Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

typhoon h battery

Reaction score
I orderd a battery from best buy when I got it I tested voltage and it read 3.4 volts, tryed to charge would not take a charge, I contackted best buy and got my mony back I still have the battery. Last night I thought I would try to charge it again same thing would not charge. I thought I would try somthing Ihad nothing to loos, and I dont recommend to any one to try but I used A car charger on 2 AMPs for 2MIN and then 10 amps for 1min, tested battery and had 12.3volts I put battery back on ev-peak charger and it started charging, Ilet it charge till full let battery sit over night tested in morning still had 16.7v. went flying with out camra and stade low and close, I got about 15min out of the battery all seems good. Now I feel bad for getting my mony back.

Reactions: sam31149
I orderd a battery from best buy when I got it I tested voltage and it read 3.4 volts, tryed to charge would not take a charge, I contackted best buy and got my mony back I still have the battery. Last night I thought I would try to charge it again same thing would not charge. I thought I would try somthing Ihad nothing to loos, and I dont recommend to any one to try but I used A car charger on 2 AMPs for 2MIN and then 10 amps for 1min, tested battery and had 12.3volts I put battery back on ev-peak charger and it started charging, Ilet it charge till full let battery sit over night tested in morning still had 16.7v. went flying with out camra and stade low and close, I got about 15min out of the battery all seems good. Now I feel bad for getting my mony back.
I had a similar experience. I posted what I did in post 13 of this thread:
A bit surprised, submitted a claim for 1 swollen battery to yuneec within warranty period, then in a final email reply my 2nd battery had swollen too!
This is the number Of the problem battery that I found under the latch: B090320173501505
Is yours similar?

My battery was not swollen either. I think the 2016 in your number indicates the year of manufacture. Mine has 2017. I was thinking that if the numbers were close it might indicate a bad run at that time. Seems that it's not the case.

The ethical right thing to do, go to Best By let them know what transpired. Honesty is a virtue also!

Last edited:
I did contact best buy and they no longer cary replacment parts for the typhoon h in canada, but they wher happy i got it working, and to keep the battery, at no charge.

Reactions: AH-1G
Since the battery charged and seemed to fly okay it may be good, but it may also have some damage. The question remains as to why it lost a charge sitting on the shelf. It certainly needs to be watched and keep track of the cell voltages after it sits for a week or so.

Reactions: PatR
The instructions I received with my replacement battery.stated in all caps "NEVER SHIP BATTERIES TO YUNEEC. I think it likely that if Best Buy accepted the battery it would just be disposed of. Despite whatever religious beliefs you might ascribe to, my guess is that the proper thing to do in this case is to just let it go and count your blessings.

Reactions: WhatTheHex
I think the battery i got was old stock and just sat to long.
I also purchased a new old battery from BB last week, but flight time lasted only 6 minutes, even after several charges. I took it back.
But as of yesterday, I realize my motors were wearing out, this has caused me to reconsider why my flight time was lacking.

Since the battery charged and seemed to fly okay it may be good, but it may also have some damage. The question remains as to why it lost a charge sitting on the shelf. It certainly needs to be watched and keep track of the cell voltages after it sits for a week or so.
will keep close eye on it

I also purchased a new old battery from BB last week, but flight time lasted only 6 minutes, even after several charges. I took it back.
But as of yesterday, I realize my motors were wearing out, this has caused me to reconsider why my flight time was lacking.
You must have a lot of flight time on it

I worked for Best Buy for years (I sold 8088 8086 and 286 pc's to date me and left about "pentium II")
Won't even walk in that place now, dropped the ball way 2 many times; rather have Radio Shack back....
last time I tried to buy 2 unlocked Note 8's and they said sold out. Went home and ordered them at Bestbuy.com to get the 360 camera's and now forever done with them.
They are terrible now.

I worked for Best Buy for years (I sold 8088 8086 and 286 pc's to date me and left about "pentium II")
Won't even walk in that place now, dropped the ball way 2 many times; rather have Radio Shack back....
last time I tried to buy 2 unlocked Note 8's and they said sold out. Went home and ordered them at Bestbuy.com to get the 360 camera's and now forever done with them.
They are terrible now.
bes buy had a good price on props 4.99 for 3 blades i bought 6 a and 6b nad i bought the battery for 50.99 just so i could get free shipping

If your charger can measure the internal resistance of the individual cells, you can get a feel for how much damage it suffered.

Hey guys
I'm a newbie to the TH having just purchased mine late last August. I probably have some where around twenty flights at this time. (I have several other hobbies that requires dividing my time) I intend to purchase a couple more batteries and another charger this spring but I'm unsure as to what I should buy. I know absolutely nothing about the care and feeding of TH lipo batteries but I am anxious to learn. Is there a good tutorial out there or can some of you experienced pilots fill me in. And also, what would you guys recommend as a decent entry level charger? I will truly appreciate any help or advice given. Been a couple months since I have flown because I live in Western PA.
Thanks

Hey guys
I'm a newbie to the TH having just purchased mine late last August. I probably have some where around twenty flights at this time. (I have several other hobbies that requires dividing my time) I intend to purchase a couple more batteries and another charger this spring but I'm unsure as to what I should buy. I know absolutely nothing about the care and feeding of TH lipo batteries but I am anxious to learn. Is there a good tutorial out there or can some of you experienced pilots fill me in. And also, what would you guys recommend as a decent entry level charger? I will truly appreciate any help or advice given. Been a couple months since I have flown because I live in Western PA.
Thanks

LiPo Battery Care

Reactions: rdonson

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430