modifying the standard charger the same as yours,but until someone comes out with a suitable connectors I guess its going to be single battery charge for the time being, I forgot to ask what sort of charge time are you getting to full charge and are you setting the charge to 5.4 amps or going a bit higher to allow for understated capacity.

You mention battery seems warmer than what you are used to, my own experience with my so called modified phantom 1.5 that also get quite warm when down to 10.7 to 10.6 volts that's with DJI batteries and Chinese knock off batts in fact the Chinese battery's which was half the price give longer flight times.

My Q500 4K battery's also get quite warm when run down to 10.7 to 10.6 volts, so I guess its normal for these types of battery's to be warm when down to a minimum discharged state.

All my other copter's batteries are open to the air so don't get as warm.

Capacity cutoff is disabled.

How are we doing on those charger adapters guys? If anyone needs them let me know

Yuneec Typhoon H Factory Battery 3rd party charger LIFETIME

Wow $63, that is a bit much for one connector. I would pay $63 for a pair but that seems a lot for one. Just my opinion.

Anyway I bought a do it yourself connector from a user here but had issues with getting the spring pins to fit properly. So I cannot use them.

Anyone know where to buy the small spring pins? Maybe I can fix it.
Or does anyone know what they are as far as type/size so I can Google for them. I have no idea what size they would be etc...

Last edited:
Be careful commenting on Ralphy's prices, he doesn't take it well.

Don't get me wrong, I am all for capitalism. If he can sell them for that, more power to him. Any product is worth the price if you need it and don't mind paying for it. i:)i

It is just my opinion. I appreciate anyone making products for the H to fill the needs of its users.

View media item 247Hi,
If you have access to a 3d printer the files for a Shell and inner part can be downloaded here;
Yuneec Typhoon H Battery Adaptor by treb63
Easy enough to modify for whatever pogo pins you can get locally and plenty of info regarding the wiring available on this site.

Funny thing is I do now have a 3D printer. I have already been wanting one but being able to make these types of things prompted me in getting one.

Why didn't I discover this before I tried putting the one I have together. i:)i

All I need are those spring pins....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss