Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H battery

The batteries are made in China. The memo refers to a transfer shipment.
colleagues in the USA as China is not ready yet with the next production run.
This delivery from the USA will exactly match the existing backorders. We also have a backorder from the UK colleagues which should be fulfilled once the delivery from the USA is here. Then why are they are out of stock in USA? If there was stock then they would'nt of been out of stock in US for months like other countries.

This reply below is from yuneec Germany ,

it is correct that we are awaiting a delivery from the colleagues in the USA as China is not ready yet with the next production run.
This delivery from the USA will exactly match the existing backorders. We also have a backorder from the UK colleagues which should be fulfilled once the delivery from the USA is here.
We are expecting this delivery probably end of next week.
Well the end of next week has come and gone!

Mrgs1,

I will guarantee nobody, absolutely nobody, is manufacturing batteries for Yuneec in the USA. Anyone waiting for a Yuneec battery order to be delivered from the USA before they can fulfill orders is telling you someone in the USA received a shipment from China.

Why might a USA facility ship out of the USA, allowing “foreign” orders but not USA? Tariffs would be a good start. Bulk product shipments intended for sale in the USA must have tariffs paid prior to departing Customs. Bulk shipments that only transit the USA don’t. Tariffs are a 25% difference in profit margin and profit is all Yuneec cares about. 25% for one battery is no big deal but 25% of a hundred batteries is a different matter.

Yep. And I'm still waiting for the one I have on order.
Mrgs1,

I will guarantee nobody, absolutely nobody, is manufacturing batteries for Yuneec in the USA. Anyone waiting for a Yuneec battery order to be delivered from the USA before they can fulfill orders is telling you someone in the USA received a shipment from China.

Why might a USA facility ship out of the USA, allowing “foreign” orders but not USA? Tariffs would be a good start. Bulk product shipments intended for sale in the USA must have tariffs paid prior to departing Customs. Bulk shipments that only transit the USA don’t. Tariffs are a 25% difference in profit margin and profit is all Yuneec cares about. 25% for one battery is no big deal but 25% of a hundred batteries is a different matter.
I did say in a few posts back that the email the OP received was just bull, I couldn't see anyone making them except China, even for all 3rd party too. I've got hold of some new Ultrax ones now, so I'm ok at the moment, I won't hold my breath on Power 4s ones.

Bull indeed! There are a very limited number of lithium chemistry battery manufacturers in the USA and for the most part they manufacture for industrial or automotive applications. Two outfits I’m aware of assemble lithium chemistry batteries for RC modeling using imported lithium chemistry cells, and of those only one, MaxAmps, creates assemblies suitable for multirotors. Their quality and pricing structure is many times higher than what Yuneec would be willing to pay for.

I did say in a few posts back that the email the OP received was just bull, I couldn't see anyone making them except China, even for all 3rd party too. I've got hold of some new Ultrax ones now, so I'm ok at the moment, I won't hold my breath on Power 4s ones.
I'm still not desperate for new batteries because all my current ones are still good, though all of them are over 3 years old. But I know that they won't last forever and that is why I placed that order with Jessops over two months ago which they haven't delivered yet. Do you know of any dealers in England that have them? (I don't do ebay by the way).

I'm still not desperate for new batteries because all my current ones are still good, though all of them are over 3 years old. But I know that they won't last forever and that is why I placed that order with Jessops over two months ago which they haven't delivered yet. Do you know of any dealers in England that have them? (I don't do ebay by the way).
Sorry can't find anyone in UK, eBay too dodgy for LiPo batteries, listed as new, but are they? GiFi on Amazon but there 3rd party sellers mostly from the Eastern shores, some European dealers are showing in stock, but I'm not sure about delivery.

Sorry can't find anyone in UK, eBay too dodgy for LiPo batteries, listed as new, but are they? GiFi on Amazon but there 3rd party sellers mostly from the Eastern shores, some European dealers are showing in stock, but I'm not sure about delivery.
Pretty much the way I see it too. Doesn't look good does it?:(

So where exactly are batteries available for the Typhoon H? I had good luck with the Ultrax but can't find a source.

I tried one GiFi; was the only one that failed prematurely. Not interested.

Now that the Anafi is pretty much officially dead, getting a quality small drone at a good price is probably becoming a no go. Good thing I waited.

If Yuneec doesn't support their products by securing a supply of reasonably priced batteries, I'm done with Yuneec. Hate to say it but a certain unmentionable brand is looking to be the only reliable one left for support....believe me that was tough to choke up.

Glider,

With all due, if you have a Yuneec aircraft that performs well you should not be concerned about a future battery supply as standard batteries are easily adapted. Such is not the case with the brand you are contemplating. You use theirs or none at all.

All this excitement about lack of Yuneec batteries is a lot of drama about nothing. Anyone with the desire can walk away from Yuneec or other hard shell batteries in a heartbeat and suffer no ill effects.

@Mrgs1 Just been looking at batteries on Amazon U.K. There seems to be loads of sellers with GIFI 8050mAh batteries (no other brands, though) with price ranges from just under £84.00 up to around £150.00 so it seems no shortage of those. I'm tempted but I've seen some mixed reports about their longevity...some reporting they've gone bad after just a small number of cycles (reference to @glider 's post above for example).

Of course, there will be many who have them that are happy...those reporting an issue only doing so because they have an issue so I wonder if there is a majority that say nothing because there's nothing to report (if you see what I mean)?

Still waiting on Jessops but I'm thinking of doing an Amazon purchase. But before I splash out £84.00 I just wondered what your take is on Gifi. I will also listen to input from others who have experience of the GIFI packs.

@Mrgs1 Just been looking at batteries on Amazon U.K. There seems to be loads of sellers with GIFI 8050mAh batteries (no other brands, though) with price ranges from just under £84.00 up to around £150.00 so it seems no shortage of those. I'm tempted but I've seen some mixed reports about their longevity...some reporting they've gone bad after just a small number of cycles (reference to @glider 's post above for example).

Of course, there will be many who have them that are happy...those reporting an issue only doing so because they have an issue so I wonder if there is a majority that say nothing because there's nothing to report (if you see what I mean)?

Still waiting on Jessops but I'm thinking of doing an Amazon purchase. But before I splash out £84.00 I just wondered what your take is on Gifi. I will also listen to input from others who have experience of the GIFI packs.
Buying through Amazon will give you some buyer protection, not had any experience of GiFi, there's just as many positive to negatives reviews for them. Buy one and give it a shot, Just be careful that it performs to your expectations, if not return it. If the Power 4 batteries come back "New stock" I might buy a couple, but I'm not holding my breath!

So where exactly are batteries available for the Typhoon H? I had good luck with the Ultrax but can't find a source.

I tried one GiFi; was the only one that failed prematurely. Not interested.

Now that the Anafi is pretty much officially dead, getting a quality small drone at a good price is probably becoming a no go. Good thing I waited.

If Yuneec doesn't support their products by securing a supply of reasonably priced batteries, I'm done with Yuneec. Hate to say it but a certain unmentionable brand is looking to be the only reliable one left for support....believe me that was tough to choke up.
I thought batteries for some of those older models were getting scarse too. Only if you keep up with technology and keep buying every few years will you not get caught in the battery trap. Modifications are coming out to adapt the Typhoon battery system, I'd be more concerned in getting a good supply of spares which are prone to needing replacement like props,clips, etc, things which are exclusive to the H.

Buying through Amazon will give you some buyer protection, not had any experience of GiFi, there's just as many positive to negatives reviews for them. Buy one and give it a shot, Just be careful that it performs to your expectations, if not return it. If the Power 4 batteries come back "New stock" I might buy a couple, but I'm not holding my breath!
My preference would be Power 4 batteries but they're like hen's teeth at the moment. I'll leave it until Monday before I buy a GIFI from Amazon. Give others chance to chime in here about the quality of GIFI packs before I pull the trigger.

I get my batteries from Amazon and Ebay. If there is a Bestbuy near you, that's a good place to.

I get my batteries from Amazon and Ebay. If there is a Bestbuy near you, that's a good place to.
Isn't a BestBuy in UK. We've a handful of dealers and Yuneec UK and that's pretty much it, nothing on the same scale as US.

What @Mrgs1 said.

I avoid ebay like the plague so if there are any OEM batteries on ebay i'm non the wiser. I won't even take a look. However, I suspect that if there are any there they may be very old 2016 units. I will use Amazon but the only brand that seems to be available on Amazon U.K. for the TH are the Gifi ones...no other brands pop up under the search.

The one dealer that I used to get batteries and other parts from Quadcopters UK FPV Racing and Freestyle Drones Superstore has moved away from camera drones concentrating their business on the racing drone hobby so don't even carry stuff for DJI anymore. Indeed, last time I ordered anything from them was in early 2017 when I ordered a TH battery along with a couple of prop packs some of which arrived at my address broken.

Yep I know. You have watch, and do some shopping around for the best out there. I do a lot of research before I buy. It definitely gets old.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval