Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H battery

I’m in the US and purchased a battery from Vertigo Drones 6 weeks ago. Just got notice that it was shipping to me today. I understand back order items but I don’t think it’s a fair practice to offer a product and take money for it when they don’t have it in stock. Happy it’s finally on the way

Reactions: KEITH KUHN
Afternoon all ,does anybody know of anywhere selling typhoon h batteries in the uk. I've tried a few places with no luck, according to yuneec uk they are currently not able to get any stock from Germany and cant give a date when they can supply any , bearing in mind every time I've contacted them they keep saying should be about 2 weeks ,but they have been saying this since march , I appreciate that the plus has taken over but yuneec and their distributors were still selling brand new H's in recent weeks so would have thought there would still be a big demand for replacement/ extras

I hate when they play games

Go to eBay, and search this....
XT90 Yuneec Typhoon H Battery Conversion Adapter 6300mah 8000mah Upgrade Kit

As of today sold 38 to happy customers.
For only $20 and the kit even includes a must have GPS module adapter. Works with many different common lipo batteries. But the favorite choice battery ships from California $37 each free shipping and there are many available from multiple sellers on eBay. This is a hard shell battery, though the listings only show the correct photo of the battery if you scroll through their photos. Search 6300mah 14.8v LiPo. This battery comes with a Deans T-plug connector and the eBay kit has a XT90 connector. So remember to get a XT90 female to Deans male adapter $8. Be sure the adapter has 2 short wires so the adapter can bend a little.

Reactions: biltno
I bought a Yunnec genuine battery from this retailer on Aliexpress a few months back. I got it at 76€. Went to check this evening and it is gone up to 125€. Will not deliver to the US though.

I bought a Yunnec genuine battery from this retailer on Aliexpress a few months back. I got it at 76€. Went to check this evening and it is gone up to 125€. Will not deliver to the US though.
Just been looking at that web site. Interesting. I notice they also have Phantom 2 Vision batteries in stock too. The Phantom 2 Vision Plus has been out of production since summer 2015.

What was the manufacture date of that H battery you purchased a few months ago? I notice that they ship to the U.K.

Reactions: MartinC
Just been looking at that web site. Interesting. I notice they also have Phantom 2 Vision batteries in stock too. The Phantom 2 Vision Plus has been out of production since summer 2015.

What was the manufacture date of that H battery you purchased a few months ago? I notice that they ship to the U.K.

I know this is a silly reply. I am not sure. Is it on the battery or does it come up on the ST16? I also seen a very good review from Captain Drone where he done a review in 2017 on a Powerextra H battery that looked very good. Were available on Amazon back then but seem to have disappeared now.

I know this is a silly reply. I am not sure. Is it on the battery or does it come up on the ST16? I also seen a very good review from Captain Drone where he done a review in 2017 on a Powerextra H battery that looked very good. Were available on Amazon back then but seem to have disappeared now.
The manufacture date of a genuine H battery can be found on the inside of the pull up latch flap. It is represented by several digits, the first 8 is the date in the form DDMMYYYY

Not seen them for a while. I've tracked some new Ultra x batteries from a dealer in Belgium. So I ordered 2, they seem to be a good alternative with vast majority of good reviews.

The manufacture date of a genuine H battery can be found on the inside of the pull up latch flap. It is represented by several digits, the first 8 is the date in the form DDMMYYYY
You learn something new every day. The date code is 08032017 which incidentally is the same date that is on my two that came with the drone that I bought this year.

Reactions: KEITH KUHN
You learn something new every day. The date code is 08032017 which incidentally is the same date that is on my two that came with the drone that I bought this year.
There's seems to have been a production every year so far on batteries, perhaps they made a lot more 2016 batteries than other runs, as some dealers still selling that date.

I did not know about the date either.
Darn good to know where to find it.
Keith Kuhn

I've seen some reports of batteries obtained with 2018 dates. I think @Mrgs1 reported at least one such...and maybe even an early 2019?. So early 2017 is getting on a bit in age. How are your 2017 batteries holding up?

It's strange really, I've found some of the 2016 batteries have a lower IR than the newer batteries, perhaps they haven't been stored so well, or the earlier batteries were of a higher quality? I've got some Ultrax batteries from a dealer in Belgium, so will be interesting to see how they perform, giving there quite highly recommended.

I've seen some reports of batteries obtained with 2018 dates. I think @Mrgs1 reported at least one such...and maybe even an early 2019?. So early 2017 is getting on a bit in age. How are your 2017 batteries holding up?
I got 2018/19 batteries from Yuneec, I thought I'll order one more, they sent me a 2016 one, had to email them and rectify it.

Seems a mixed bag of reviews with GiFi. I'm steering clear of them at the moment.
I have 4 yuneec batteries so not needing to replace any yet but thought I would post link anyway as not sure on they ultramax batteries what's the review on them compared to gifi

I have 4 yuneec batteries so not needing to replace any yet but thought I would post link anyway as not sure on they ultramax batteries what's the review on them compared to gifi
From what I've read, Ultrax are ahead but there are bad reviews for them too. I'll give ithem a try and see what happens, longer flight times have been widely documented with them.

This reply below is from yuneec Germany ,

it is correct that we are awaiting a delivery from the colleagues in the USA as China is not ready yet with the next production run.
This delivery from the USA will exactly match the existing backorders. We also have a backorder from the UK colleagues which should be fulfilled once the delivery from the USA is here.
We are expecting this delivery probably end of next week.
I thought everything was made in China? Will be interesting to see if anything comes of this.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aimal khan